• Nobody

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Bloody Yanks

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • What is baseball?

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sure, I’m sad the Dodgers lost, but this A’s team, great line up, awesome bullpen, I hope they make the playoffs, they could shock some of the heavy hitters in the AL and all with one of the lowest payrolls in MLB, which I just love about them...

It looks like the Yankees are going to get the wild card in the AL. I was hoping they wouldn't make the post season this year so I wouldn't have to see all the foreigner tourists from Brittin and Yourope wearing their Yankee caps around LA looking for Uncle Steve's house on a star map.

I knew it was gonna be bad not having Jansen to pitch the 9th, but jfc :mad: 4 straight games blown by the bullpen, it’s stupefying :squiffy:

Well, done watching the Dodgers this season, just can’t take anymore of this even though only a game out of first place in their division...

Blikey! That fight between the Moz Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants was top mental! Puig took the bait m8 inn n n n nnn it. Me heard down at the Marquis that Uncle Steve is going to throw his weight around and get Mike Scioscia hired as manager for next season for his beloved LA Dodgers.

Blikey! That fight between the Moz Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants was top mental! Puig took the bait m8 inn n n n nnn it. Me heard down at the Marquis that Uncle Steve is going to throw his weight around and get Mike Scioscia hired as manager for next season for his beloved LA Dodgers.
While I love Iron Mike forever :love: Roberts is doing the best he can with what he’s been given by the idiots that run the club, besides, Mike would never come to manage in an organization where so many on the field decisions are made by front office business men scum. Think of it this way, its like as if Moz were in the studio and the record label came and told him how or what to sing, that’s what Dave Roberts is dealing with and it despicable :censored:

5329A6C5-C1F5-4A47-A8F9-DD4430F768D2.jpeg

and so almost a 3 way tie and why?
Well, number one, this team ain’t as good as last year’s, they leave way too many runners in scoring position o_O
However, they sock a ton of home runs, have flashes of bullpen brilliance, are loaded with guys with defensive skills and oh yeah, every 5th game one of the greatest pitchers to ever live takes the mound for them, Clayton Kershaw :blushing:

Yanks is not a derogatory term.

I reckon the only thing I have learned from So-Low is the amazing similarity still between descendants of British immigrants in the 1700's (Hicks, Hillbillies, Rednecks) to the southern US states like Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee...etc and present day British people in England. People in England always say "I reckon" and use the term "Yank or Yankee" to describe people and so do people from the south. Then they can't wait to get their New York Yankee baseball cap from Uncle Nigel's trip to New York or over pay on E Bay uk. It's insane. Then they idolize this guy (Steve Morrissey) who is more American than baseball, apple pie, and John Wayne combined who lives almost as far away as John Maher (Portland, Oregon) he can from England in LA. That's what keeps me coming back here. The sheer insanity.

I reckon the only thing I have learned from S0-Low is the amazing similarity still between descendants of British immigrants in the 1700's (Hicks, Hillbillies, Rednecks) to the southern US states like Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee...etc and present day British people in England. People in England always say "I reckon" and use the term "Yank or Yankee" to describe people and so do people from the south. Then they can't wait to get their New York Yankee baseball cap from Uncle Nigel's trip to New York or over pay on E Bay uk. It's insane. Then they idolize this guy (Steve Morrissey) who is more American than baseball, apple pie, and John Wayne combined who lives almost as far away as John Maher (Portland, Oregon) he can from England in LA. That's what keeps me coming back here. The sheer insanity.
Ur defo nutso AC, but gosh darn it, I like you, keep coming back :thumb:

I reckon the only thing I have learned from So-Low is the amazing similarity still between descendants of British immigrants in the 1700's (Hicks, Hillbillies, Rednecks) to the southern US states like Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee...etc and present-day British people in England. People in England always say "I reckon" and use the term "Yank or Yankee" to describe people and so do people from the south. Then they can't wait to get their New York Yankee baseball cap from Uncle Nigel's trip to New York or over pay on E Bay UK. It's insane. Then they idolize this guy (Steve Morrissey) who is more American than baseball, apple pie, and John Wayne combined who lives almost as far away as John Maher (Portland, Oregon) he can from England in LA. That's what keeps me coming back here. The sheer insanity.

I understand the term Yank if used in America may be seen differently, then when we use it, but here in the UK Yank is used as you use Brit, Yank has been used here since WW2 when American bases where populated with the same accents that the locals saw on the big screen in the picture houses. The cowboys the gangsters all referred to themselves as Yanks, so it carried over. No one here is ever insulted by Brit I'm surprised to think anyone there would be by Yank it is not generally used as a derogatory term.

As for the returning for the sheer insanity, you do know you come over as one of the biggest lunatics round here, don't you?

I understand the term Yank if used in America may be seen differently, then when we use it, but here in the UK Yank is used as you use Brit, Yank has been used here since WW2 when American bases where populated with the same accents that the locals saw on the big screen in the picture houses. The cowboys the gangsters all referred to themselves as Yanks, so it carried over. No one here is ever insulted by Brit I'm surprised to think anyone there would be by Yank it is not generally used as a derogatory term.

As for the returning for the sheer insanity, you do know you come over as one of the biggest lunatics round here, don't you?
Yank or Yankee isn’t generally offensive and gets used all the time. There is a connotation though that can be derogatory. During the Civil War, soldiers from the North/Union were referred to as Yankees or Yanks. So if someone from the South is saying it and they are pro-Confederacy (slaves & racism,) they might use Yank as a slur.

Yank or Yankee isn’t generally offensive and gets used all the time. There is a connotation though that can be derogatory. During the Civil War, soldiers from the North/Union were referred to as Yankees or Yanks. So if someone from the South is saying it and they are pro-Confederacy (slaves & racism,) they might use Yank as a slur.
Correct, but don’t be calling no white boy from the South “cracker” :cool:

Back
Top Bottom