Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Lover-To-Be

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Brow of my Beloved

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?

Votes: 13 22.8%

• Total voters
Man, compared even to the previous decade that's a pretty dismal list to look at for me. I ended up voting "Chain Gang" because I did like the energy of that recording.

Technically, Brow Of My Beloved was the B-side of Wedding Bell Blues.

Wow. That is a horrible list. Bobby is still prob the best tho, even tho I’ve panned it. Gave it a couple of listens tonight and it’s got a bit of umph and energy. The rest are dour, boring and instantly forgettable. I wish there was a way to erase all 12 from Mozzas discography tbh. I mean 12 stinkers on the trott is very sad. There’s gonna come a point where those tacky crooner tracks are all he’s remembered for.

EILS, Suedehead, Now My Heart Is Full, Trouble Loves me, Sunny, etc. there a massive distant memory now :(

Wow. That is a horrible list. Bobby is still prob the best tho, even tho I’ve panned it. Gave it a couple of listens tonight and it’s got a bit of umph and energy. The rest are dour, boring and instantly forgettable. I wish there was a way to erase all 12 from Mozzas discography tbh. I mean 12 stinkers on the trott is very sad. There’s gonna come a point where those tacky crooner tracks are all he’s remembered for.

EILS, Suedehead, Now My Heart Is Full, Trouble Loves me, Sunny, etc. there a massive distant memory now :(

just looking at that list, and you’re right, Sunday, Sunny, Alma, Playboys, even YHKM are a long, long time ago. That list above is a rotten collection of songs. Dog on a bastard lead is primed to be as mundane as CS, Low in High Skool and World Peace. Sad.

Spent the day was pretty cool but I also love brow of my beloved. It’s a lot of fun to sing

just looking at that list, and you’re right, Sunday, Sunny, Alma, Playboys, even YHKM are a long, long time ago. That list above is a rotten collection of songs. Dog on a bastard lead is primed to be as mundane as CS, Low in High Skool and World Peace. Sad.

even his string of singles in 5 year period from ‘04-‘09 are looking like classics now.

Irish blood
First of the gang
Let me kiss you
Forgiven Jesus
You have killed me
Youngest was the most loved
In the future when all’s well
Boy happy
That’s how people grow up
All you need is me
Arms around Paris
Something is squeezing my skull

Funny how some see the past through rose-tinted glasses only. Plenty of underwhelming singles in the past, too. Of these 12 I’m not too keen on All the Young People, Brow or Lover-To-Be. The others I all quite like, esp the first four on the list and Back on the Chain Gang and Bobby. Voted for Chain Gang in the end, ironically a song that harks back the most to the Morrissey of the past. But a wonderful cover that just suits Moz so well.

If Brow of My Beloved is considered a single then I Thought You Were Dead should be considered a single...and if it is a single, then that one.

If Brow of My Beloved is considered a single then I Thought You Were Dead should be considered a single...and if it is a single, then that one.
To me that’s a b-side, but yes, that would be my fave too. Indeed it becomes harder to tell what a single is and what merely an album-teaser.
Technically It’s Over is only a single now, even if it also was the first one off CS.

Brow Of My Beloved and I Thought You Were Dead were literally flipsides of the respective vinyl singles, so they are B-sides even though they were released as "singles" on steaming services etc...

Back
Top Bottom