Boston Orpheum Theatre (Dec. 7) cancelled "due to illness in the touring party" according to FB page

Orpheum Theatre posted in the FB event that the show has been cancelled.

Orpheum Theatre Boston
It is with great regret that we must inform you that tomorrow evening’s Morrissey performance at The Orpheum has been cancelled due to illness in the touring party. The Orpheum team apologizes greatly for this disappointment and wishes those who are ill a speedy recovery. Refunds are available at point of purchase.

Link posted by grlmopz:

Morrissey has cancelled his Boston show at The Orpheum - Vanyaland

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Stop giving Morrissey free pass to spew hatred by Jed Gottlieb - Boston Herald

Last edited by a moderator:
wow! am I glad my sf show went on. it seems to be good to see him at the beginning of the tour. have a better chance it will happen

Our US days draw to a close

He regularly drinks a 5th of vodka and this may explain his erratic behaviour

Boz Boorer is also a very heavy drinker 8 to 10 pints a night. This explains his increasing waistline over the years. This group needs a serious intervention and should attend a local AA meeting

Regards,
FWD.

I am not the op, but I have also heard stories about him getting raging drunk with band members, at least while on tour, so there must be some grain of truth to these rumours. I have heard these things from very legitimate sources too, so I have no doubt that they are true. I have not heard about him being a nasty drunk though, unlike some other members of the band... He may be, or he may not, not many people would know (or at least spill out it). I do know he drinks himself into a stupor at least occasionally, but don't a lot of us? I am certainly guilty of that every now and then.

very legitimate sources......Well, are you gonna name them? You sound like a tabloid.

Our drinking days draw to a close

Interesting, the venue expresses great regret about the cancellation but Morrissey doesn't express anything. Anything wrong with that picture?

Interesting, the venue expresses great regret about the cancellation but Morrissey doesn't express anything. Anything wrong with that picture?

nah, he's just looking for the right words to soothe your troubled mind. :rolleyes:

The Boston Herald is suitably annoyed:

Stop giving Morrissey free pass to spew hatred.

"The King of the Trolls title is hard to win. Between professional Russian tweeters and amateur armies of online haters doing battle with everything from CNN to Starbucks, there is no shortage of competition. But even in this crowded field, Morrissey shines like a true champion.

If you haven’t been following the exploits of the former Smiths’ frontman, let’s fill you in: Recently the singer played blame the victim while talking about the Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein scandals. Morrissey didn’t side with abusers, but hinted victims encouraged them or didn’t do enough to dissuade them."

http://www.bostonherald.com/enterta...top_giving_morrissey_free_pass_to_spew_hatred

Regards,
FWD.

'Morrissey didn’t side with abusers, but hinted victims encouraged them or didn’t do enough to dissuade them."

f***ing idiots. Yeah, that's EXACTLY what Morrissey 'hinted' the victims did. NICE ONE :thumb: Boston Herald, and no I'm not going to read the rest of your invented click-bait. Almost stopped at 'the former Smiths’ frontman', and I should have.

Are there any proof of this WHATSOEVER or anything substantial to back it up?

NO. Don't believe THIS rubbish as well as the ANONYMOUS poster above, who basically posted something that said 'that someone' - allegedly called Kristeen Young - said "X, Y and Z" because that's not true either !

Don't Believe The Hype,
Hazard
x

NO. Don't believe THIS rubbish as well as the ANONYMOUS poster above, who basically posted something that said 'that someone' - allegedly called Kristeen Young - said "X, Y and Z" because that's not true either !

Don't Believe The Hype,
Hazard
x

How do you know?

The lack of formal notification to ticket-holders is astonishing.

If one was just a regular Boston-area fan who doesn't do Facebook, doesn't come to this website, and doesn't follow local news outlets closely, you'd have no idea that this show isn't happening tonight. I bet there will be people who turn up tonight expecting a show.

If you login to your Ticketmaster account, you will see that the event is marked as cancelled, but I for one have not gotten an email about it.
I got home last night to find a voice message on my home machine from an actual human at TicketBastard telling me that the concert was cancelled. It was nice of them to do that, but really an email would have been sufficient.

I got home last night to find a voice message on my home machine from an actual human at TicketBastard telling me that the concert was cancelled. It was nice of them to do that, but really an email would have been sufficient.

An email finally came at 5:19 pm yesterday, about 24 hours after the Orpheum announced the cancellation. Pretty shoddy work.

An email finally came at 5:19 pm yesterday, about 24 hours after the Orpheum announced the cancellation. Pretty shoddy work.
I agree.
Somewhat unrelatedly, I found it interesting that Philly was postponed whereas Boston was cancelled. Ideas as to when the rescheduled date for Philly will be....as Romeo Void sang "Maybe that's never...never say never"

I agree.
Somewhat unrelatedly, I found it interesting that Philly was postponed whereas Boston was cancelled. Ideas as to when the rescheduled date for Philly will be....as Romeo Void sang "Maybe that's never...never say never"
Philly is now officially cancelled as well.

Posted on YouTube in response to the full NYC video:

Michael Abbott 1 day ago
I live in Boston and tonight's show was cancelled so my friend who was attending with me hung out at my place and we ran this into the BIG TV, Stereo Sound and lost our minds. !! What a set list !! and he sounded like a million bucks. So THANKS for posting this as you allowed us to still see this tour and lift our hearts in song. instead of sinking into despair !VIVA MOZ !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom