Boogaloo Radio / Mixcloud: Alain Whyte interview with lots of Moz mentions (January 7, 2020)

20200108_103246.jpg

https://m.mixcloud.com/BoogalooRadio/alain-whyte-on-hamill-time-with-julie-hamill-ep-32/

I'm happy to share this as I listened at the time - a very interesting interview with Alain.
Kudos to him for how open he was.
Very much worth a listen.
Alain chats in between music choices.
Particularly struck by how "Tell Me" sounds like a Morrissey era track.
I wish he'd write a book.

Thanks to Boogaloo radio.
Regards,
FWD.

(Placed in General due to the amount of Morrissey content).

o_O

Very annoying.:straightface:
MOZ MOZ MOZ MOZ
MOZ MOZ MOZ MOZ

and Le Pew looks so so very young:crazy:

no pr person-maybe 'nerak' can grab the job and together hit rock bottom

very annoying AlainT maybe the time has come for getting a job along with LePew
DH Andy and FH Mike, all haplessesly twatting off Moz.:lbf:

I thought it was really nice that there was messages of best wishes from Jonny Bridgewood,Spencer, Gary Day and especially Boz.

I suspected there may have been some bad feeling between Boz and Alain at the end but I'm glad this doesn't seem to be the case.

very good listen,songwriting process,style,pranks and a good M impersonation.julie always gets the best out of her guests.

o_O

Very annoying.:straightface:
MOZ MOZ MOZ MOZ
MOZ MOZ MOZ MOZ

and Le Pew looks so so very young:crazy:

no pr person-maybe 'nerak' can grab the job and together hit rock bottom

very annoying AlainT maybe the time has come for getting a job along with LePew
DH Andy and FH Mike, all haplessesly twatting off Moz.:lbf:

No.

Oh, this was definitely worth listening to. Didn’t realise Al was such the prankster.
I enjoyed the anecdotes.

Whyte seems like a cool guy and he's obviously an incredible musician, and he's co-written many of my favorite songs. But his lyrics are the worst lyrics I have ever heard in my entire life. I just can't even believe what I am hearing. And I say this as a music fan and as a songwriter myself of the past 20 years. Not that I know what I'm talking about, but the vocal phrasings, choice of words, etc, it all is just incredibly terrible to me, like seems like lyrics from somebody's junior high notebook. I am genuinely in shock at this. There's no layers, there's no poetry, there's no cleverness, there's no fascinating details or nouns or places or people or things, everything is just so bland and on the nose and it is a shame, because I would love to support his solo material after all the years of wonderful music. I can't sit through a single song I've heard.

Whyte seems like a cool guy and he's obviously an incredible musician, and he's co-written many of my favorite songs. But his lyrics are the worst lyrics I have ever heard in my entire life. I just can't even believe what I am hearing. And I say this as a music fan and as a songwriter myself of the past 20 years. Not that I know what I'm talking about, but the vocal phrasings, choice of words, etc, it all is just incredibly terrible to me, like seems like lyrics from somebody's junior high notebook. I am genuinely in shock at this. There's no layers, there's no poetry, there's no cleverness, there's no fascinating details or nouns or places or people or things, everything is just so bland and on the nose and it is a shame, because I would love to support his solo material after all the years of wonderful music. I can't sit through a single song I've heard.
What is the meaning of life? So profound

hmmmm quite a predicament for AlainT:expressionless:
maybe the solution would be to bring the 'young looking dweeb', Le Pew to add some more lyricals layers of
'hello goodbye goodbye hello hi hi hi hello hello hello!' lyrics.:grinning:

I thought it was really nice that there was messages of best wishes from Jonny Bridgewood,Spencer, Gary Day and especially Boz.

I suspected there may have been some bad feeling between Boz and Alain at the end but I'm glad this doesn't seem to be the case.

Yes, it was good to hear. Just in case anyone else missed it, here are Alain's responses about catching up with The Lads and his most recent contact with Morrissey.

Alain: "I speak quite often with Spencer and Gary on the phone. We catch up with Boz a little bit as well."
Julie: "Have you heard from Morrissey recently?"
Alain: "I received really nice e-mails around four or five months ago. I told him I just released The Experiment EP and did a video. Moz wrote back, "Can I see the video?" I sent him a link to the video and he replied, "Wow. You must be proud. Your voice sounds really good. You still look the same."

Yes, it was good to hear. Just in case anyone else missed it, here are Alain's responses about catching up with The Lads and his most recent contact with Morrissey.

Alain: "I speak quite often with Spencer and Gary on the phone. We catch up with Boz a little bit as well."
Julie: "Have you heard from Morrissey recently?"
Alain: "I received really nice e-mails around four or five months ago. I told him I just released The Experiment EP and did a video. Moz wrote back, "Can I see the video?" I sent him a link to the video and he replied, "Wow. You must be proud. Your voice sounds really good. You still look the same."

:thumb:

Yes. Contrary to popular belief here, Morrissey is actually a very kind and generous person.

:thumb:

Yes. Contrary to popular belief here, Morrissey is actually a very kind and generous person.

I think he is genuinely shy & would rather talk to people via email or letter where there's no pressure to keep up the conversation or do anything. It's like Life Fright instead of Stage Fright.

I think he is genuinely shy & would rather talk to people via email or letter where there's no pressure to keep up the conversation or do anything. It's like Life Fright instead of Stage Fright.

Same can be said about many. He does seem to keep those around him that he’s familiar with, comfortable with, winning his trust. I think most can relate to wanting to be around those that one would actually have something of similar interests to talk about. Never a awkward pause in the conversations I’ve had with him, definitely not shy.

Same can be said about many. He does seem to keep those around him that he’s familiar with, comfortable with, winning his trust. I think most can relate to wanting to be around those that one would actually have something of similar interests to talk about. Never a awkward pause in the conversations I’ve had with him, definitely not shy.

True - my worst nightmare is thinking of an ice-breaker with someone I know nothing about (esp. if they expect me to know something about them). What did you talk about????

True - my worst nightmare is thinking of an ice-breaker with someone I know nothing about (esp. if they expect me to know something about them). What did you talk about????

Music, films, etc. Some chitchat in general, but never boring. Usually humorous. Not unlike having a conversation with another human being
that you have similar interests with and whose opinions you value or at least will take into consideration.

Music, films, etc. Some chitchat in general, but never boring. Usually humorous. Not unlike having a conversation with another human being
that you have similar interests with and whose opinions you value or at least will take into consideration.

he sounds nice then! I have no luck with musicians - I once tried to work my way across a room to talk to Brett Anderson & couldn't get past Roy Hattersley & John Curtice (polls, yay).

Alain mentions Boz in the interview.
They were subsequently reunited yesterday for the funeral of Boz's mother Jean.
Whilst obviously a private matter, Lyn shared the following images publicly via the record shop & FB:

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom