Billie Joe Armstrong on recording with Morrissey

In an interview promoting Green Day's new album "Father of All Motherf***ers"...

full

Article here... https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...knroll-helps-you-dance-through-the-apocalypse

Excerpt:

This year the band will turn 34. No punk band has made it this far. The Sex Pistols lasted three years, the Clash 10, the Ramones 22. Green Day are writing the blueprint while living it, so it is no surprise that they have sometimes made mistakes. Last year Armstrong duetted with Morrissey on his covers album California Son – a terrible look in the wake of Morrissey’s vocal support for far-right organisations and individuals.

“I wasn’t aware until the song came out,” says Armstrong. “We do the song, and he was very lovely, and then the song comes out and a lot of Brits were like: what the hell are you doing? I really did not have a clue … ” Bewitched by the singer’s status as an 80s indie godhead, he simply failed in his due diligence. Cool pipes up, giggling: “Hey, we’ve all got our Ted Nugents, right?” – a reference to the US rocker and gun enthusiast.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's the guardian saying it's a terrible look, not Armstrong. Armstrong is "Quoted" saying -

“We do the song, and he was very lovely, and then the song comes out and a lot of Brits were like: what the hell are you doing? I really did not have a clue … ”

So basically he's aware people are upset he sang with Morrissey. So what? Doesn't really sound like he gives a shit. It's the band member "The Cool" who chimes in with the slur comparing Morrissey to Ted Nugent. What are the chances someone who calls himself "The Cool" is a tool?
Yet another crock of shit squeezed out by a paper that ironically is used to clean up said shit.
Exactly, if Armstrong had actually said anything unpleasant about Morrissey, The Guardian would hardly hold back. There is no story here, save for the insight it provides into the mind of the nasty pieces of work who wanted it published as some revelation piece—here, and in The Guardian. Drop the dead donkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've tasted ?
You can't speak for anyone with a stuffed mouth.... now go brush your teeth !

where does it say I’ve tasted? Bet you thought your little comment thru so many times and got a little tingle on at the thought of showing me up, and you still f***ed it up. I’ll give you another go...

where does it say I’ve tasted? Bet you thought your little comment thru so many times and got a little tingle on at the thought of showing me up, and you still f***ed it up. I’ll give you another go...

Your mouth is still full.... you're mumbling.

Is that your ‘nother go?? Ffs man, do you want me to help me you out? Call my mam a heroin addict for a start, tell me to hang myself, pack a punch at least x
I'm not giving you any masturbating material.... you're adequately blind.

Someone needs to inform The Guardian's corrections and clarifications editor that there is NEVER anything to correct or clarify.

And their spelling and grammar is impeccable.

And a hack's opinions are never used to distort quotes.

As someone who distorts quotes to fit your lies you'd be the expert.

No, not necessarily. In interviews where multiple people are being interviewed (as is apparent in this one) sometimes you get people saying things to each other, saying things over the top of each other, finishing each others' sentence etc, which are difficult to quote directly so may be glossed.
The fact of the matter is, as indicated in your first answer, you don't have the first clue so you launched a tedious, lazy attack on the messenger. Presumably because that is easier than actually engaging with the inescapable fact that many people now dislike Morrissey because of his far-right political views, and some (like BJA) regret ever working with him.
Maybe the real reason they dislike his views is because they are obsessed with making money and protecting their careers. At all costs. Weak people are afraid to rock the boat in case woke wanks get their unisex knickers in a twist. Sad spineless snowflake septic shitheads.

Maybe the real reason they dislike his views is because they are obsessed with making money and protecting their careers. At all costs. Weak people are afraid to rock the boat in case woke wanks get their unisex knickers in a twist. Sad spineless snowflake septic shitheads.
That’s the long and short of it.

A little quote I came across about BJA's band, somewhere on PB:

"Aren't Green Day punk rock for those who watch 'Hollyoaks' under parental supervision?"

'Hollyoaks' is a long-running UK "teen" soap opera broadcast over 5 nights a week on Channel 4. A lot of the actors playing teenagers look like they're in their mid-to-late-20's. Sometimes, the storylines are deliberately controversial for the sake of boosting ratings. I hope that's a good enough explanation for you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom