Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Lover-To-Be

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Brow of my Beloved

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters
Yes, at this point Bobby is a ‘single’ on streaming services only, too.

True, but the difference is that both Morrissey and Thelma Houston have named it as the lead single of the upcoming album.

In my opinion this list shows how low the bar has fallen, however out of of that list, Spent the day in bed is my favourite and my daughter loves My love, I'd do anything for you.

IMPOSSIBLE TO PICK A SINGLE SONG!!!:rock:

ALL ARE LITTLE NUGGETS OF MUSICAL 24 CARAT DIAMONDS:thumb:
:gemstone::gemstone::gemstone::gemstone:

COMPARE ANY WITH THE CATERWAULING COMING FROM LE PEW AND HIS ILK.:censored:
not to even bring up that awful incoherent jumping up and down for no reason computer chip music
by that chucker group NO.:censored:

In my opinion this list shows how low the bar has fallen, however out of of that list, Spent the day in bed is my favourite and my daughter loves My love, I'd do anything for you.
Yes, Spent is obviously the clear winner, with Chain Gang and Bobby battling for 2nd place so far. For me also the best 3 singles on here I think, although I also like I Wish You Lonely, My Love and Jackie a lot.

About the bar having fallen I don’t really agree. In any given period Moz released poor singles. Just remember Roy’s Keen, Dagenham Dave, Redondo Beach, Satellite of Love, Certain People I Know, Pregnant for the Last Time etc.

Yes, Spent is obviously the clear winner, with Chain Gang and Bobby battling for 2nd place so far. For me also the best 3 singles on here I think, although I also like I Wish You Lonely, My Love and Jackie a lot.

About the bar having fallen I don’t really agree. In any given period Moz released poor singles. Just remember Roy’s Keen, Dagenham Dave, Redondo Beach, Satellite of Love, Certain People I Know, Pregnant for the Last Time etc.

Spent currently at No.1 surprises me tbf (not my choice), but then again it was prob more of a single/radio play than the others if you think in chart-music terms....& not forgetting Moz isn't really a chart-dude, is he?
I think he just throws a snippet of commercial nonsense out now & again to satisfy the record co requirements, but in the main, he goes for the deeper thinker.

He had some sporadically iffy tunes, now he’s consistently shit. You’ve just named 6 iffy songs that span from 1991 to 2009. Whereas all 12 in this list from the last 5 years are awful.

He had some sporadically iffy tunes, now he’s consistently shit. You’ve just named 6 iffy songs that span from 1991 to 2009. Whereas all 12 in this list from the last 5 years are awful.
You're being unnecessarily harsh again, there's really not much wrong with most of these tunes. How a Moz-fan of old cannot enjoy a song like Back on the Chain Gang, which clearly harks back to the old days, is beyond me. But each to their own. I admire your patience with Moz if you truly loathe all he releases. I would have found me another artist to follow long, long ago.

Not wishing to hijack the thread (sorry Thewlis), but just out of genuine interest OB, what would be your top 10 Moz tracks of all time?
I know it's tough to condense to just 10, as there are just so many, but I'd be interested.

The sound of this record and the f***ing lyrics!

I also voted for this. I really dig Brow Of My Beloved as a second choice, whether it was a single or not.

Not wishing to hijack the thread (sorry Thewlis), but just out of genuine interest OB, what would be your top 10 Moz tracks of all time?
I know it's tough to condense to just 10, as there are just so many, but I'd be interested.

hows about just pick eveything off viva hate. (I might skip Angel, down we go & dial a cliche, but the rest is masterful.
Alsatian cousin, break up the family, maudlin Street, then you’ve got underrated tracks like Bengali, little man, Margaret...ain’t even mentioned Sunday & Suedehead yet, and those two are hall of fame tunes.

you could easily make a list of top 50 Moz tracks from his pre- 2014 stuff! And they’d all be as strong as the next. Whereas you’d struggle to name a top 5 from his last 3 albums.

... some more...
Interesting drug,
November
Playboys
Lifeguard on duty
Happy lovers
Will never marry
Such a little thing
Disappointed
Sister I’m a poet

.... that’s even before ive got to YA, Vauxhall, Southpaw, Ringleader,

we’ll let you know, National front, seasick, heart is full, speedway, sweet boy, ignore me, Jack the Ripper, southpaw, do your best, payroll, Sunny, swallow, trouble, wide to receive, can’t be arsed going on... but mate morrisseys had so many great tunes, and nothing he’s released post ‘14 even comes close to anything I’ve just mentioned.

hows about just pick eveything off viva hate. (I might skip Angel, down we go & dial a cliche, but the rest is masterful.
Alsatian cousin, break up the family, maudlin Street, then you’ve got underrated tracks like Bengali, little man, Margaret...ain’t even mentioned Sunday & Suedehead yet, and those two are hall of fame tunes.

you could easily make a list of top 50 Moz tracks from his pre- 2014 stuff! And they’d all be as strong as the next. Whereas you’d struggle to name a top 5 from his last 3 albums.

... some more...
Interesting drug,
November
Playboys
Lifeguard on duty
Happy lovers
Will never marry
Such a little thing
Disappointed
Sister I’m a poet

.... that’s even before ive got to YA, Vauxhall, Southpaw, Ringleader,

we’ll let you know, National front, seasick, heart is full, speedway, sweet boy, ignore me, Jack the Ripper, southpaw, do your best, payroll, Sunny, swallow, trouble, wide to receive, can’t be arsed going on... but mate morrisseys had so many great tunes, and nothing he’s released post ‘14 even comes close to anything I’ve just mentioned.

I said top 10 tracks, & I said it wasn't going to be easy...you need to cut it down.
Here you're just thinking out loud.

Personally a top-10 songs would be nigh impossible for me. Top 50, yes, maybe. So many, many great songs to choose from!

Personally a top-10 songs would be nigh impossible for me. Top 50, yes, maybe. So many, many great songs to choose from!

Yes I know, it would be the same for us all, so this is where the real challenge is, no?
I think we need a new separate thread, unless this kinda thing has been done before...which I suspect might be the case.
I think what makes it so hard is:

• there are so many tracks anyway
  • there are so many excellent tracks
  • there are so many B-sides which are as good if not better than A-sides
  • you'd have to list all the tracks that you're aware of
  • you'd then have to listen to them all again
  • then you'd have to just pick TEN
  • then, a week or so later, you'd probably make changes

Yes I know, it would be the same for us all, so this is where the real challenge is, no?
I think we need a new separate thread, unless this kinda thing has been done before...which I suspect might be the case.

it’s been done to death and it’s tedious as f***. You can’t boil 30yrs worth of meaningful music into a list of ten. I’d like to hear yours tho

We did this about a decade ago, with all the songs released at the time.
With these reults: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/the-moz-smiths-top-100-final-results.83646/
I think it was updated up until 2014, but not since.

Back
Top Bottom