Morrissey Central "BANKSY STRIKES AGAIN ??" (March 10, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "BANKSY STRIKES AGAIN ??"

0-5_hhzgv5.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Can we all cut out this Corona Virus talk and go with 'Wuhan Flu?' It's got a lot more of a solid karate feel to it, sorta like a move Bruce Lee might pull in an action scene.

He is responsible for a site that posts his won original content. It doesn't mean that he woke up this morning and thought this would be a good idea but he should be aware of what is being done in his name and if he's not or doesn't want to be he can't complain about it.
I think everyone thinks it his nephew and sometimes it's not him either that creates these stupid images but they still get posted on that site and it's weak.
Everyone knows if Morrissey was involved in the art used to promote his records it would be really good, like it used to be.
I don't believe there are any incidents known that indicate he has ever complained about any post on Central being posted in his name being an issue - something that could support the lack of caring/awareness argument.
Similarly, if we can postulate he has no involvement in his cover art (which has zero evidence to support it - only anecdotal 'it used to be better and he was seen to play a bigger role in it previously' - not forgetting he asked Liam Lynch to do the CS cover), then it can be equally plausible that he isn't interested in what Sam does other than when he wants to make statements. If he doesn't acknowledge your 'rule' ('He is responsible...'), then why would it matter to him? It only matters to people viewing his behaviour through the prism of their own expectations of how he should act - like he ever does that!?
I have taken more time than I should have in the past to check the sources of a lot of Central posts and provide information clearer than the uncredited stuff he uses. Lots of it is clearly not Sam and despite that - threads fill up with posts attributing work to him that was never his (and very clearly not so).
I think that acknowledging that Central came from Sam's development of his own site (both hosted on the same platform) and replaced TTY for whatever reason was the start of all this. A daft copyright logo that appears over everything there, misinformation and downright false information, stuff SER thinks appropriate and influenced by some of the 'superfans' he holds court with, his own terrible mockups being replaced by overly eager fans churning them out at a great rate - it's all potentially devaluing the brand and it's obvious to most.
So you have to ask yourself - why?
My speculation is him just not caring anymore despite people's perceived level of responsibility he should display regarding the site.
Regards,
FWD.

I don't believe there are any incidents known that indicate he has ever complained about any post on Central being posted in his name being an issue - something that could support the lack of caring/awareness argument.
Similarly, if we can postulate he has no involvement in his cover art (which has zero evidence to support it - only anecdotal 'it used to be better and he was seen to play a bigger role in it previously' - not forgetting he asked Liam Lynch to do the CS cover), then it can be equally plausible that he isn't interested in what Sam does other than when he wants to make statements. If he doesn't acknowledge your 'rule' ('He is responsible...'), then why would it matter to him? It only matters to people viewing his behaviour through the prism of their own expectations of how he should act - like he ever does that!?
I have taken more time than I should have in the past to check the sources of a lot of Central posts and provide information clearer than the uncredited stuff he uses. Lots of it is clearly not Sam and despite that - threads fill up with posts attributing work to him that was never his (and very clearly not so).
I think that acknowledging that Central came from Sam's development of his own site (both hosted on the same platform) and replaced TTY for whatever reason was the start of all this. A daft copyright logo that appears over everything there, misinformation and downright false information, stuff SER thinks appropriate and influenced by some of the 'superfans' he holds court with, his own terrible mockups being replaced by overly eager fans churning them out at a great rate - it's all potentially devaluing the brand and it's obvious to most.
So you have to ask yourself - why?
My speculation is him just not caring anymore despite people's perceived level of responsibility he should display regarding the site.
Regards,
FWD.
If you had a sight called FamousWhenDead.com and I sat around drinking your vodka and posting on the site who would be responsible? The man in the moon?
I agree that he doesn't care, but that doesn't mean he's not responsible.
As far as expectations of how he should act, I think it's more like expectations of how he would act if he was paying attention or if he cared. Thinking that it's all meaningless is fine but he could stop it and he doesn't. He is the only one who could.
So we agree that he appears not to care, and that he appears not to be directly involved, but we disagree that his responsibility somehow hinges on the expectations of other people. I could never look at that site and wouldn't if it wasn't always posted here, but that wouldn't affect the quality of what is posted there which you seem to agree is not very impressive.
If he doesn't care he shouldn't have a site at all. This sewer would suffice to let people know when he has a new release or whatever might actually help him make a dollar.

He wants to remind us in a roundabout way that he was right about Wet Markets in China.
Adds context to his comment on the Chinese.
Mike Joyce agreed with the comment. "He's right!"
Sars jokes were everywhere a while back. Lighten up on this.
Fierce new album soon!

Any ner do well kid in a violent street gang can tell you who Banksy is.

This isn't SER's handiwork. It's been doing the rounds on the Facebook Smiths/Morrissey groups for weeks along with that 'You Are Are The Quarantined' one. I may be wrong but I think both are the work of that Antony O'Brien. It'll be his life's crowning achievement that this has appeared on Central.

This isn't SER's handiwork. It's been doing the rounds on the Facebook Smiths/Morrissey groups for weeks along with that 'You Are Are The Quarantined' one. I may be wrong but I think both are the work of that Antony O'Brien. It'll be his life's crowning achievement that this has appeared on Central.
ff4fd25f6695be29d849f2118662528d--doctor-alma-matters.jpg

The Quarantined one is Tony's.
This one is an old Cartwright image with text place over it (by?) and a further caption & emoji when shared round the houses (the usual clique including distant relatives). It looks like Central screen shot it via an IG story rather than a saved image.
Regards,
FWD.

The Quarantined one is Tony's.
This one is an old Cartwright image with text place over it (by?) and a further caption & emoji when shared round the houses (the usual clique including distant relatives). It looks like Central screen shot it via an IG story rather than a saved image.
Regards,
FWD.

Got it. At least I was half right!

Is this SER-created? It could just be a found meme. If SER is masquerading this as a found meme then that’s a bit trite mind... I think the Banksky headline is probably click bait in Morrissey’s world.

I believe this was shared by people 'close' to him (or desperately trying to be) and he's shared it too. The bottom emoji caption was added by someone as it's not present on the original.
Unfortunately, considering the actual motivations and who is actually doing what (including the people feeding him the stuff to begin with) won't get any consideration as he's contributed to the confusion himself (and I won't bore you with examples). Then it all gets attributed to Morrissey - despite no evidence of him being fully aware. 'It's his site so he must...' always seems to be the conclusion drawn regardless of any proof.
Regards,
FWD.
You don't think that Morrissey controls every minute detail of his self promotion?
All and every unscrupulous bit of it?
That's all his life consists of.
Getting himself publicity, no matter how tasteless, obnoxious and low
he has to go to get it.
His public image grows uglier with each year,
with each day.

I think some people need to lighten up. Usual suspects quick to jump on a bandwagon.

Anyone watch silicone valley. This reminds me of when they give that shiny multi million dollar tech arm to the monkey and the first thing it does is jerk off with a feces flinging finale. Yeah that scene comes to mind

If anyone using this site sadly loses a loved one to this virus, maybe you should consider wearing a Smiths/Morrissey t shirt to the funeral. Get another attendee to take a picture of you crying at the grave side. Sociopathic Steven will happily upload it to Central.

The inclusion of the laughing smiley makes it like somebody laughing hysterically at their own incredibly unfunny and cringey joke in a very inappropriate setting.

Back
Top Bottom