Morrissey Central "Being Dead Changes You" by Morrissey (April 22, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "Being Dead Changes You" - April 22, 2020

images_wftses.jpg

"Genesis P-Orridge was born in Manchester but wasn't ever a part of the Manchester scene. A few weeks ago he died at the age of 70, although, to his credit, he looked more like a very well preserved 365-year old - which was nice. He was a multifarious non-musician who never lost his strangeness, and who was viciously attacked by the British tabloids because he (perhaps like they) enjoyed 'indecent' books. His albums with Throbbing Gristle have an overdeveloped erotic sensitivity, all of which he made appear to be, in fact, quite nice. He gave without reservation, making music at 19 years old until his recent days as a nightmare teenager of 70.
Since none of his emotions were manufactured he was therefore never of interest to the power arms of the music industry. His singing voice, it's quite true, could behead roses, and his musicians often made the mistake of confusing chemicals with creativity. And it was all quite nice. Genesis P-Orridge had an extra eye (artistically so) - and your mocking laughter soon dissolved into a magnetic attraction for someone of wide culture and colossal memory.
Obviously he saw our chosen obedient way of living as a sterile hell (for who wouldn't?), and his concept of talent utilized almost anything as a possible musical instrument : whatever you need to save you is right there within you. This, also, was quite nice. Eventually he became the women he loved. Genesis became trans-Something - as if his body would now duplicate precisely what it desired in others. Often this made him look as if in the 10th month of a strenuous pregnancy, but it didn't matter very much. He had the ability to make everything seem alright, and perhaps without realizing it himself, he was very nice. After all, why remain as a fixed image … from forceps to funeral?"

Morrissey, 22 April 2020

Regards,
FWD.

Let's airbrush out all the violence and sexual assault, shall we? Brush it aside like you did with Kevin Spacey

Just a reminder:Kevin Spacey has not been found guilty of ANY sexual crimes.
As a scientist, I thought facts would matter to you but clearly not.

I was reading that Genesis managed to get hounded out of the UK by the tabloids & the police in 1992 for Satanic ritual child abuse (he wasn't guilty).

So Moz still has something to aspire to.

"...and his concept of talent utilized almost anything as a possible musical instrument"
It's interestin' cause a old timer told me one time that music ain't nothin' but a pitch and tone.
It makes a certain sound and the sound lasts for a certain amount of time.
Genesis seemed like he was takin' his music right back to the beginnin' and then buildin'
it back up in a manner that he best saw fit.

Interesting that Moz chooses to refer to the subject as "he" even though Genesis P-Orridge stated a preference for "they/their". I guess Morrissey doesn't fully embrace the idea of self-defined pronouns.

Oh, WOW.... probably my favourite singer writing about my favourite singer.
This short article is probably the best one I have read here!

I never suspeted that Morrissey had any interest in GPO... but this is truly adorable and amazing.

Interesting that Moz chooses to refer to the subject as "he" even though Genesis P-Orridge stated a preference for "they/their". I guess Morrissey doesn't fully embrace the idea of self-defined pronouns.

I think Genesis opted for s/he in the end. But yeah, Moz has come down on the 'do as you please but let others say what they see' side.

That'll be the winning side then. He's Cassandra.

I think Genesis opted for s/he in the end. But yeah, Moz has come down on the 'do as you please but let others say what they see' side.

That'll be the winning side then. He's Cassandra.
Has he addressed this issue elsewhere? If so, I missed it.

You and I
You and I
Living together
Loving forever
At our distance
Another for instance
United United
You become me
And I becomy you
She is she
And she is you too
United United
A corresponding game to play
A special way for us to stay
United United
Its a lie
Its the same
It's a sigh
It's a game
Its the why
Its the where and the when we're United
United
You and I You and I
United United
Four faces blending blending blending
Neverending
Our places sending
Shades of evening
You and I You and I United United
Oceans between us
Sky between us
Land between us
Fire between us
We're United United
Can't stop it
United United
You are my Knight
You are my night-night my evening
Its very plain to say
Its a strange system
You miss them
You want to be them
You have to see them
You have to be them…

Morrissey? Sort of. He talked a lot about gender in the 80s - then he told a radio station (I think it was a radio station?) that he was gender fluid a couple of years ago, but he didn't say a thing about pronouns.

Pete Burns said Moz was a transsexual who hadn't transitioned yet, but then he used to pretend he'd had Marianne Faithfull's childhood... so...

Genesis became trans-Something - as if his body would now duplicate precisely what it desired in others. Often this made him look as if in the 10th month of a strenuous pregnancy...

That 'trans-something' and his negative joke about pregnancy is utterly disgusting. Again, not measuring his words. Any transgender person and woman should be offended. An he called himself in the past a feminist? And he likes to presume of being intelligent and cultivated? No really! He sounds like an old fashion grumpy countryside bigot! Not surprised though!
words.jpg

just like Morrissey, Gen was ....

NOT a dog on a chain.

:cool:

"Ov power, Ov power
Ov power, Ov power
Dog power. Dog power
Be relased
Seeds released
The secret in a cell
The freedom of its spell
Dog trainer
Ov rainer
Can you see the dog?
Can you feed the fog?
My son the dog
My sun the dog"

True! This article is absolutely unexpected.... but amazing!

Genesis became trans-Something - as if his body would now duplicate precisely what it desired in others. Often this made him look as if in the 10th month of a strenuous pregnancy...

That 'trans-something' and his negative joke about pregnancy is utterly disgusting. Again, not measuring his words. Any transgender person and woman should be offended. An he called himself in the past a feminist? And he likes to presume of being intelligent and cultivated? No really! He sounds like an old fashion grumpy countryside bigot! Not surprised though!
View attachment 56073

Subhuman, subhuman!

I see you crawling
I see you crawling

Subhuman, subhuman!

I see you crawling
I see you crawling

In the gutter
In the gutter

Subhuman, subhuman

You're like a virus in my body
Subhuman, subhuman

Subhuman, subhuman

You're like a virus in my body

Subhuman, subhuman

Subhuman, subhuman
Drinking dirty water, to make you clean
Subhuman, subhuman

Subhuman, subhuman
Subhuman, subhuman

You make me dizzy with your disease
I want to smash you and be at ease

Subhuman
Subhuman
Subhuman
Subhuman

:cool:

View attachment 56073

Morrissey is part of that community & has been since the 70s.

Genesis started his gender transition by 'mirroring' his partner, using 'we' & becoming 'a third person'. So 'something' suits what they were trying to achieve.

It was second wave feminism he was interested in & that's currently a war zone.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom