Booky Wook 2

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
I hear that there's a Moz chapter in the new Russell Brand book out today, including some 'funny e-mails'. I'm off to get it. See ya later.

P.

Well, I've got it here, and it's quite jolly. Nearly all the permissions are to quote from Smiths songs; the chapter on the death threats is hilarious; nice picture of him trying to get into Morrissey's mind; the whole Opportunity Sucks chapter is a must for Moz fans - the e-mails back and forth are hilarious. Each picture has a link to an audio commentary - here's the Morrissey one - http://www.russellbrand.tv/caption/clip-25/.

All in all, for Moz fans, it looks like a good read. Back later.

P.

Last edited:
I don't want to spoil the book for you, but I must tell you about one of the best Morrissey-related quotes I've ever read. After the 'Wrestle With Russell" recording....

"...(Morrissey) sent me a beautiful basket of fruit. The grapes formed a glorious centrepiece in an orgy I was involved with that day, inspiring the unforgettable line 'I can't believe I've had a Morrissey grape in my ass!'. I informed Morrissey of this titbit via email. 'That's not the first time I've heard that', he responded.

P.

Thanks, Uncleskinny. I think because of the recent cancellations, we can all use a good laugh.

Any more tidbits you can share would be appreciated.

Morrissey's grape in my ass?! Wow!

I don't want to spoil the book for you, but I must tell you about one of the best Morrissey-related quotes I've ever read. After the 'Wrestle With Russell" recording....

"...(Morrissey) sent me a beautiful basket of fruit. The grapes formed a glorious centrepiece in an orgy I was involved with that day, inspiring the unforgettable line 'I can't believe I've had a Morrissey grape in my ass!'. I informed Morrissey of this titbit via email. 'That's not the first time I've heard that', he responded.

P.

:lbf: this is brilliant.

Surely no-one out there still thinks he's straight...

Brilliant!

Im going to see Russel next week in manchester, hopefully he'll tell some more moz stories

P.
He is so ostentatious. "Oh, it just so happened that day I found myself in the midst of an orgy..." Save us.

P.

:laughing:

Ok, this may or may not be true but one of my friends is at Russel's book launch thing tonight, and has text me saying Moz is there. His exact words were "Morrissey is sat about fifteen metres to my right". So either this is an elaborate wind up by my friend which I doubt - he's not going to bother doing that in the middle of a night out, or Moz is healthy, happy, out and about and *gasp* enjoying himself! If this turns out to be true can we put the 'Morrissey is at death's door' rumours to bed once and for all?

Try not to rip me to shreds if this turns out to be crap though?

Russell plays about 7 Smiths songs before he comes on stage. A real fan. I recommend his first book.

Yeah, when I saw him in Manchester a few years back every song was morrissey or the smiths from when I arrived to when he came on stage, wasn't even just the greatest hits neither

I've finally figured out why I don't like Brand (despite finding what he says fairly amusing and his deification of Morrissey a good thing) -- his mouth naturally turns down. I feel sorry for people born with mouths like that. Superficial, I know.

Cripes thats a bit harsh re: downturned mouth!!

Anyway Russell Bland is doing the interview rounds. (Note to Moz this is how to do publicity! Get engaged to an American bird with big knockers and insult ex-comedy stars and then write a.n.other book)

look he's being interviewed by Paxman tonight on Newsnight. FFS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9052567.stm

I was being (mostly) facetious about the mouth. Sounded like something he might say.
He's fine but I've never understood rock stars who don't actually perform music.

Cripes thats a bit harsh re: downturned mouth!!

Anyway Russell Bland is doing the interview rounds. (Note to Moz this is how to do publicity! Get engaged to an American bird with big knockers and insult ex-comedy stars and then write a.n.other book)

look he's being interviewed by Paxman tonight on Newsnight. FFS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9052567.stm

Russell Brand is doing a 20 week radio show on TalkSport from Saturday 9th October ( don't know what time but will be an evening show). He will have guests such as Jonathan Ross and Noel Gallagher.
It may be worth keeping a check to see if Morrissey makes an appearance?

I was being (mostly) facetious about the mouth. Sounded like something he might say.
He's fine but I've never understood rock stars who don't actually perform music.

Well, he isn't a rock star, thats just something the media say. He also (news flash) isn't an artist (of any real worth), or the second coming, as he like to say.
He is, though, a talented stand up (or used to be). I like him, I think he is one of our country's brighter entertainers.
That said his choice of films lack any merit what so ever, basically he can't act and his choice of films are flimsy to say the least.
I watched him on News Night t'other night and as usual he was quick of thought and well spoken but had nothing to say,he just spouted a mixture of rubbish, well worn truths and knowledge anyone can gain from the mind and body section of Watersones.

He has, done a lot of PR work for our Moz, more so than most PR companies and in a time when the media world have little love or use for Moz someone like him is worth their weight in Prada
Fame,fame fatal fame

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom