Boy George tweets love and hate

When Steve Strange died a few years back in 2015 Morrissey added the fade to grey video to his pre show videos, i wonder if he was in touch with that scene during the early days of the Smiths when they were in London ? He must surely would have known Steve in order to add that tribute to him ?

I very much doubt that. A more recent, and more significant death is that of Dave Booth. Dave was a prominent fixture on the Manchester music scene, mainly through his work as a DJ. Morrissey used to attend Pips Disco for the Roxy Room where Dave played the likes of Visage and other post punk / new wave/ goth etc. Dave was a later addition to the turntables, as Alan Maskell was the man responsible for setting up the Rocky Room. On the “alternative” scene it was the go-to place in Manchester for a few years. Pre Hacienda, which totally rewrote the script for the nightclub here. For some at least.

they used to meet all the bands backstage at top of the pops,said they were all very nice to him.steve strange was a legend to me,fashion wise he was amazing.
george loves morrissey,always has.if M ever goes to visit george i would advise him not to stand too close to any radiators.
Quite right, keep away from the radiator, I think George still has terry Waite chained to one!!

When Steve Strange died a few years back in 2015 Morrissey added the fade to grey video to his pre show videos, i wonder if he was in touch with that scene during the early days of the Smiths when they were in London ? He must surely would have known Steve in order to add that tribute to him ?

I doubt it.

Boy George is a massive Moz/Smiths fan, I think he means it.

I know he loves Morrissey.

But as far as I can remember, he’s never said anything negative about Morrissey.

Maybe I missed something that George has said in the past that would explain this tweet ?

And is the tweet the way that he feels or is the tweet a reflection of his observation of others that criticize Morrissey but still continue to listen to his music. Or maybe it’s his observation of the media where certain ‘journalists’
voice their dislike of what Morrissey says, yet they love him because he’s so ‘unsettling’ and he gives them (the ‘journalists’) something to turn into clickbait?

But as far as I can remember, he’s never said anything negative about Morrissey.

Maybe I missed something that George has said in the past that would explain this tweet ?

And is the tweet the way that he feels or is the tweet a reflection of his observation of others that criticize Morrissey but still continue to listen to his music. Or maybe it’s his observation of the media where certain ‘journalists’
voice their dislike of what Morrissey says, yet they love him because he’s so ‘unsettling’ and he gives them (the ‘journalists’) something to turn into clickbait?

People in his notifications either loved Moz & still listened to him or thought he was a terrible person & would have nothing to do with him. I think he was saying they don't have to be that final about it.

George has always been a fan of Steve. Even when it was uncool eg. In the Maladjusted era. But we haven't heard his opinion on Steve since the disastrous recent era. The Die Spiegel era when Steve revealed himself to be a foolish, idiotic liar with repugnant views. He denied making the ugly comments that were attributed to him in the interview, challenged the publication to release the evidence. They did so and were proved 100% right leaving Steve's reputation utterly in tatters. It hasn't recovered and it's likely that it never will.

George has always been a fan of Steve. Even when it was uncool eg. In the Maladjusted era. But we haven't heard his opinion on Steve since the disastrous recent era. The Die Spiegel era when Steve revealed himself to be a foolish, idiotic liar with repugnant views. He denied making the ugly comments that were attributed to him in the interview, challenged the publication to release the evidence. They did so and were proved 100% right leaving Steve's reputation utterly in tatters. It hasn't recovered and it's likely that it never will.

Afraid, you’re wrong.

Boy showing support for Morrissey in 2018 even after the 2017
Der Spiegel :drama: incidents.

People in his notifications either loved Moz & still listened to him or thought he was a terrible person & would have nothing to do with him. I think he was saying they don't have to be that final about it.

Yes, I was thinking that may also be his meaning by the tweet he posted.

There’s a few ways one can read it.

Afraid, you’re wrong.

Boy showing support for Morrissey in 2018 even after the 2017
Der Spiegel :drama: incidents.

Morrissey's reputation will recover. Pull-quotes distort intention & the political situation has changed. It wouldn't take much to reposition him.

Esp after the unequivocal diatribe Wiley (UK rapper) went on for HOURS on Twitter & Instagram. Morrissey's handful of clumsy quotes looks like nothing & there was some obvious silence on the issue from people who normally rage over their timelines when this kind of thing happens.

This wee meme has been circulating (I'm generally always in the How Disappointing camp, even if I don't like them. I worry).

IMG_20200725_204250.jpg

Morrissey's reputation will recover. Pull-quotes distort intention & the political situation has changed. It wouldn't take much to reposition him.

Esp after the unequivocal diatribe Wiley (UK rapper) went on for HOURS on Twitter & Instagram. Morrissey's handful of clumsy quotes looks like nothing & there was some obvious silence on the issue from people who normally rage over their timelines when this kind of thing happens.

This wee meme has been circulating (I'm generally always in the How Disappointing camp, even if I don't like them. I worry).

View attachment 58098

He will recover and I will help him. You losers heard it here first

Last edited:
Dream collaboration right now: Moz and Wiley.

Boy George is welcome to do backing vocals - if he's feeling dangerous.

Dream collaboration right now: Moz and Wiley.

Boy George is welcome to do backing vocals - if he's feeling dangerous.

You hate black people.

Did you have to Google that after my post? Or do you just magically manifest whenever a race based controversy gets mentioned?

You hate black people.

Did you have to Google that after my post? Or do you just magically manifest whenever a race based controversy gets mentioned?
For somebody who "hates" black people I certainly love Wiley - and anybody else of any creed or skin colour who isn't cowed and intimidated by the media and sheeple and speaks their mind.

You, Nerak, are a fan of the party of Tony Blair so call me names all day, because I don't envy you.

For somebody who "hates" black people I certainly love Wiley - and anybody else of any creed or skin colour who isn't cowed and intimidated by the media and sheeple and speaks their mind.

You, Nerak, are a fan of the party of Tony Blair so call me names all day, because I don't envy you.

I'm not a 'fan' - I'm politically engaged & I'm on the left.

And I like to test evidence & work out strong arguments - not spiral into conspiracy theories or blame entire groups of people for life's problems.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom