BMG's Korda Marshall mentions Morrissey in question about taking risk

Not too unexpected or strange at all, but there is a brief Moz mention in Music Week from last month’s issue in an interview with Korda Marshall. (It’s behind a paywall, but a great family friend who works in music publishing was kind enough to screenshot it for me!)

42261_korda_marshall_musicweek.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
POTTY MOUTH !!

Can we all just get along?

Alternatively, Ketamine Sun and Swift Eclipse could get stark naked, their skin glistening in baby oil and vegan honey and then fight to the death on the mean melancholy moors in the climax to Black Panther II : Mozzer Strikes Backside. Winner gets to rule the Luddite monarchy Wahlee Free Range where bequiffed humasexuals roam free, as free as their wind blows, as free as their ass grows...and you'll never have to carry your own bags ever again...

It seems that there are a lot of persons here who are by far better than Korda Marshall when it comes to knowing what is a good investment and what isn't...

They probably know more about chess than Kasparov too. You shouldn't discuss with such "experts". :crazy:

f*** you douchebag. :thumb:

Yes, Bob Clearmountain is going to save this album and Morrissey's career. o_O

Korda made a bad gamble and is paying for it. Moz is done at BMG. Period. Now it's back to looking for another indie sucker to pony up.

MORRISSEY WILL NEVER HAVE A "HIT" AGAIN. Not in the real sense of the term. Sure, "Spent..." made a moderate showing in England on Moz's personal scale, but for other artists this is considered a failure.

How do you know all this, do you work within the music industry, inside knowledge??

Yes, Bob Clearmountain is going to save this album and Morrissey's career. o_O
Korda made a bad gamble and is paying for it. Moz is done at BMG. Period. Now it's back to looking for another indie sucker to pony up.
MORRISSEY WILL NEVER HAVE A "HIT" AGAIN. Not in the real sense of the term. Sure, "Spent..." made a moderate showing in England on Moz's personal scale, but for other artists this is considered a failure.
he ever had a hit single before?
I mean, a real big hit in the charts, not a popular song for the fans...

You're meant to f*** off douchebag. :tiphat:

Err... don't send me private messages with even more insults... anyway, I discovered that the forum allowed me to block future private messages from you.

Have a nice life with your shitty gun and your brave macho attitude whilst you simply post insults on forums.

How do you know all this, do you work within the music industry, inside knowledge??

It's just common sense. Which is highly uncommon in the music industry. It's unwise to bet on the same bad horse twice. Delusional people around here that are desperate for Moz to be successful (as if they benefit from this somehow) are hoping that the new mix of this song will somehow make a big difference. It won't. What they can't seem to allow themselves to understand is that Morrissey is a falling star. The good times are long over. The hits ain't a comin'. Why anyone cares about that anyway is unfathomable. All that's left to see is the shadow of greatness that once was.

Err... don't send me private messages with even more insults... anyway, I discovered that the forum allowed me to block future private messages from you.

Have a nice life with your shitty gun and your brave macho attitude whilst you simply post insults on forums.

Sounds like you are well on your way to f***ing off like I suggested.

It's just common sense. Which is highly uncommon in the music industry. It's unwise to bet on the same bad horse twice. Delusional people around here that are desperate for Moz to be successful (as if they benefit from this somehow) are hoping that the new mix of this song will somehow make a big difference. It won't. What they can't seem to allow themselves to understand is that Morrissey is a falling star. The good times are long over. The hits ain't a comin'. Why anyone cares about that anyway is unfathomable. All that's left to see is the shadow of greatness that once was.

Your foolishness is quite frightening. If the album is a commercial failure, it's going to be a very long time before the next one. If it isn't, we'll have one very soon. That's why people care about this. Anyone who cannot understand this must be an absolute f***wit.
People who like Morrissey's songs benefit when a new album comes out because they get to enjoy a new batch of songs - not because they benefit financially if it sells well or gets to the top of the chart.
There are 6 more songs completed. Chiccarelli said just a few weeks ago that they are due to go back to finish off a new album shortly. That will only happen (and get released by BMG) if Low in High School sells enough copies.

Your foolishness is quite frightening. If the album is a commercial failure, it's going to be a very long time before the next one. If it isn't, we'll have one very soon. That's why people care about this. Anyone who cannot understand this must be an absolute f***wit.
People who like Morrissey's songs benefit when a new album comes out because they get to enjoy a new batch of songs - not because they benefit financially if it sells well or gets to the top of the chart.
There are 6 more songs completed. Chiccarelli said just a few weeks ago that they are due to go back to finish off a new album shortly. That will only happen (and get released by BMG) if Low in High School sells enough copies.

You're the fool. The album is a failure. Thus, the last ditch attempt at bringing in Bob Clearmountain.

he ever had a hit single before?
I mean, a real big hit in the charts, not a popular song for the fans...

"The more you ignore me..." is his highest single on the main Billboard magazine chart in the U.S.
It peaked at number 46 and was played on mainstream radio stations not just Alternative ones.
This was a first for him and a last. So in this sense, yes, he had a hit. It is not an easy thing to do to be played on "Top 40" radio in the U.S. and it happened briefly for Moz.

As far as true "hits" go, only the U.S. matters, especially for English singers. If you haven't made an impact here you're not truly successful. Having a hit in England, even a number 1, is only really worth anything if it gets you a chance to break it big in the states. Everybody in the world wants to be big here. That means you have finally "made it". Just ask Adele.

As far as true "hits" go, only the U.S. matters, especially for English singers. If you haven't made an impact here you're not truly successful. Having a hit in England, even a number 1, is only really worth anything if it gets you a chance to break it big in the states. Everybody in the world wants to be big here. That means you have finally "made it". Just ask Adele.

Ah, obsessed with chart places and Adele. Just like the site's self-styled megatroll BrummieBoy - though fortunately he is away writing to Trump and pursuing his music career...

Oh and don't send me any more abusive private messages. It only makes you seem like more of a creep than you already do.

Ah, obsessed with chart places and Adele. Just like the site's self-styled megatroll BrummieBoy - though fortunately he is away writing to Trump and pursuing his music career...

Oh and don't send me any more abusive private messages. It only makes you seem like more of a creep than you already do.

I was answering a direct question to SOMEONE ELSE. I don't care about charts or Adele. I don't care about Brummieboy or Trump. I WILL send you whatever I like and be anything I want around here. Take your words and shove them where the sun doesn't shine out of your behind, Orson SMELLS.
I don't like you or your friends so piss off and ignore me. You douche.

"The more you ignore me..." is his highest single on the main Billboard magazine chart in the U.S.
It peaked at number 46 and was played on mainstream radio stations not just Alternative ones.
This was a first for him and a last. So in this sense, yes, he had a hit. It is not an easy thing to do to be played on "Top 40" radio in the U.S. and it happened briefly for Moz.

Only the US matters? Not always true. Look at Kylie and Robbie Williams - two names most Americans have never heard of and they seem to be doing OK. And groups like James or Texas - again, hardly known in the US and have a big following outside the USA. Germany, France, UK, and Japan are all major markets where you can sell well without the support of the US.

Is the rumored album simply contract fulfillment? Is it a two album deal? Because while he doesn't exactly seem to be on fire lately, I'm sure he's all riled up and ready to pull out the poison pen.

Now what rhymes with Der Schpiegel...

Almost Completely Excrement?
Nope, just a fantastic album that I still have on constant rotation. One of my very favs from ole Mozzer.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom