Morrissey Central "Being Dead Changes You" by Morrissey (April 22, 2020)

Morrissey Central: "Being Dead Changes You" - April 22, 2020

images_wftses.jpg

"Genesis P-Orridge was born in Manchester but wasn't ever a part of the Manchester scene. A few weeks ago he died at the age of 70, although, to his credit, he looked more like a very well preserved 365-year old - which was nice. He was a multifarious non-musician who never lost his strangeness, and who was viciously attacked by the British tabloids because he (perhaps like they) enjoyed 'indecent' books. His albums with Throbbing Gristle have an overdeveloped erotic sensitivity, all of which he made appear to be, in fact, quite nice. He gave without reservation, making music at 19 years old until his recent days as a nightmare teenager of 70.
Since none of his emotions were manufactured he was therefore never of interest to the power arms of the music industry. His singing voice, it's quite true, could behead roses, and his musicians often made the mistake of confusing chemicals with creativity. And it was all quite nice. Genesis P-Orridge had an extra eye (artistically so) - and your mocking laughter soon dissolved into a magnetic attraction for someone of wide culture and colossal memory.
Obviously he saw our chosen obedient way of living as a sterile hell (for who wouldn't?), and his concept of talent utilized almost anything as a possible musical instrument : whatever you need to save you is right there within you. This, also, was quite nice. Eventually he became the women he loved. Genesis became trans-Something - as if his body would now duplicate precisely what it desired in others. Often this made him look as if in the 10th month of a strenuous pregnancy, but it didn't matter very much. He had the ability to make everything seem alright, and perhaps without realizing it himself, he was very nice. After all, why remain as a fixed image … from forceps to funeral?"

Morrissey, 22 April 2020

Regards,
FWD.

Morrissey is part of that community & has been since the 70s.

Genesis started his gender transition by 'mirroring' his partner, using 'we' & becoming 'a third person'. So 'something' suits what they were trying to achieve.

It was second wave feminism he was interested in & that's currently a war zone.

What "community" do you mean? The trans community? The feminist community? The queer community?

LGBT (& all the other names they have for it).
I know that he has been supportive of folks who are part of that community, and I know that Morrissey's sexual desire is clearly same-sex, but I don't believe Morrissey likes to be considered part of any community other than "British". He is still resistant to calling himself gay to this day...

I know that he has been supportive of folks who are part of that community, and I know that Morrissey's sexual desire is clearly same-sex, but I don't believe Morrissey likes to be considered part of any community other than "British". He is still resistant to calling himself gay to this day...

He’s a part of and apart from at the same time.

:tiphat:

From what I know he's been quietly around the scene since always. Needs must. Where else are you going to find a boyfriend? Or Drag Queens?

Genesis became trans-Something - as if his body would now duplicate precisely what it desired in others. Often this made him look as if in the 10th month of a strenuous pregnancy...

That 'trans-something' and his negative joke about pregnancy is utterly disgusting. Again, not measuring his words. Any transgender person and woman should be offended. An he called himself in the past a feminist? And he likes to presume of being intelligent and cultivated? No really! He sounds like an old fashion grumpy countryside bigot! Not surprised though!
View attachment 56073

Meanwhile............back on planet earth!

He’s a part of and apart from at the same time.

From what I know he's been quietly around the scene since always. Needs must. Where else are you going to find a boyfriend? Or Drag Queens?

To me Morrissey's "having both" sometimes seems like being gay and homophobic at the same time, feminist and misogynist at the same time, and anti-racist and racist at the same time.

Skinny - if you want artists to be morally upright go and post on the Aled Jones fansite. I believe he's in the market for a crazed loon like yourself.

What a great obituary from Moz. I saw Psychic TV at the Royal Festival Hall in 1999. Supported by the Master Musicians of Jajouka. Great show.

Just a reminder:Kevin Spacey has not been found guilty of ANY sexual crimes.
As a scientist, I thought facts would matter to you but clearly not.
Though 3 of Spacey's accusers have died since last year and a fourth has withdrawn his case. Coincidence? His name is also on Epsteins flight log. Morrissey should not defend the indefensible.

To me Morrissey's "having both" sometimes seems like being gay and homophobic at the same time, feminist and misogynist at the same time, and anti-racist and racist at the same time.

I thought it was more about wanting to be able to say/do what you feel without society making you feel that you're not allowed. Unless it's something terrible, which is where the tension comes in. Is the desire right, or is morality right?

I was reading that Genesis managed to get hounded out of the UK by the tabloids & the police in 1992 for Satanic ritual child abuse
Really? Wow. I always did think Phil Collins looked a bit shifty.

I thought it was more about wanting to be able to say/do what you feel without society making you feel that you're not allowed. Unless it's something terrible, which is where the tension comes in. Is the desire right, or is morality right?

I mostly stopped hanging out at Moz Solo because it had been taking over by trolls, but you seem like a thoughtful person! Yes, I think you are right. However, with Moz, the "terrible" has been outweighing the other more and more. He no longer has the guts to be gentle and kind toward anything except animals.

I mostly stopped hanging out at Moz Solo because it had been taking over by trolls, but you seem like a thoughtful person! Yes, I think you are right. However, with Moz, the "terrible" has been outweighing the other more and more. He no longer has the guts to be gentle and kind toward anything except animals.

Trolls, yes.

But I honestly don't think Moz has turned into an awful person. I think he's just trying to fight a media war he can't win & has got annoyed by some liberal double standards.

Good god, I can’t wait to get back in my social club, to be stood at the bar ordering a pint whilst scratching my balls.....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom