Best morrissey song for heartbreak

Scarlet1987

The sanest days are mad
Which one would you listen to?

exitus ~ "Asleep"
vita ~ "I'd Love To"

last night i dreamt that somebody loved me

Last edited:
Depends if you're looking to sustain the feeling of heartbreak (we humans are masochistic little buggers) or put it to rest or, for that matter, to rail against it...

oh if last night is too heavy i suggest you just havent earned it yet baby

or

You Should Have Been Nice to Me,
now i am a was,,
The Edges Are No Longer Parallel
the operation("sad to say i once was in love with you")
let the right one slip in("let the wrong ones go")
well i wonder
whatever happens i love you
come back to camden

Last edited:
I want the one I can't have.

Fab replies everybody

I always find late night maudlin street a good one. When he says ''I hope you're singing now'' it always sounds frightfully upsetting.

Two lovers entwined pass me by
And heaven knows I'm miserable now
I was looking for a job, and then I found a job
And heaven knows I'm miserable now

Whatever Happens, I Love You?

Surely? It just... It just has to be. Innit.

Fab replies everybody

I always find late night maudlin street a good one. When he says ''I hope you're singing now'' it always sounds frightfully upsetting.

That part, lately, always makes me cry...as I sing it.

How very strange. Not only was I going to recommend this one, but I heard those exact lyrics as I read them. It's a Morrissey song that is wonderfully ambiguous, and I think moving house could mean anything, like moving apart, and your final night when you knew you had to leave.

But there's a brilliant Smiths song, from their debut album. The prophetic way that Morrissey asserts "there's something against us - it's not time". That made me think about how unavoidable and fatalistic the breakup was...

How very strange. Not only was I going to recommend this one, but I heard those exact lyrics as I read them. It's a Morrissey song that is wonderfully ambiguous, and I think moving house could mean anything, like moving apart, and your final night when you knew you had to leave.

But there's a brilliant Smiths song, from their debut album. The prophetic way that Morrissey asserts "there's something against us - it's not time". That made me think about how unavoidable and fatalistic the breakup was...

True and also the most ironic song from The Smiths debute album is "I Don't Owe You Anything" because that wasn't what Mike Joyce was thinking all the way through The Smiths! I think Mike Joyce was thinking that Morrissey owed him quite a few quid after The Smiths broke up! Sorry to mention it, but it made me laugh this morning and I thought I'd share it!

Back
Top Bottom