Boy George and Culture Club to Reunite For Record and Tour

A

Anonymous

http://www.queerty.com/boy-george-a...e-issues-announce-new-music-and-tour-20140613

Boy George And Culture Club Resolve Issues, Announce New Music And Tour

Boy George and his former Grammy award-winning Culture Club pals announced a reunion tour this week, revealing that the band had moved past the differences that pulled them apart in the late 1980′s.
The band struggled to remain on top when the intimate relationship between Boy George and drummer Jon Moss turned volatile, inspiring more than a few major spats and at least two smash hits, Karma Chameleon and Do You Really Want To Hurt Me.
“He tried to kill me with a plant pot, seriously, from two storeys up, by dropping it on my head,” Moss recalls to the Mirror. “I tried to smoke him out and set fire to him one evening, but it wasn’t very good.” Though the band had reunited for performances since their split in 1986, this is the first time they’ve been back in the studio since 1999.
“We’ve transcended our relationship I think,” George added, “through time.”
Speaking on behalf of the band (as the Mirror notes he always does), George says the reason for the new tour is to take Culture Club’s image to a new level. “For me Culture Club is like this room in my house that was in disarray, left unloved,” he said.
“In the spirit of getting my house in order it was the one room that needed love and attention. The way I finished the band wasn’t the way I wanted it to be.” “I had a very clear vision, though they all felt I was being difficult. I just felt it was our last chance to do this and actually have fun doing it.”
The Culture Club European tour kicks off December 1 at Glasgow SSE. For more information and tickets, visit TicketSoup.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonderful news...been a fan since the beginning. Hope he brings the tour to the States. Saw him just recently solo.

Back
Top Bottom