Morrissey Central "BMG DUMP MORRISSEY" (November 16, 2020)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't all 'going on programmes for black people.'

"The BBC has set itself a mandatory target - 20% of off-screen talent must come from under-represented groups.
That includes those with a disability or from a BAME or disadvantaged socio-economic background."

"There will also be three "tests" for diversity in the BBC's TV output, with programmes needing to meet two of them to qualify - diverse stories and portrayal on-screen, diverse production teams and talent and diverse-led production companies."

"In October last year, TV presenter and campaigner June Sarpong was appointed as the BBC's director of creative diversity, as it pledged to ensure 50% of on-air roles will go to women by 2020, with targets of 15% for black, Asian and minority ethnic groups [BAME], 8% for disabled people and 8% for LGBT staff.
Off air, the BBC promised at the time to increase the proportion of leadership roles filled by women from 44% to 50% by next year, and raise the share of such senior roles held by BAME staff from 11.5% to 15%."
Every egg, a bird.

You really are a f***ing racist idiot. According to the last census the UK population was made up of 86% white, 3% black/African/Caribbean/Black British. So shut the f*** up and get back in your racist box.
The full set of figures, which you are citing (from 2011), are:

86.0% of the population is White
7.5% of the population is made up Asian ethnic groups
3.3% of the population is made of Black ethnic groups
2.2% of the population is made up of Mixed/Multiple ethnic groups
1.0% of the population is made up of Other ethnic groups

NB: The above figures are according to the 2011 Census, when the total population of England and Wales was 56.1m.

I suspect there have been changes to the above percentage figures, given the estimated population, as of 2020, is c. 68m.

NB: The above figures are according to the 2011 Census, when the total population of England and Wales was 56.1m.

I suspect there have been changes to the above percentage figures, given the estimated population, as of 2020, is c. 68m.

My post was intended to point out that is is impossible for all the white jobs to be taken as our resident racist claims. What is your point?

According to Wikipedia, the UK population in 2011 was 63 million and estimates for 2020 is that it's around 68 million. I see no reason why the current racial mix should be greatly different from 2011 but we won't know for certain until after the 2021 census.

My post was intended to point out that is is impossible for all the white jobs to be taken as our resident racist claims. What is your point?
My point is that your figures were old figures.
If you're going to use data to support your case, then try using more up to date data.
I think you're looking for a 'point' from me which frankly isn't there.
Not the one you were hoping for anyway.

According to Wikipedia, the UK population in 2011 was 63 million and estimates for 2020 is that it's around 68 million. I see no reason why the current racial mix should be greatly different from 2011 but we won't know for certain until after the 2021 census.
Indeed, as you say, we won't know until then (post census of2021).
Personally, I wouldn't trust stats from Wikipedia.
Edit: those stats I quoted were for England & Wales, which I did mention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit: those stats I quoted were for England & Wales, which I failed to mention.
Brace yourself for a contradiction, from Radis.

My point is that your figures were old figures.
If you're going to use data to support your case, then try using more up to date data.
I think you're looking for a 'point' from me which frankly isn't there.
Not the one you were hoping for anyway.

My point still stands, irrelevant of the latest data, it would be impossible for all of the jobs to taken as claimed by our resident racist.

Edit: those stats I quoted were for England & Wales, which I did mention.
The 63 million figure is from Wikipedia and is the verifiable total from the 2011 census. The figure of 68 million I used is actually from worldometers.info so may not be that accurate. However there is a figure from the ONS of 67 million for 2019. My point is that whilst your 2011 figure of 58 million may be accurate for England and Wales only, your figure of 68 million must be for the whole of the UK, not just England and Wales. So there's been an increase in the UK population of ~5 million not 10 million.

As usual, reelfountain writes vile nonsense which is not worth quoting. And gordyboy9 replies with his garbled and headache-inducing non-English. Who exactly are "they" who plan to erase whites from the media and the society? Morrissey blaming diversity is once again a disappointment move from the once great artist, who would still have a record contract if he hadn't gone out of his way to stain his image flirting with the right-wing mob. Hip hop and r'n'b might be the most popular pop music genres at the moment, but that is just because people in 2020 like them. Morrissey and reelfountain might not like them and, to be honest, and I'm not that keen on them either, but there is no conspiracy between their popularity.

As usual, reelfountain writes vile nonsense which is not worth quoting. And gordyboy9 replies with his garbled and headache-inducing non-English. Who exactly are "they" who plan to erase whites from the media and the society? Morrissey blaming diversity is once again a disappointment move from the once great artist, who would still have a record contract if he hadn't gone out of his way to stain his image flirting with the right-wing mob. Hip hop and r'n'b might be the most popular pop music genres at the moment, but that is just because people in 2020 like them. Morrissey and reelfountain might not like them and, to be honest, and I'm not that keen on them either, but there is no conspiracy between their popularity.
The media and entertainment industry have seriously lost the plot with their obsession with so called diversity, it's getting rammed in our ears and eyes at every possible turn. People will choose what they like no matter what's being forced on them by various outlets, they won't change their tastes just because it's deemed 'in fashion' through daft diversity.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/bmg-dump-morrissey

fin...

Excerpt:

BMG Records have dropped Morrissey. Following the March 2020 release of I AM NOT A DOG ON A CHAIN
(#1 Scotland, #1 Poland, #3 Britain, #3 France, #10 Spain, #13 Germany, #2, #9, #17, #18 U.S.A. - depending
on which official chart you follow), BMG have appointed a new Executive who does not want another Morrissey
album. Instead, the new BMG Executive has announced new plans for 'diversity' within BMG's artist roster, and
all projected BMG Morrissey releases/reissues have been scrapped.

"This news is perfectly in keeping with the relentless galvanic horror of 2020," said Morrissey, "we would be critically insane to expect anything positive."

Morrissey is once again in search of a new label willing to release his music.

"My three albums with BMG have been the best of my career, and I stand by them till death. Recording them has been a pivotal period in my life, and I thank the previous BMG team and everyone involved for that. It's still important to me to do music my own way, and I wouldn't want to be on a label that dictates so specifically how their artists should behave - especially when the word 'talent' is notably never mentioned."

Morrissey's duet with David Bowie is now available on Parlophone via Warner.

"There are too many cases of successful artists languishing at labels who are no longer interested in them." Alistair Norbury, BMG.

Morrissey's Las Vegas residency remains in place for 2021.

above quotes collected by V.Pearson for M.Central.
full interview will be printed shortly.

Media items:
How terribly unprofessional this Crew must be!
Do they even know how to play the freakin game!?!
Communication is key.. both ways. : ( Uggg
Any which Way,
Morrissey you will Write again
Morrissey you will Sing again
Morrissey you have more talent in one finger.
Morrissey you can play the game anywhere you are! Your soul is your vessel!

I just got the urge to say Go Dodgers!
Its the Lincoln heights in me.

: [

Im Sorry Morrissey I hope you get through this mighty fast.
Meanwhile, stay safe keep, use what you got to keep in touch with your Fans .. Me!; ) and keep sane.
These days are Madd .
Ill be looking for you any "safe"chance, that come up .

Best Wishes!!!

Truly
Marisela

How terribly unprofessional this Crew must be!
Do they even know how to play the freakin game!?!
Communication is key.. both ways. : ( Uggg
Any which Way,
Morrissey you will Write again
Morrissey you will Sing again
Morrissey you have more talent in one finger.
Morrissey you can play the game anywhere you are! Your soul is your vessel!

I just got the urge to say Go Dodgers!
Its the Lincoln heights in me.

: [

Im Sorry Morrissey I hope you get through this mighty fast.
Meanwhile, stay safe keep, use what you got to keep in touch with your Fans .. Me!; ) and keep sane.
These days are Madd .
Ill be looking for you any "safe"chance, that come up .

Best Wishes!!!

Truly
Marisela
He will be fine, Vishnu watches over him.

I don't really care about blogs - it's interesting the newspapers have softened their stance.

He looked disappointed at the decision of BMG, but also THANKED BMG for the 3 albums. I would say that his letter had both a polite and disappointed tone.

The pictures also stressed the idea that he has fans and were willingly cute.
And there was nothing there in the tone of "Boycott BMG, don't buy anything they release, they are the plague".

In short: it was not a furious letter (i.e, even if it seems unlikely to happen, it's not the kind of letter that should offend BMG in a way that they would think "we will never hire Morrissey again after that insulting letter").
I noticed that too.

If you only look at the quotes it's basically "I'm not surprised by this, it's been a bad year as it was. I'm proud of the music I've released on BMG and thank the label for their support.
Being able to do things my own way is still very important to me and I wouldn't want to work with this new BMG team anyway, because they don't appreciate talent and also I don't like being told what to do."

It's still a bit silly and completely disregards the fact that the contract was fulfilled, but it's not nearly as dramatic as the articles and also some fans on social media make it sound.

I noticed that too.

If you only look at the quotes it's basically "I'm not surprised by this, it's been a bad year as it was. I'm proud of the music I've released on BMG and thank the label for their support.
Being able to do things my own way is still very important to me and I wouldn't want to work with this new BMG team anyway, because they don't appreciate talent and also I don't like bring told what to do."

It's still a bit silly and completely disregards the fact that the contract was fulfilled, but it's not nearly as dramatic as the articles and also some fans on social media make it sound.
In music, contracts are rarely perceived as being fulfilled per se. They are often expected to provide some reference for the next contract negotiations. I anticipate that’s what Morrissey hoped for, though I doubt he invested too much in the idea of such widespread practices actually applying to him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom