Best songwriter: Morrissey or Bob Dylan

Who is the best songwriter? Morrissey or Bob Dylan

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

I know! Bob Dylan is the best songwriter. But, you know, some only listen to Morrissey.

Anyway! Make your choice!

Wish there was an option for, "Dylan's songwriting ability is irrelevant to me because his voice makes me want to drive rusty nails into my brain".

Two widely different songwriters, but I went with Moz. Dylan is too abstract, too uneven and a bit samey. Moz’ lyrics speak to me, his melodies are stronger and his palette is bigger. That said, I have nothing but respect for Dylan. Truly one of the most influential songwriters of all time. In terms of being influential, he’s up there with Elvis, Beatles and Bowie.

Two widely different songwriters, but I went with Moz. Dylan is too abstract, too uneven and a bit samey. Moz’ lyrics speak to me, his melodies are stronger and his palette is bigger. That said, I have nothing but respect for Dylan. Truly one of the most influential songwriters of all time. In terms of being influential, he’s up there with Elvis, Beatles and Bowie.

Well, Morrissey didn't cover Morrissey on California Son. He covered Dylan. Others too. But Dylan!!!

You have to be American to truly appreciate Dylan

Dylan. Truly one of the most influential songwriters of all time. In terms of being influential, he’s up there with Elvis, Beatles and Bowie.

I think Dylan’s up there with Morrissey too.

:)

Folks - Dylan writes words, music and plays instruments. He is a songwriter.
Morrissey has never written a song in his life. He is a word writer and a singer.
Who is the best songwriter of the two?
It's a stupid question - Dylan is the only songwriter of the two!

Dylan writes songs on his own without help, which has to count in his favour.

Dylan writes songs on his own without help, which has to count in his favour.

If the contest is about who writes better tunes, then the winner would be Dylan... though any 15 years old kid with a garage band would win if he writes the tunes of his songs.

If it's the lyrics, I prefer Morrissey.

If it's the interpretation... I don't really like it when Dylan sings.

Anyway... art is not a competition. Though I voted for Morrissey anyway. May he win the contest.

(other than that, I don't find most of the music that Morrissey has in his albums, and I include The Smiths, as something too interesting actually... but it's just like Leonard Cohen... I adore what he did, I would not want to listen to instrumental versions of his songs... It's only his voice what makes them relevant, the tunes, they simply go along with the voice... same thing for a lot of singers!).

"When singers and actors including Bob Dylan, Mahalia Jackson, Lena Horne, Sidney Poitier and Burt Lancaster assembled in Washington, D.C., on August 28, 1963, they undoubtedly knew they were part of an historic event, but they might not have realized how far-reaching Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech would become."

I reckon you have to be American and really from So-Cal to truly appreciate the California Son m8 sod c*** tit tossey chipper curry northern base lives in hotels inn nn nn nnnn n nnn n nnn nn nnn nn n it.

Back
Top Bottom