Bob Mortimer mentions dinner with Morrissey

"Waayyy, I dooo declare... Tha's as fresh as a good ol' piece o' momma's pumpkin pie."

Christ...í used to love this man. Genius flowed like wine between Vic & him, back in the day ~ pure Northern surreal runtery. Comedy as Art. Not like nowadays ~ a corporate, industrial career, with the masses shelling out £70 to watch The Talent on a video wall, in a hangar, and then buy the dvd for xmas. £70 to hear some Bloke be slightly less funny than your funniest mate down the pub.
Now, he does...this?
And it wasn't Morrissey's house he had dinner in, it was Hook End Manor Recording Studio, in 1990.
í think bob was gently pissed as a fart for about 2 years in the early Nineties. Which is a strategy...

I'm gonna listen to some new music instead of an interview with a comedian who isn't funny any more.

I sat next to Bob watching Morrissey at Leicester De Montfort Hall. I'm glad Morrissey didn't have caterers in for a dinner party. It was clearly staff at the recording studio. Slightly different.

I sat next to Bob watching Morrissey at Leicester De Montfort Hall. I'm glad Morrissey didn't have caterers in for a dinner party. It was clearly staff at the recording studio. Slightly different.

Moz used to have a personal chef in those days. Other people have mentioned it in interviews (e.g. Andy Rourke, I think).

Back
Top Bottom