Bloc Party's Kele Okereke: “I’ve never experienced such widespread public racism” - NME

Kele Okereke: “I’ve never experienced such widespread public racism” - NME
Bloc Party’s Kele Okereke opens up about Brexit Britain, Brandon Flowers' comments on Morrissey, the artists failing to fight far right rhetoric, and his ambitious new album '2042'

Excerpt:

“This idea of a multi-cultural Britain, that there is now somehow resistance towards it, is something that I’ve never experienced in my life [until] now,” he continues. “And it’s not just the politicians and the media. It’s the artists too.” With the exception, he says, of artists like Slowthai, Idles and Billy Bragg who are continually questioning and holding discrimination to account, too many are complicit – many more, he says, are even encouraging it.

“I think of the comments that Morrissey recently made and his support for Britain First. It’s clear to me that there is an idea of Britain and Britishness that is supposed to exclude people who are non-white and this idea is becoming more and more prominent.

“As a black musician who was born in the UK and who lives in the UK, I found it very disheartening that none of my peers really came out to publicly counter Morrissey’s recent comments and behaviour. I found that personally quite dispiriting and even worse, the only comments by musicians seemed to be in support of him – like Brandon Flowers.” Ahead of The Killers headline set at Glastonbury, Flowers told NME that Morrissey was “still a king” despite his problematic political views.

“Brandon Flowers is basically saying it doesn’t matter what Morrissey says, he’s still a revered icon,” Okereke tells us. “I think that’s bullshit and I think Brandon Flowers is bullshit. It does matter. It absolutely matters what people say and the fact that no one is willing to challenge him on this to me is quite disgusting. Shame on him and shame on Morrissey.”

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Kele would do better trying to explain the high levels of rape, mugging, murder and general violence in every single black community in the world than going around trying to slander Morrissey and Brandon Flowers.

And also why we're not allowed to ever talk about it.

And if we do... RACIST!

The biggest safety threat to black men is the other black men around them.

Yere....that's going to happen:p
The thing is, if they did address the problem (at least of them killing each other), such as talking about their unique anger problems, low impulse control etc. they could probably do something about it and less of them would be killing each other.

In London the amount of them hacking each other to pieces has become farcical - and you just know the number will rise (eventually to US levels) because of the taboo of actually addressing the subject in any real way. There's a black urban contingent that enjoy the gangsta lifestyle and see its violence as sport - but this doesn't fit the lefty narrative of it being all because of poverty and not enough youth clubs.

Last edited:
The thing is, if they did address the problem (at least of them killing each other), such as talking about their unique anger problems, low impulse control etc. they could probably do something about it and less of them would be killing each other.

In London the amount of them hacking each other to pieces has become farcical - and you just know the number will rise (eventually to US levels) because of the taboo of actually addressing the subject in any real way. There's a black urban contingent that enjoy the gangsta lifestyle and see its violence as sport - but this doesn't fit the lefty narrative of it being all because of poverty and not enough youth clubs.

The excuses of poverty make me laugh. All these kids have the latest trainers, phones, laptops. Modern black "urban" culture has a lot to answer for.

Hmm anyone noticed? ....
No skinny posts for a while, or by any of his clowns?
He's lit the blue touchpaper & now sat watching all this commotion that he's caused..highly amused at all these outpourings.
Typical skinny, completely f***ed up, sicko games.

I'm blocking so I don't see another post of his.
Anybody feel the need to delete any posts?
Gotta be the worst forum I've ever been on. Sick is an understatement.

Kele Okereke says he's never seen such opposition to multiculturalism until recently - but perhaps he should remember that the British people never voted for or were asked if they wanted diversity.

The reason being that they would have voted a resounding NO.

Look at how many British lives were lost fighting off a German invasion - all for the engineered mass immigration that will soon render the Brits a minority in their own land.

At this point in time........I really don't give a f***. If you don't like it.......f*** off back to Africa.
That's the thing, he wants all the luxuries the white world offers him.

It's like the MP David Lammy. He says he's from the Tottenham hood. But this is only partly true. He was born in N17 but his mum whisked the family away quick-time to the small 100% white town (back then) of Hitchin in Hertfordshire to bring up her little David - Tottenham was too full of other blacks!

Up in leafy Hitchin he was the only white boy in the class and even sang in the local church choir. In other words he was brought up in a respectable 100% white environment where the violent influence of other black boys (the kind he sticks up for nowadays) was non-existent. David enjoyed and benefited from his all-white education and eventually went on to Harvard.

Whitey is evil - but they love everything whitey provides.

Last edited:
That's the thing, he wants all the luxuries the white world offers him.

It's like the MP David Lammy. He says he's from the Tottenham hood. But this is only partly true. He was born in N17 but his mum whisked the family away quick-time to the small 100% white town (back then) of Hitchin in Hertforshire to bring up her little David - Tottenham was too full of other blacks!

Up in leafy Hitchin he was the only white boy in the class and even sang in the local church choir. In other words he was brought up in a respectable 100% white environment where the violent influence of other black boys (the kind he sticks up for nowadays) was non-existent. David enjoyed and benefited from his all-white education and eventually went on to Harvard.

Whitey is evil - but they love everything whitey provides.

I armchair support Spurs and went there for the Champions League Final last yr...........what a dump. :guitar:

No, yr the 'sad f***'; this is all you ever post about.

What a 'sad f***' little parochial life you lead, championing some 'cause' that yu've decided to piggy-back on.

Why don't yu give yourself some time off, Pete?...I'm thinking some form of counselling, rehab & social re-integration. Nobody wants yu when you're like this. Seriously.

Oh shock horror this post was voted down by 'crumbsofcomfort' (interesting name selection)...a skinny pseudonym..skinny's latest tactic is to pose as a 'person of colour' who identifies as being successful owing to the fact he has a job & a mortgage...FFS. f*** off.

Something tells me that when Kunta Kinte speaks very few are prepared to listen. Maybe he could find a real job for a change?

Well, all London clubs hate each other. It's all rather silly.
I read somewhere once that Thatcher solved 80s football hooliganism (as it was very embarrassing for her government) by getting the secret service to spread Ecstasy. This is obviously a conspiracy theory but it makes sense. They first used it by spreading it among black communities in South Africa to try to reduce rioting. It worked a bit so they gave it the go ahead to introduce it to the UK - and hey presto, the hools from the different football clubs were going out clubbing on E hugging each other. It makes a lot of sense. Hooliganism has never been at the same level since.

I know for a fact that heroin was 'allowed' to pour into Liverpool in the early 80s for political reasons. That was Michael Heseltine.

Well at least morrissey is being judged on facts and that people view claims of racism so seriously and want to defeat the problems of racial bias so sincerely that they give there arguments the scrutiny they deserve

I always wondered why the british chose such awful wallpaper as if life there isn't bad enough but then they all moved to Spain.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom