Bootleg help: ok downloading is one thing

bastowe

...but what if one wanted to get old bootlegs (Thank Your Lucky Stars, in particular) on vinyl, how do you start? Where do you go? Who do you need to know? (Sorry, couldn't resist!) I read that Thank Your Lucky Stars was issued on vinyl and I'd love a copy.

This is my first time posting, so I hope I'm not breaking some sort of etiquette rule or repeating an old question...

Thanks!

Bootlegs are often sold at eBay.

Also you should check Marketplace forum.
Someone posted a thread in there for sale of his bootleg vinyls.

Thanks folks. I appreciate the tips. I'll keep my eyes peeled for ebay, maybe put in an ebay alert, etc.

I was only partially correct...Thank Your Lucky stars, according to passionsjustlikemine, was released on vinyl as Brighter Sides to Life, along with two 45's.

I'll keep looking!

Again, thanks.

Defnly keep an eye on Ebay...often find good Moz boots on there..also cheaper than alot of record stores.

Bootleg collecting has changed alot in the 2000's with the advent of home made CD-R and DVD-R bootlegs. When I started in the early 90s it was often hard to find them but worth the search and despite costing a bit of dosh you often had the items many other fans didn't and some were pressed in beautiful packaging whilst others were very slap and tickle.

A good book to read is BOOTLEG: The Rise & Fall Of The Secret Recording Industry. A boss read and a good eye opener into how they have evolved.

I prefer vinyl instead of cd or downloadable tracks, however, all things I have in viny-cdl I have in mp3 format because I can put them in to my cell phone.

Back
Top Bottom