Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I read something about Goths the other day, apparently they’re trying to become a ‘protected group’ or something, so they can’t be the victims of ‘hate crime’.

Isn’t that just the law in general? Or is their a group than can be the victims of hate crime that I don’t know about?? White males, maybe I guess.

I would find/posts links to these things but it’s a right faff to do on a phone & I can’t be bothered.
There’s a list of protected characteristics. At some point, class was going to be on that list but that was kiboshed (by Theresa May, when she was Home Secretary I think) lest it empowered the workers.

That’s true actually, I’ve heard Daniel O’Donnell fans can be right bastards if you slag him off.
Definitely true: they are natural born killers. Some Joe Longthorne fans can be incredibly protective too.

Definitely true: they are natural born killers. Some Joe Longthorne fans can be incredibly protective too.
A true story is, many years ago, I was outside a music venue and there was a queue of OAPs camped outside. I asked a member of staff what they were doing & he said queueing for Daniel O Donnell tickets that went on sale the next day! I asked if they’d been there all night, he replied some had been there 2 nights!

That is a genuine story.

A true story is, many years ago, I was outside a music venue and there was a queue of OAPs camped outside. I asked a member of staff what they were doing & he said queueing for Daniel O Donnell tickets that went on sale the next day! I asked if they’d been there all night, he replied some had been there 2 nights!

That is a genuine story.
I can believe it. Psychopaths. In fact, I’m anticipating an intervention from Radis any second now.

"The music business has changed now, man, it’s full of f***ing wankers. If they can’t flog your arse, then they aren’t giving you a record deal; If they can’t sell you to little kids who don’t know shit from clay, they will not f***ing take a chance on you"

Funny how some things change, yet others seem to stay the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s a list of protected characteristics. At some point, class was going to be on that list but that was kiboshed (by Theresa May, when she was Home Secretary I think) lest it empowered the workers.
I think that started with the death of a girl called Sophie something, can't remember her surname, about 10 yrs ago by a load of chav scum.

Although from 2007, I've found a few other, pleasant quotes, one* of which surprised me actually:

Bono: '"Girlfriend in a Coma" - when I heard it I nearly crashed my car and ended up in a coma. He [Morrissey] has that gift. That is not the work of a miserable man.'

Chrissie Hynde: 'The amount of times people have said it was "Meat is Murder" that converted them is astonishing.'

Noel Gallagher: 'Whatever you put down in a lyric to define your love or hate, [Morrissey]'ll do it one better.'

JK Rowling: 'I think the Smiths were the only group whose falling apart really affected me personally. Very sad.'

*Billy Bragg: 'He [Morrissey] sang all those old Smiths songs and made me feel 17 again. It was pretty amazing as I was 26 at the time.'

Observer critic Miranda Sawyer: 'If you notice, it's really all blokes. Men are in love with him [Morrissey]... not women.'
Yup, the song Meat is Murder gently convinced me to convert. That was back in 2009 or so. I was hearing it in my head, while trying to enjoy a plate of 'sealife' chowmein.

The full set of figures, which you are citing (from 2011), are:

86.0% of the population is White
7.5% of the population is made up Asian ethnic groups
3.3% of the population is made of Black ethnic groups
2.2% of the population is made up of Mixed/Multiple ethnic groups
1.0% of the population is made up of Other ethnic groups

NB: The above figures are according to the 2011 Census, when the total population of England and Wales was 56.1m.

I suspect there have been changes to the above percentage figures, given the estimated population, as of 2020, is c. 68m.

That white percentage will be down to the 70's. God knows what the actual white English population is now.

Sorry KS, I do like you but I’ve got to give you a downvote for that outrageous comment.

I know you won’t lose any sleep over it😉
It was obviously a joke that you obviously didn’t get.

Don’t be so triggered.

I think that started with the death of a girl called Sophie something, can't remember her surname, about 10 yrs ago by a load of chav scum.

That is not my post you’re replying to and I don’t know how that happened. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom