Morrissey Central "BORN SORRY" (August 19, 2020)

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

People are psychoanalyse Morrissey like you know him.
You don’t.
Seems like some on here have no lives of your own, to be honest. Girlafraid. You make out likes he’s a close relative and you know the ins and outs of him and his thought process. Sorry, you don’t. You might have read a book or 2, and been to a couple of gig but, it stops there.

🤒

i think you spotted a new Fake Cham log in.:blushing:
as we know here, Fake Cham knows everything about everyone, and everything, despite not being able to afford new shoes. Shoes have holes in them.:(

Morrissey couldn't be more British

I reckon oh really. Do Brittish people release a self titled album called California Son, live a million miles away from Brittin in L.A., play basketball, surf, get cold and cancel concerts when the temperature drops below 60 degrees, and have Roman Catholic saints all over their house and social media? You are so delusional.

Last edited:
I love Morrissey.

And will always hear his voice & think of him kindly.

Benjamin Britten once said of Kathleen Ferrier that the first time he heard her voice, he just knew that she was a good person, "A Voice is a Person" Etc.

Despite all, í still believe this of Moz.

Flame on, if you will...

People are psychoanalyse Morrissey like you know him.

Guilty as charged. I used to do that a bit. I thought I understood what he said. Then he started writing books and from the bits I read, I realized I had no clue what he was raving about, that there was this whole unintelligible side to him I'd never really noticed. Then came the Central posts, like this one, and I came to the conclusion he didn't really want to communicate with the outside world.
Except to say thanks for the flowers and warn us he's going to enrol in the navy, or something (maybe just cross the Atlantic and f*** off back to America).

So I wouldn"t dream of saying I know him in the smallest way. It's funny though, the way people seem familiar one minute and complete strangers the next. And the way it's all in our heads.

As far as psychoanalyzing peeps, I do that with everyone, popstars, family members, random dudes on the street...
I used to try and read my pet's thoughts when I was a kid, so any shrink would tell you it's too late for me now ;)

I'm sorry Morrissey's mum had a terrible death. I just hope he's being hyperbolic again, but sadly I really can't tell anymore.

I hope there are people who understand him.

Again a few words too many, which makes this statement unclear . But that's Morrissey all over .

...we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed...
It doesn't sound like a death wish to me, just that he can't wait to flee England and get back to his tax exile life abroad.

Morrissey said:
for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed
He's had an estimate for the inheritance tax, and now he's grieving twice over.

Oh dear. Special dispensation at this time, obviously, but it's horrible to hear the complaints about being overtaxed. Vote for the far right, folks. They'll slash the taxes for our struggling multimillionaire pop stars.

Benjamin Britten once said of Kathleen Ferrier that the first time he heard her voice, he just knew that she was a good person, "A Voice is a Person" Etc.

Despite all, í still believe this of Moz.

Flame on, if you will...

Oooooh how profoundly insightful! No, not really, I lied. In fact, none of what you said is exactly novel.

What I really want to know is why does he so desperately want fame for his mother? That is so bizarre. What meaning woukd that bring to his relationship with her and his loss? Does he imagine himself to be some kind of legendary god?? Why does the world have to weep and wail for her? Unseemly is what it is.

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

It's very lonesome but love is all that matters and is in fact the only thing that's real. The dead are never far from us anyway.

There's a lot of guilt & anguish there - but he's ended on love, so I think he'll get through.

Do you really think he’ll pull through?

Do you really think he’ll pull through?

Doooooooooo. Oooooooooo. Oooooooooo

Should we whisper bye bye to Steve this could be serious.

🇬🇧 :knife:

Guilty as charged. I used to do that a bit. I thought I understood what he said. Then he started writing books and from the bits I read, I realized I had no clue what he was raving about, that there was this whole unintelligible side to him I'd never really noticed. Then came the Central posts, like this one, and I came to the conclusion he didn't really want to communicate with the outside world.
Except to say thanks for the flowers and warn us he's going to enrol in the navy, or something (maybe just cross the Atlantic and f*** off back to America).

So I wouldn"t dream of saying I know him in the smallest way. It's funny though, the way people seem familiar one minute and complete strangers the next. And the way it's all in our heads.

As far as psychoanalyzing peeps, I do that with everyone, popstars, family members, random dudes on the street...
I used to try and read my pet's thoughts when I was a kid, so any shrink would tell you it's too late for me now ;)

I'm sorry Morrissey's mum had a terrible death. I just hope he's being hyperbolic again, but sadly I really can't tell anymore.

I hope there are people who understand him.
He’s not being hyperbolic. He’s being the ill-raised, narcissistic brat he’s always been. You lot have sent flowers, at his request. ...but THAT’s not enough. He want the press. He wants the front page in Poland.

Hey Morrissey - sorry your mom died. Happens to ALL OF US. ...and raising a toddler-man like you is hardly something to celebrate.

Grow the f*** up, or hit the river covered in lead.

If nothing else it's fascinating to watch a man, who for all of his artistic life has described every minor setback in his life in overblown, melodramatic, tragic terms, deal with an actual tragedy in his life. My view is that a period of dignified silence on his part would not go amiss right now.
It’s my view that a dignified silence would do you no harm at all.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom