Bet we can guess your sign

Iona Mink

Despitemybetterjudgement
Let me preface this thread by saying I don't believe in star signs. I'll admit to reading them if I happen to come across them but for strictly entertainment purposes only.

So in that frame of mind I started reading the characteristics of a friend of mine according to their star sign. In doing so I happened to learn that some very unusual behaviour I noted was apparently a common trait amongst his sign.

This got me to thinking, I don't think I am like my star sign at all. In order to prove to myself the hocus pocus nature of it all I went looking for a quiz that might take a stab at my sign based on my personality traits.

I came across this.

http://www.astrology.com/bet-we-can-guess-your-sign/2-q-363148

Much to my chagrin, it guessed my star sign correctly.

I still don't believe in astrology but I was both somewhat amused and annoyed that it managed to call me out.

What about you? Is it accurate for your sign?

Whoa, did not think it would guess it at all. But it did.

13547775174_8f2093b97b.jpg

"You get to question nineteen out of twenty and the "next" button doesn't work however many times you refresh the page. Do you...?"

Apparently I'm a very, very typical example of my star sign to those who study such things.

It said I was a Taurus. I'm a Sag.

Unsurprisingly, it is looking more and more like a lucky guess for me and RB.

- - - Updated - - -

"You get to question nineteen out of twenty and the "next" button doesn't work however many times you refresh the page. Do you...?"

Apparently I'm a very, very typical example of my star sign to those who study such things.

Oh no! How frustrating.

Always thought the Forer effect neatly explained the appeal of astrology. The test in question had me wrongly pegged as a Gemini whereas I'm born in the Capricorn period

Always thought the Forer effect neatly explained the appeal of astrology. The test in question had me wrongly pegged as a Gemini whereas I'm born in the Capricorn period

I would agree with that. That's why I found the reverse engineering of this test interesting enough.

Unsurprisingly, it is looking more and more like a lucky guess for me and RB.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a Virgo, so I have suppressed my fury until I release it randomly in three months time.

Last edited:
I don't really think about star signs. Had some time to kill so I tried it. Unfortunately, it incorrectly branded me a Pisces.

I got Aries, but that is not mine

Said I was a Taurus......I'm a LEO.

Great, now I'll be up all night staring at the ceiling asking myself what that means......

Something tell me to go ahead and place the bet. :squiffy:

sag_zpsd9d23151.png

it's right in my case :straightface:

oh and just to make things even weirder, my family is filled with women whose star sign is "Cancer"
my father, both grandfathers, and many of my closest friends have all been "Virgos"
and last but not least, I have dated my fair share of "Libras"

-not that any of that has any meaning of course :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom