Basel gig tonight cancelled according to venue site

Re: Basel gig tonight also cancelled

Stop posting anonymously coward.

Because you have your full name on here? Username or not, you are anonymous as well.

Your endless joke about morrissey and Malibu has grown very tired. Get a life.

Re: Basel gig tonight also cancelled. What a f***...

If you have stomach flu you aren't walking around Switzerland snapping photos for Instagram.

The statement did not say the entire band was sick. So maybe the ones that are not sick are out enjoying themselves?

Last edited:
Re: Basel gig tonight also cancelled. What a f***...

The statement did not say the entire band was sick.

If it was the crew, they can be quickly replaced for a few shows. Same if it was Matt or anyone else. Even the Beatles found a stand in for Ringo when he had his tonsils out while they were on tour.

Get ready to not see morrissey.

Get ready to not see morrissey.

You can take your trolling posts, dust them down, turn them sideways, and stick them straight up your candy-ass.

I'm confident that Morrissey will continue His Tour, his beloved Scandinavia dates are also
coming.

So sorry for the people who had tickets for the Lyon and Swiss gigs, hope He reschedules though you can always
get your ticketmoney back...and as lot's have said, we've been all through it, cancelled gigs, keep the faith...

'and they say he's Krank im den Kopf'... Alma Matters...

come on people use your common' flu is going around Europe right now, I bet half of you on here know someone with a cough or the sneezes, it is a shame for those that have tickets and have missed out but the tour continues. regards, Manc Lad

I'm confident that Morrissey will continue His Tour, his beloved Scandinavia dates are also
coming.

So sorry for the people who had tickets for the Lyon and Swiss gigs, hope He reschedules though you can always
get your ticketmoney back...and as lot's have said, we've been all through it, cancelled gigs, keep the faith...

'and they say he's Krank im den Kopf'... Alma Matters...

Aye me too! I've got tickets for London, really hope he makes it there! I'm feeling it's my last chance to see him *fingers crossed*
For everyone who has tickets for the next few shows! Stay safe, enjoy it!

'I only care that the two of us are there'

Tom nailed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you imagine being weak from days of shitting and puking and sweating and fever and TRAVEL, then standing under hot lights being asked to perform in front of screaming people for two hours while still dehydrated and basically feeling hung over? f*** that shit. I'd pass out on stage just to make a point.

Moz has said himself that in recent years he is not fit for touring. He is getting older and although his concerts are relatively short at 1hr 15 mins approx I would say it is the travel and hotel living that is messing him up. The air conditioning on a plane is enough to make anyone sick for days.

As much as I love to see Moz in concert (and I have a ticket for Dublin on Dec 01st if that happens), I would prefer him to take it easy and go into the studio next year and record another great album. Even if he decides not to tour it. I would much prefer a new album that lasts forever than a concert that is over in the blink of an eye. Adrenalin also tends to make the concert a slight blur. If my car was stolen today I would only cry for the 'World Peace deluxe edition' tucked away in the glove box.

Moz has said himself that in recent years he is not fit for touring. He is getting older and although his concerts are relatively short at 1hr 15 mins approx I would say it is the travel and hotel living that is messing him up. The air conditioning on a plane is enough to make anyone sick for days.

As much as I love to see Moz in concert (and I have a ticket for Dublin on Dec 01st if that happens), I would prefer him to take it easy and go into the studio next year and record another great album. Even if he decides not to tour it. I would much prefer a new album that lasts forever than a concert that is over in the blink of an eye. Adrenalin also tends to make the concert a slight blur. If my car was stolen today I would only cry for the 'World Peace deluxe edition' tucked away in the glove box.

Even if you are in five star hotels and first class, traveling is hard on the body. But I don't think he likes being off the road for long periods of time. He said himself he would rather die on stage than on his couch and I think that will be the case some day.

Lincoln Theater in DC just announced that Jerry Lewis is coming early next year for a performance, if this man can still get out there and perform before a paying audience anybody else who uses age or sickness as an excuse to bail on shows deserves whatever grief they get.

Tru 2 form Statement

Metal Peru Rodney !

It is with greater sadness than last time and the time before that, that I cannot find silly words sad enough to express my heartfelt sorrow and ring pain at the situation we the touring party find ourselves in at the present time. I was really looking forward to Lion, Lasagne and Basil but once again the wheel has fallen off the covered wagon and I find it is left once again to me to explain. It seems that fatty has been pie smuggling and ate a dodgy re-heated one even though the contract says its a meat free tour and all bananas will be supplied, he was put in quarantine kept nil by mouth for twenty four hours and made a remarkable recovery, however the next morning I awoke to find my luxury suite looking like David Charlton's dirty protest cell at H M Strangeways prison and this state remains to the present. I shall try my best to honour November the 5 th by putting another spare wheel on the covered wagon but if I don't may be its best for all concerned if you throw me on a bonfire or otherwise find me in a covered ditch.
I would also like to thank Benny-the-British-Butcher for his made up sicklists that accompany my cancellations they really keep my spirits up and I sing them out loud on the Crapper.
Woe and a woe and another woe and f*** Harvest while I'm at it.
I will see you in far off places or ! Next year on another tour in another part of of earth is the loneliest planet.

TOSSERREY

It's not normal to have all these cancellations. He should get on the phone to Roger Daltrey or Mick Jagger and ask them how at age 70 plus how they stay healthy on the road.

On the venue's site you can find this:

Statement von Morrissey: „I regret to have to cancel Basel tonight but my band and touring party have come down with the flu. Sincere apologies to everyone. Our shows will recommence in Hannover, Germany this Wednesday, November 5th.“

http://www.baloisesession.ch/

Either Morrissey lies, (Moffat lies), or he's genuinely healthy and it's the crew and band who are ill. Fab news anyhow, get the show on the road once again! London awaits! Enjoy the tour everybody!

Leonard Cohen was in his 70's and he managed two world tours, no dates cancelled and played for over two hrs each night. Nick Cave is two years older than Morrisneezy and he manages to tour, throw his arms about, and not cancel dates. Morrissey is not a f***ing geriatric … just a lazy arse who cancels dates when he doesn't feel it, or when someone five miles away sneezes. And "Touring Party" … WTF … has he finally become a Victorian Lady doing the 'Grand Tour'. Give me a break.

It's not normal to have all these cancellations. He should get on the phone to Roger Daltrey or Mick Jagger and ask them how at age 70 plus how they stay healthy on the road.

But Morrissey is sickly. He had two major health problems last year, and as far as I know Jagger hasn't.

I think its pretty obvious at this point that Morrissey has some serious health problems, and try as he might he's not going to be able to make through a big tour like this anymore. I think people should stop taking it so personally that he cancels shows. Do you really think when he plans a big tour with a lot of money as well as his reputation on the line he thinks to himself, can't wait till I get to Switzerland so I can cancel those dates and f*** a lot of people over?

I've been cancelled on over 30 times now and I still go to the shows. Jesus have some compassion for the man.

I think its pretty obvious at this point that Morrissey has some serious health problems, and try as he might he's not going to be able to make through a big tour like this anymore. I think people should stop taking it so personally that he cancels shows. Do you really think when he plans a big tour with a lot of money as well as his reputation on the line he thinks to himself, can't wait till I get to Switzerland so I can cancel those dates and f*** a lot of people over?

I've been cancelled on over 30 times now and I still go to the shows. Jesus have some compassion for the man.

Exactly. He wouldn't book all of these dates if he didn't have the intention to play them. If he cancelled dates because he doesn't like the country(which has been proven wrong since he lives near Lausanne) or the weather, he wouldn't have booked them there in the first place.

I can imagine how upset he is when he has to cancel. I don't think this is the same as him in 1984 not wanting to get on the airplane for no good reason. It's clear he has health issues, which is sad because he's young. The band know this and let him blame them for the cancelations, because they love their boss.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom