"Bigmouth strikes again and again: why Morrissey fans feel so betrayed" by Tim Jonze - The Guardian

Another hatchet job in The Guardian

Bigmouth strikes again and again: why Morrissey fans feel so betrayed - The Guardian
By Tim Jonze

Once his songs of loneliness and shyness made him a hero to misfits and outsiders. Yet now he is voicing his support for a far-right party

Morrissey response:
Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible biased article written by someone who we know has an axe to grind ... And Billy (Homes & Gardens magazine) Bragg ........... They'll be burning Fawlty Towers and Monty Python dvds next .. oh wait

And one solitary record shop, one single complaint and one and only one guest on the new album complains .... What a backlash.....

The writers going over old ground which was lost with added "new info" .... Jeez insinuating Morrissey was drunk !!! So many interviews over the years and no-one has to my knowledge ever suggested such .... And saying editors so desperate to have a 7inch they would allow M anything ... Doubt it

And U S is one sad man .... There really are no words to fully describe him .... Closest thing I can think of are my ex wife and girlfriends .. that's the level he's operating on

Good example of personal revenge. Thanks for sharing it, it's enlightning about many things. Recently I heard an explanation about why media as we know it is doomed to disappear. Now I understand it. A good tool can't be used so badly during too much time without damaging it.

.Why people put so much effort in destroy Moz career when there's real problems out there and they do nothing. Stop the lies, don't believe whatever people say about Moz. Where's a video showing what Moz said? Press used this same tactic in the past. You only see what your eyes want to see. The real fans know that Morrissey is a good person and one of the few revolutionaries remaining.

How about you make a list of the claims in the article, and contrast the ones that are factually correct against the ones that are not? You won't do that for two reasons - (1) You're too lazy to do it and (2) It would show your risible claim up for the laughable assertion it is. As I said, there's none so blind as those that won't see.

There is no point attempting to argue a point with the blindly adulatory. No point at all. But one can show up the plain absurdity of their comment.

Commenting without reading is such an easy job. All you have to do is make shit up.

Hi uncleskinny I support you. I think the Diane comment is defensible he would have said it about a white politician she is not universally liked. The Chines are a subspecies comment is defensible as it was a comment on animal rights not ethnicity. Tim Jonze has an agenda for sure the name was successfully sued. 14 year old boy should know better? At that age I would have trusted a well known public figure and friend it’s not his fault.

But aligning with Britain First is finally and devastatingly indefensible and I don’t know how anyone on here can continue to defend and encourage it.

Uncleskinny if I were you I would no longer bother with this site, it’s a sewer. Britain first are poisonous and racist end of story.

I think it's a well-written and coherently argued article, which reflects many of my own views. Naturally many others Morrissey fans have the perfect right to disagree. As the writer of the controversial 2007 NME interview Tim Jonze is in an unique position to write a piece like this.

That said, I don't believe in cancel culture. Morrissey's current political stance has tainted much of his work for me, but I still love the best of his output, even some recent songs of his. I even bought California Son, even though I find it his worst album so far. By supporting right-wing racists though Morrissey has forfeited his status as a national treasure and a respected veteran pop artist. I hope he's happy with that choice, although as someone who'd rather be blindly loved than judged, I suspect he isn't.

Last edited:
.Why people put so much effort in destroy Moz career when there's real problems out there and they do nothing. Stop the lies, don't believe whatever people say about Moz. Where's a video showing what Moz said? Press used this same tactic in the past. You only see what your eyes want to see. The real fans know that Morrissey is a good person and one of the few revolutionaries remaining.
Why don't you go ahead and list the lies in this article you mention. In your own time

To start with: Morrissey-fans don’t feel betrayed, as evidenced by his record-grossing Broadway-recidency and CS’s chart performance.

The rest is just a personal vendetta too, because he lost a court case 12 years ago.

Another hatchet job in The Guardian

Bigmouth strikes again and again: why Morrissey fans feel so betrayed - The Guardian
By Tim Jonze

Once his songs of loneliness and shyness made him a hero to misfits and outsiders. Yet now he is voicing his support for a far-right party
I prefer the article in the French leftist Magazine more balance, more honesty, more courage. But then the French aren't afraid to be honest.
The Guardian is out to get Morrissey, it's very clear and this suits the half dozen naysayers on this site.

Uncle Skinny makes a very valid point: if people are saying this article is full of lies, then list the lies. I’ll make it easy for you by listing the facts. Everything in this list will be completely true, not an opinion.

1. Morrissey wears a badge of far right political party For Britain.

2. Morrissey supports far right wing political party For Britain. He did say “there is only one British political party that can safeguard our security” on his own website. There is no other way to take this other than support for the party. Also, you can only get those badges if you’ve become a member.

3. For Britain is a far right wing political party.

4. He has shown support for Tommy Robinson by condemning the media’s treatment of him.

5. He is a rape apologist. “When you are in somebody’s bedroom, you have to be aware of where that can lead”, he said of Kevin Spacey’s sexual assault of a 14 year old. Also “They play along. Afterwards they feel embarrassed” about Harvey Weinstein’s female accusers.

There. That’s just 5 points. If anyone can make a list of the lies they think are in the article, please do so.

Tim Jonze has just been on the Emma Barnett show on BBC Radio 5 Live to talk about this. Should be on 'Listen Again' before too long.

Yup.

"It's different for every individual how you carry on with these people" - Tim Jonze absolutely right about that on the radio just now, re Morrissey, John Cleese, et al.

I see the usual brown-nosers out in force trying to hide posts. FACTS?!?! No, no, no - we can't be having them.

And other facts hidden in the article are that both nme and word had to apologise to Morrissey , and say that they did not think that he was racist - go figure eh?!?!

Tim Jonze's tweet has replies from Morrissey's fans! The same fans that he claims "feel so betrayed".

Nothing worse than a journalist that lies!

Laughable. Unbalanced because it contains actual quotes and facts? Did you think the Fiona Dodwell article was unbalanced for the same reason for not containing a counter view? Of course not.

Quotes and facts, indeed. London is a foreign country and has been for a few decades now. I know, I remember what it was like in the 70's and even then, it had a sizeable immigrant population. John Cleese was absolutely correct. So was Morrisey. He's right about Dianne Abbott too...........she's a vile race-baiting, former IRA supporting moron. Billy Bragg, great songwriter that he is, says nothing to me about modern Britain and the working class experience these days. You won't get the likes of him talking about terrorism or cruel animal slaughter or grooming gangs or how knife violence is out of control. He's living the life of riley in his lovely home in the South West and hasn't a clue about the realities of what working class people actually think or experience.

Last edited:
I think it's a well-written and coherently argued article, which reflects many of my own views. Naturally many others Morrissey fans have the perfect right to disagree. As the writer of the controversial 2007 NME interview is in an unique position to write a piece like this.

That said, I don't believe in cancel culture. Morrissey's current political stance has tainted much of his work for me, but I still love the best of his output, even some recent songs of his. I even bought California Son, even though I find it his worst album so far. By supporting right-wing racists though Morrissey has forfeited his status as a national treasure and a respected veteran pop artist. I hope he's happy with that choice, although as someone who'd rather be blindly loved than judged, I suspect he isn't.

Perhaps speaking some real truths is more important than being blindly adored by the masses. Leave that to the likes of bland Mr Weller.

Morrissey fans love morrissey and do not feel betrayed by him stop bullying morrissey we have had enough already

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom