Best Cover Version of the Year 2008 by non-professional

Best Cover Version of the Year 2008 by non-professional

• Andybroon: The Headmaster Ritual

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kewpie

Subscriber
This year I noticed some people start posting their cover versions to the forum.
It's very interesting to see their effort.

Unfortunately some of them were removed from youtube or the links have been expired.
Sincere apologies if I missed your effort this year, but please do not being discouraged by my ignorance. :o

It was hard to select from Franissey and Uncleskinny's cover versions because they gave me an inspiration to add this to annual polls.

Poll will close 14th December.

Andybroon: The Headmaster Ritual

Franissey: I'm Not Sorry

Franissey: Let Me Kiss You

Erin Merle: Reel Around The Fountain

Uncleskinny: Yes, I'm Blind

Uncleskinny & King Leer: Used To Be A Sweet Boy

Uncleskinny: Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want

Yellow Bentine: Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before

Thank you very much for taking time to vote. :)

Last edited:
Ok, so I voted for myself even though Erin Merle's cover is better. :o:p:rolleyes::guitar:

Last edited:
I love Uncle Skinny and King Leer's covers, too. Tough choice. But Franissey's I'm Not Sorry is breathtaking.

Looking forward to seeing/hearing even more in the future, y'all.

Wow I've only just come across this!

Brilliant. Impressed by the professionalism. I though it was just going to be some silly sods wailing along over the original.

I propose someone starts a silly sods' category though. I'd enter.

Erin Merle is beautiful but I don't like her version.

I can't believe US's version of WDYFOFY is not here.

I would register a 1000 accounts and vote for it but I'd probably get outvoted by new accounts from George Bush, Captain Kangaroo, Mario Andretti, Sarah Palin, Hugh Laurie and a slew of others.
:/

Fran's version of Let Me Kiss You is just so beautiful, it deserves more votes.

I'd vote for Uncle Skinny's Teenage Dad on his estate ... but it doesn't appear to be an option.

I'd vote for Uncle Skinny's Teenage Dad on his estate ... but it doesn't appear to be an option.

You still have three options for Uncleskinny.
Take your time, listen them again and choose one to vote. :)

Erin Merle is way way way SO much better than all the rest.

To quote Uncle Skinny:
"I think there are some songs that should not be touched and cheapened by shit television shows."

On the button,there are some perfect pop records such as "Please Please..." that should not be touched and cheapened by shit Morrissey Fan cover versions.

Well, it was a tough poll (though not too many votes), and congratulations to Erin Merle for her superb rendition.:)

Peter

Fran was robbed. :p

Well, I actually got 12 votes. :D:rolleyes::guitar::cool:

Back
Top Bottom