Band lineup for upcoming tour

Re: Band Members for 2011?

I looked at Pooley's wikipedia page and it says he's the musical director for Glee live which is on tour through the end of June.

Wow..Mikey went to American Idol and Pooley went to Glee..

Are people generally happy with the bass-drum battery of the Walker brothers? Are they lawnmower parts? Do you like one but not both?

Matt Walker is awesome.
Solomon.. nothing great, nothing terrible.

Alain doesn't wanna join the lads anymore. He has other projects now as Setting Fires.
That has absolutely nothing to do with it...Alain is gone for the same reason Gary Day is - they took time off, were replaced on tour, and never asked back.

That has absolutely nothing to do with it...Alain is gone for the same reason Gary Day is - they took time off, were replaced on tour, and never asked back.

I believe you don't know what you're saying. If Morrissey didn't want Alain back why would he colaborate with Morrissey giving him so many songs? About Gar I really don't know;

I believe you don't know what you're saying. If Morrissey didn't want Alain back why would he colaborate with Morrissey giving him so many songs? About Gar I really don't know;

Because the man has to put food on the table some way...

Say there, Viva...that's quite the signature. Interesting. Feeling a bit helpless?

Don't worry; I'm sure the internet connection in Mom and Dad's basement will improve soon.

Oh wait, it's Florida...no basements. OK. The crawlspace, then.

You know...with the bodies!

Say there, Viva...that's quite the signature. Interesting. Feeling a bit helpless?

Don't worry; I'm sure the internet connection in Mom and Dad's basement will improve soon.

Oh wait, it's Florida...no basements. OK. The crawlspace, then.

You know...with the bodies!

Was that supposed to be an attempt at humor? Please, don't try to troll someone who is FAR better than you are at it...just ask Kewpie.

Alain has said so himself...but by all means, school me on 'the truth.'

Alain told you that himself?

I doubt that very much.

In fact...he didn't.

Or do you mean that he was reported as having said that?

If so can you supply the exact quote?

As for the truth...well, that's rarely pure and, to my mind, is never simple.

That said...

Alain has a very, very successful career apart from Morrissey.

Recording with and writing for some big "names".

Add in to that his life in LA, his beautiful wife and his work with Free School and Setting Fires and you have all the reasons you need as to why Alain has chosen not to tour with Morrissey.

As someone else has mentioned the fact that Morrissey continues to rely on Alain for the majority of his music tells you that Morrissey likes, trusts and appreciates Alain as a musician and writer.

Still, if you have read something in a magazine or some online forum that contradicts all of that then I'll have to accept defeat as we all know that journalists never misquote, lie or take things out of context.

Ahem.

A "very successful career outside Morrissey?!" Yeah, writing 5 filler tracks for a couple rap and pop acts is really going to pay the rent. Oh yes, BIG names...Kelis. You sure hit the nail on the head there. Now if he had written "Milkshake"...

Alain was neither married, actively producing, working with "Free School" or "Setting Fires" prior to the ROTT tour...he didn't appear on that tour because he wasn't invited back. His replacement on the 2004 tour had taken his spot both on stage and in the studio. Just like he wasn't invited to participate in the 'Refusal' sessions which were...wait for it...recorded in L.A.

Morrissey continues to use Alain as a songwriter because Tobias and Boorer aren't very productive and realistically his better songs are penned by Alain.

Like I said, Alain has said this is the case himself...if you don't believe it, I couldn't really give a rat's ass, but that doesn't make it any less true.

A "very successful career outside Morrissey?!" Yeah, writing 5 filler tracks for a couple rap and pop acts is really going to pay the rent. Oh yes, BIG names...Kelis. You sure hit the nail on the head there. Now if he had written "Milkshake"...

Alain was neither married, actively producing, working with "Free School" or "Setting Fires" prior to the ROTT tour...he didn't appear on that tour because he wasn't invited back. His replacement on the 2004 tour had taken his spot both on stage and in the studio. Just like he wasn't invited to participate in the 'Refusal' sessions which were...wait for it...recorded in L.A.

Morrissey continues to use Alain as a songwriter because Tobias and Boorer aren't very productive and realistically his better songs are penned by Alain.

Like I said, Alain has said this is the case himself...if you don't believe it, I couldn't really give a rat's ass, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Writing 5 "filler" tracks for "a couple rap and pop acts" (I'm going to assume you meant to say "a couple OF...") may not pay the rent but when the acts in question include Will.I.Am and Rihanna and the music you are writing also includes television scores that changes things a little.

Still, it isn't your fault that you don't understand how royalties and song writing credits work...there are more important things to worry about when you hail from Tampon Florida I'm sure; like figuring out why when the rest of the world is crying out for revolution you're townsfolk are still waiting on evolution.

You have ZERO knowledge (and by knowledge I mean hard facts or personal experience) upon which to base your position...still waiting on that direct quote from Alain.

While you are right in much of what you say in your second paragraph you fail to appreciate that it was absolutely Alains decision not to tour again...for whatever reasons. He also didn't NEED to tour again...he was already very, very comfortable financially as a result of his work with Morrissey over a period of several years and on the back of a worldwide success in the shape of Who Ate Me Curry.

Right now there isn't a single reason why (a) Morrissey wouldn't want the man responsible for penning more hit records for him than anyone else (including J.M) to tour and (b) Alain would want to do it.

You stick to your guns though.

You're doing a fine job.

You are an absolute idiot and hypocrite. You base your whole pointless diatribes on your "truth"...expecting ME to provide legitimacy to my statements (that you'll obviously denounce as fraudulent either way) while you provide nothing but conjecture based solely on your reading of a wikipedia article. You are a joke.

No, I didn't mean to say "a couple OF"...if that was what I wanted to say, I would have said it. My statement was completely proper. Obviously, your grasp on the English language is just as weak as your grasp on reality. You may want to visit a library to study up on contractions...that is if you can find someone from the asylum to chaperone you.

It doesn't matter who he writes songs for...if they aren't being bought, he isn't getting paid...or do you think his royalties grow from a tree in his backyard? When Alain starts writing hit singles for people other than Morrissey, you'll have a point...until then, you don't. The facts remain the same.

Your username is appropriate. You could use one..

dont-tase-me-bro-4.jpg

Man, you guys are crazy funny.
I just read this whole thread, it is like a soap opera. (I have smoked a bowl). Are one of you guys Alain? and just joking?

Man, you guys are crazy funny.
I just read this whole thread, it is like a soap opera. (I have smoked a bowl). Are one of you guys Alain? and just joking?

Reminds me why I keep coming back to these forums. Oh, yeah, that singer whatsisname, too :p

Back
Top Bottom