Morrissey Central "BORN SORRY" (August 19, 2020)

The text is dated 17 August.

"BORN SORRY
August 19, 2020

full

I thought perhaps I’d expressed enough defective needle gratitude for the flowers arriving at the house and adorning the gates and walls for my mother’s terrible, terrible death. I find I must say more - because they keep coming … from all over the world … Israel, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, Poland, Italy … communicating, in their way, a whole sense of truth, one that perhaps tells us that there is no reasonable explanation how love comes and goes.
The death of our mothers somehow tend to clear the ground for some form of reconstruction. Although technically past adolescence, this does not apply to me. See, the sea wants to take me, and let that be the boy’s traditional right, for we all have no interest in hanging around in order to be overtaxed, or to be repeatedly bashed about the head by the Idiot Culture that now rules England with an iron rod.
Had my mother been the mother of some politely antiseptic Hell-given pop star, her passing would be known to all and she would light up the New York Film Festival of 2020. But, no.

However, Love is all that matters, and those who resist it are the losers.

Morrissey
17 August 2020"

I might remind you that Morrissey has not obligated you to do anything. This is all playing out in your head. And it’s sounding increasingly bitter.

You don’t have to choose this path.
No. Morrissey cannot obligate anyone to do anything. ...but he can whine and gripe, like a little bitch - which is EXACTLY what he’s doing here.

Poem: 'Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone'

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He/She Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He/She was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

W H Auden

Morrissey's mother Elizabeth ('Betty') was his North, his South, his East and West, his working week and his Sunday rest, his noon, his midnight, his talk, his song! Morrissey's mother Elizabeth ('Betty') was his rock, his best friend, his everything! That deep intense beautiful love WILL last forever because people live on in our hearts and in our thoughts and memories. That is a strong love that will never die. If there is a flag in Manchester or Cheshire maybe they could fly it at half-mast/half-staff out of respect.

HOLD UP! Is he really complaining about the no coverage in the media... that’s really should be the last of his worries, wow...that quite unnecessary !

Last edited:
My heart goes out to Morrissey and his family. It`s difficult to lose a loved one and even more difficult when it`s one you are so close to and one who always supported you and believed in you. I hope Morrissey finds peace and consolation in this really difficult time.

Reading "Born Sorry" {© Catholic Church} í find Friendly Ghosts popping up from that dawning mourning time. Such as that nascent notion of the comings and goings of love.
When one kisses one's Mother's forehead, dead, as the summer dawn chorus sings into life outside; where does all that life, all that love, go? It can't just stop. Can it?

And in the weeks following, you receive love from those around you, and those who knew her, and it helps. But you don't want it. All you want is the love from the one that is no longer there. 'There is no reasonable explanation'. You must take love wherever you can find it.

Casper memories too of other people's ideas of reconstruction and freedom ~ motherless birds fly high etc ~ but feeling more aligned to that 'traditional right' of the felo de se version of freedom.

í have no memories of the NYFF. But each to their own.

And Love is all that matters. Now, and then.

I cannot imagine the pain. My mother is all I have and when she goes I don’t know what I’ll do. I can relate to his message 100%.

Life is very long when you’re lonely ☹️
Have you purposely pushed everyone in your life away and used your self-created loneliness as a marketing tool?

Have you cried out, “Nobody understands me!”?

You may be a prime candidate for the Steven P. Morrissey Academy of Social Arts. The recently refurbished (former Trump University) campus is due to open in the spring of 2021. Upgrades include a golden safe-space for lilies, a Beyond Meat food-court and buffet - with Kerrygold statue, a teardrop waterfall and triple the sanitary napkin dispensers.

Application fee is $3500. Apply now and, for a limited time - you’ll get not one but 2 complimentary tickets to a cancelled gig and a copy of Morrissey’s autobiography and OUTSTANDING first novel. Plus! ...apply now and receive a complimentary bookmark set, embossed with the 30 year impressions of Moz’ hairstyle decay.

Don’t delay! Apply now!!! If you don’t like bookmarks, simply wrap them up in the ills of the world and dump ‘em on a doorstep, girl.

I totally understand Morrissey's grief. I was there. But as I see it one single flower in his mom's gate sended by a common person is worth more than all the media coverage that money and power can buy. Why? Because those people didn't have to. They did it for love. Love has its own logic and it doesn't have anything to do with numbers and media coverage. A person who is loved by another person has it all.

Reading "Born Sorry" {© Catholic Church} í find Friendly Ghosts popping up from that dawning mourning time. Such as that nascent notion of the comings and goings of love.
When one kisses one's Mother's forehead, dead, as the summer dawn chorus sings into life outside; where does all that life, all that love, go? It can't just stop. Can it?

And in the weeks following, you receive love from those around you, and those who knew her, and it helps. But you don't want it. All you want is the love from the one that is no longer there. 'There is no reasonable explanation'. You must take love wherever you can find it.

Casper memories too of other people's ideas of reconstruction and freedom ~ motherless birds fly high etc ~ but feeling more aligned to that 'traditional right' of the felo de se version of freedom.

í have no memories of the NYFF. But each to their own.

And Love is all that matters. Now, and then.

No, taut skin is all that matters. Now, and then.

I'm very sorry for his loss, but this is quite an odd statement, if typically Morrissey - thanking fans for the flowers, then immediately complaining about imagined slights. I suspect that in a future post he'll be moaning about the fact that the funeral wasn't covered by the British press with the same fervour as that of Princess Diana.

Have you purposely pushed everyone in your life away and used your self-created loneliness as a marketing tool?

Have you cried out, “Nobody understands me!”?

You may be a prime candidate for the Steven P. Morrissey Academy of Social Arts. The recently refurbished (former Trump University) campus is due to open in the spring of 2021. Upgrades include a golden safe-space for lilies, a Beyond Meat food-court and buffet - with Kerrygold statue, a teardrop waterfall and triple the sanitary napkin dispensers.

Application fee is $3500. Apply now and, for a limited time - you’ll get not one but 2 complimentary tickets to a cancelled gig and a copy of Morrissey’s autobiography and OUTSTANDING first novel. Plus! ...apply now and receive a complimentary bookmark set, embossed with the 30 year impressions of Moz’ hairstyle decay.

Don’t delay! Apply now!!! If you don’t like bookmarks, simply wrap them up in the ills of the world and dump ‘em on a doorstep, girl.
Thanks for the hurtful reply.

you people are all pathetic and those of you who buy into his melodrama are enablers. the best course of action would be to ignore it. "thats how people grow up".
We should all be busy congratulating you on your newly acquired coat.

Darling stay strong, you are in grief! Time is a great healer although that sounds a bit obvious.
At the moment you can't see woods for trees, right?
You are not alone in grief always remember others suffer too.

I am loosing a 30 year marriage! I am beside myself. I too shall be alone and in my mid life. You however, are surrounded by Love. Feel that Love accept that Love! Meditation whilst hard with grief may help. Your friend Russell can help you with this, as he does me. If you ever want a talk, I am here, I might be a nobody but, I care greatly for you. Please Please don't do anything stupid! I love you see, Im in Liverpool. Look under Phaedra vintage clothing. Castro sends a kiss or a lick
he's a cat.
Keep going as ----- we must!!!!

Omg calm your tits. The sea wants to take me is a metaphor for crying salty tears. He’s not going to kill himself jesus.

Darling you are in grief,
Please don't do anything silly!! Please. Please meditate go within.
I am meditating with Russell, Erkhart and Muji. Please join me.
Nothing can take away your pain, only time! I have been through so much also about to end my 30year marriage. My son in California so so sad myself, as I am now alone too.

I care deeply about you as others do. This will get better, it won't go away, but you can walk along side your sorrow. Stay strong. I know as I lost my father.
I am here if you would take a chance on a wise stranger, who's been through death, separation and depression.
Please contact me. Im in Liverpool, so I am only down the road.
Formby beach and woods are both private and healing, if you fancy some fresh air and a talk.
(Contact - look under Phaedra vintage clothing) whilst gone now. Im sure you can easily find me. (Don't scoff) I am here! I Love and care about you!

Castro Dans cat sends a licky kiss as do I. xxx

Moz will out live us all!! Not dissing his well meaning and concerned fans but these Central posts are now bordering on histrionic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom