Birmingham - Genting Arena (Feb. 27, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Suedehead / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Hold On To Your Friends / Home Is A Question Mark / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by Famous when dead.

• Morrissey on irresistible form at the Genting Arena - review, setlist and more by James Rodger (5 photos) - Birmingham Live. Link posted by an anonymous person.

42353_birmingham.jpg
  • Morrissey, Genting Arena, Birmingham - review with pics by Tom Oakley (12 photos by Dave Cox) - Express & Star. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Morrissey review – this once charming man by Kitty Empire (2 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Andrew Fox) - The Observer. Link posted by Uncleskinny (original post).

Last edited:
If he's got enough clout to make venues meat free, he should use it to stop em fleecing us at the bar, just saying.
The booze at concerts is often generic panther piss like Heineken. I tend to have a few proper ales before I get to gig and then a good few afterwards, and just nurse one pint of overpriced piss at the venue.

First time I've ever left my position to have a fag and get a drink. Show feels a bit tired. May be because I've seen it already. Gonna fight my way back to the front now

Everywhere is becoming like the States. The only places that aren't are those currently being bombed.

If that really are the two only options Acton, I would of course be tremendously happy to live in US of A, in stead of dying by bombs, whoever throws them on me.
But I would be a bit concerned about surviving there too,
Well in any case I don’t have to travel there. So lucky.

When did Moz fans become become so soft? 5 years ago it was almost moshing . Now I'm being shouted at by quiffed 23 olds and their delicate girlfriends for gently and politely easing past. f*** this

When did Moz fans become become so soft? 5 years ago it was almost moshing . Now I'm being shouted at by quiffed 23 olds and their delicate girlfriends for gently and politely easing past. f*** this

No crowd of fans is gonna exactly he happy with a guy trying to fight his way back up front in the middle of a show

It was exactly the same at Newcastle ladt Friday. Lots of wimpy wallflowers and their girlfriends who were offended when i tried to step alongside them. Must be the same dullards ;)

For the attention of:

Mr Steven Patrick Morrissey
Mr Boz Boorer
Mr Jesse Tobias
Mr Mando Lopez
Mr Matt Walker
Mr Gustavo Mansur

Dear Sirs.

Good evening. My name is 'BrummieBoy' and I am an Internet Demon. You will recall I issue very clear and very emphatic instructions to you all to immediately cease and desist from any further outrages against musical and lyrical taste and decency. It has come to my attention that you have flagrantly ignored this final warning and are now 'on tour' in the United Kingdom. In fact, my Secretary informs me that you are all huddled in the tiresome Genting Arena in Birmingham tonight for one of these sacriligeous performances. Sharon said she had some freebie tickets from ***** at Universal and would I like to go? Like? I'd like it as much as I'd like my teeth pulled out with nail clippers, dear. If 'Morrissey' and his band of loopy-tune Dad Rock twits were to turn up outside my house and start 'performing' I'd close the blinds, draw the drapes then summon the environmental pollution officer from Malvern Town Council to stop their nonsense.

An associate of Sharon's then surmised whether or not it would be fun to stage an ironic 'protest' at tonight's show to highlight the multiple crimes against taste and deceny which Morrissey is guilty of, especially his bogus claims to be an animal rights advocate. I had to very firmly remind him that #VegAnarchyInTheUK will do all that with panache, impaling both Morrissey and John Lydon on it's pitchfork-pronged punk metal 3 minute blast against fakery, punk rock Boomers and losers using animal rights issues to flog product, whether that's butter or blathering singalongs like 'Meat Is Murder'. Further, any such 'protests' against this vile charlatan 'Morrissey' would be playing into his hands as it would give him the attention he so feverously craves. Do not feed the troll!

I shall spend the evening relaxing on the sofa after a strenuous month travelling around Europe to watch 20 shows by Nils Frahm. There really is more to music than big-headed singers who pollute your mind with their endless personality crises. I have yet to decide whether or not 'Veganarchy In The UK' will be an instrumental to protest The Hegemony Of The Voice in modern popular music. I may allow some vocoder voices or I may openly impersonate and mock both Morrissey and Lydon by lampooning them with karaoke impressions similar to Kurt Cobain on TOTP with his hilarious slow-drone 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'.
Sharon handed me an A4 sheet with the recent set-lists. What kind of stupidity is involved in somebody voluntarily allowing themselves to be in the same room as these clowns when they strike up 'I Bury The Living'? And paying for that torment? Christ on a fcukin bike!

I had so much fun on this site and I'd like to, once again, extend my thanks to David Tseng for not giving two f***s about Morrissey's whining. I'd also like to confirm that the dire warnings of trolls that they would doxx BrummieBoy have come to naught. You can't doxx someone who's openly visible on the interwebz, darling! I'm also able to confirm that I haven't heard a peep from Morrissey's clown-camp and don't expect to: Unless and until 'VegAnarchy In The UK' is a 'hit' in which case the incorrigible troll Morrissey will feign ignorance of my writings on this site despite studying them like the Bible and will attempt to hook on to any rising response to desperately feed his ego and fantasy of being 'current and contemporary'. He is a has-been. A total flake. If you've paid to go and see him in Birmingham tonight, you're probably just realising you've made an awful mistake as the discordant racket begins to pulse from the speakers.

Enough! The portal must now close, ZoZo! You promised me I wouldn't have to do this anymore but I accept your QWERTYOuija rationale that the final post from Brummieboy debunking Morrissey should be made just as his arthritic pseudo-radical artsy fartsy singalongaSmiths malarkey begins in Birmingham. The city suffered under the Nazis. We'll cope with this sonic blitz tonight but it's sad that there are still delusional cult members prepared to stumble towards that Corporate Rock Whore Shed known as The Genting Arena at the National Exhibition Centre.

With every good wish
yours, in perpetuity

BrummieBoy aka Andy aka Alfie

21:05 Tuesday 27 February 2018

NB: Here are the relevant excerpts from my edict to Morrissey ordering him to stop all this nonsense. He has not complied. He will learn that when the Pope Of Pop issues an edict, it is best to obey. I also note that there are 'alerts' advising me of various responses to my comments. Do not delude yourselves that they were read nor that any replies to this communication will be read, however this site will be checked by Sharon periodically to see if Steven Patrick Morrissey is delusional enough to publicly take on 'BrummieBoy' and has attempted to serve any paperwork even though I'm visible from Mars on the interwebs as you all know. Funny, that, isn't it? Not one of you littel twerps have turned up at my door to 'protest on behalf of Morrissey'. Take my advice, don't. You will not get back to the bus alive....

'Any further provocations in the form of gratuitiously offensive public appearances at 'concerts' or further audio outrages released into the collective ether will result in an entirely more severe level of cursing and hexes to match your petty vexations against music, taste, decency and art.
. Enough is truly enough so just pack up and fcuk right off the stage, lads. Forever.
Caveat: I am in no doubt you will all resign yourselves to copious anti-psychotic medication regimes to Carry On with your delusionality despite this wake-up call from consensual reality orchestrated by ZoZo-Brummie Boy. Perhaps the 'band' will also stagger on with their diva singer-leader, their wounds staunched by prescription chemicals, vainly and pointlessly slogging on, ignoring the smirks of the Audience that will now only attend to mock and giggle at the vast tragic humiliation which has unfolded via BB/ZoZo. So mote if be, if that is what All-That-Is decrees. '

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...17-ser-youtube.141558/page-43#post-1987054081

Buckle up folks, we're in for another month or two of, off-his-meds, mania-postings from this site's favourite cuddly old troll, Brummie Boy. I don't know about you, but I've missed the cranky old grandad, I find myself wanting to give him a metaphorical hug while gently tousling his (no-doubt) thinning locks. Welcome back Grandpa lets get this party started!! :guitar::guitar:

You know, I can't help feel it might just be more to do with the fact that everybody thinks that the people who try to push their way to the front towards the end of a gig are tossers. ;)

Definitely not sold out. I was here a few weeks ago for Young Voices and the seats have been retracted to make it smaller.

Lol gotta love it when an anon makes a post like this. I was 2 wows from the back, nothing was retracted although I do agree it was not sold out. It was probably 95% full though which surprised me to be fair. Will post further thoughts tomorrow tomorrow but I was genuinely impressed with the new stuff live and also intrigued by how well it was received.

An interesting gig. Being seated at a Morrissey gig (my 33rd I think) is a rare experience for me.

He definitely indulges himself far too much in the middle to the point where some people were walking out to either the bar or the car park!

The new songs are still mostly awful although Who Will Protrct Us From The Police was unexpectedly strong .

If he's going to do cover versions why not do more Smiths songs or other solo hits. but, in fairness, the denouement of the set was exceptional. As were his vocals.

Highlights for me- Jack, Hold Onto Yr Friends, Speedway, Munich, Spent the Day, Everyday (singing Fatty you're the one for me I believe) Home is a question mark, I wish You lonely, I started Something.
A very professional version of How Soon Is Now.

Teased us with saying a line of Panic
I wonder to myself
Could life ever be sane again? Before launching into World Peace (definite lowlight) and I Bury The Living was even worse.

Not one for casual fans and definitely going to have more than 3 beers in Brighton.

Any marauding gangs of man united thugs? Morrissey would love it if he developed a hooligan following to go with his obsession of gangsters.

Lol gotta love it when an anon makes a post like this. I was 2 wows from the back, nothing was retracted although I do agree it was not sold out. It was probably 95% full though which surprised me to be fair. Will post further thoughts tomorrow tomorrow but I was genuinely impressed with the new stuff live and also intrigued by how well it was received.
It was definitely sold out

And definitely sang Brexit in Jacky

For the attention of:

Mr Steven Patrick Morrissey
Mr Boz Boorer
Mr Jesse Tobias
Mr Mando Lopez
Mr Matt Walker
Mr Gustavo Mansur

Dear Sirs.

Good evening. My name is 'BrummieBoy' and I am an Internet Demon. You will recall I issue very clear and very emphatic instructions to you all to immediately cease and desist from any further outrages against musical and lyrical taste and decency. It has come to my attention that you have flagrantly ignored this final warning and are now 'on tour' in the United Kingdom. In fact, my Secretary informs me that you are all huddled in the tiresome Genting Arena in Birmingham tonight for one of these sacriligeous performances. Sharon said she had some freebie tickets from ***** at Universal and would I like to go? Like? I'd like it as much as I'd like my teeth pulled out with nail clippers, dear. If 'Morrissey' and his band of loopy-tune Dad Rock twits were to turn up outside my house and start 'performing' I'd close the blinds, draw the drapes then summon the environmental pollution officer from Malvern Town Council to stop their nonsense.

An associate of Sharon's then surmised whether or not it would be fun to stage an ironic 'protest' at tonight's show to highlight the multiple crimes against taste and deceny which Morrissey is guilty of, especially his bogus claims to be an animal rights advocate. I had to very firmly remind him that #VegAnarchyInTheUK will do all that with panache, impaling both Morrissey and John Lydon on it's pitchfork-pronged punk metal 3 minute blast against fakery, punk rock Boomers and losers using animal rights issues to flog product, whether that's butter or blathering singalongs like 'Meat Is Murder'. Further, any such 'protests' against this vile charlatan 'Morrissey' would be playing into his hands as it would give him the attention he so feverously craves. Do not feed the troll!

I shall spend the evening relaxing on the sofa after a strenuous month travelling around Europe to watch 20 shows by Nils Frahm. There really is more to music than big-headed singers who pollute your mind with their endless personality crises. I have yet to decide whether or not 'Veganarchy In The UK' will be an instrumental to protest The Hegemony Of The Voice in modern popular music. I may allow some vocoder voices or I may openly impersonate and mock both Morrissey and Lydon by lampooning them with karaoke impressions similar to Kurt Cobain on TOTP with his hilarious slow-drone 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'.
Sharon handed me an A4 sheet with the recent set-lists. What kind of stupidity is involved in somebody voluntarily allowing themselves to be in the same room as these clowns when they strike up 'I Bury The Living'? And paying for that torment? Christ on a fcukin bike!

I had so much fun on this site and I'd like to, once again, extend my thanks to David Tseng for not giving two f***s about Morrissey's whining. I'd also like to confirm that the dire warnings of trolls that they would doxx BrummieBoy have come to naught. You can't doxx someone who's openly visible on the interwebz, darling! I'm also able to confirm that I haven't heard a peep from Morrissey's clown-camp and don't expect to: Unless and until 'VegAnarchy In The UK' is a 'hit' in which case the incorrigible troll Morrissey will feign ignorance of my writings on this site despite studying them like the Bible and will attempt to hook on to any rising response to desperately feed his ego and fantasy of being 'current and contemporary'. He is a has-been. A total flake. If you've paid to go and see him in Birmingham tonight, you're probably just realising you've made an awful mistake as the discordant racket begins to pulse from the speakers.

Enough! The portal must now close, ZoZo! You promised me I wouldn't have to do this anymore but I accept your QWERTYOuija rationale that the final post from Brummieboy debunking Morrissey should be made just as his arthritic pseudo-radical artsy fartsy singalongaSmiths malarkey begins in Birmingham. The city suffered under the Nazis. We'll cope with this sonic blitz tonight but it's sad that there are still delusional cult members prepared to stumble towards that Corporate Rock Whore Shed known as The Genting Arena at the National Exhibition Centre.

With every good wish
yours, in perpetuity

BrummieBoy aka Andy aka Alfie

21:05 Tuesday 27 February 2018

NB: Here are the relevant excerpts from my edict to Morrissey ordering him to stop all this nonsense. He has not complied. He will learn that when the Pope Of Pop issues an edict, it is best to obey. I also note that there are 'alerts' advising me of various responses to my comments. Do not delude yourselves that they were read nor that any replies to this communication will be read, however this site will be checked by Sharon periodically to see if Steven Patrick Morrissey is delusional enough to publicly take on 'BrummieBoy' and has attempted to serve any paperwork even though I'm visible from Mars on the interwebs as you all know. Funny, that, isn't it? Not one of you littel twerps have turned up at my door to 'protest on behalf of Morrissey'. Take my advice, don't. You will not get back to the bus alive....

'Any further provocations in the form of gratuitiously offensive public appearances at 'concerts' or further audio outrages released into the collective ether will result in an entirely more severe level of cursing and hexes to match your petty vexations against music, taste, decency and art.
. Enough is truly enough so just pack up and fcuk right off the stage, lads. Forever.
Caveat: I am in no doubt you will all resign yourselves to copious anti-psychotic medication regimes to Carry On with your delusionality despite this wake-up call from consensual reality orchestrated by ZoZo-Brummie Boy. Perhaps the 'band' will also stagger on with their diva singer-leader, their wounds staunched by prescription chemicals, vainly and pointlessly slogging on, ignoring the smirks of the Audience that will now only attend to mock and giggle at the vast tragic humiliation which has unfolded via BB/ZoZo. So mote if be, if that is what All-That-Is decrees. '

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...17-ser-youtube.141558/page-43#post-1987054081

I'm amazed to say I quite enjoyed that rant. There is talent in there. Even if it is just a talent for chaos. Top marks. Even if it is just skidmarks.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom