Boy Racer and Best Friend alternates. Not the ones we have heard on Miraval?

darby1974

I recently have heard alternate versions of Boy Racer and Best Friend On The Payroll that I have never heard before. The Boy Racer is not the instrumental or the one we all have heard on the Miraval sessions. Boy Racer starts with a solid drum beat and the lyrics start with "He's got to much money and, he's just to good natured and" reversed lyrics. Best Friend starts acoustic and lyrics sound like " I could tow around, and I don't know why this is my house" but "my" is drug out longer.
Has anyone else heard these?

Thanks
Darby

Re: Boy Racer and Best Friend alternates. Not the ones we have heard on Miraval???

When and how did you hear them? Tell us more...

Dave

Re: Boy Racer and Best Friend alternates. Not the ones we have heard on Miraval???

I recently have heard alternate versions of Boy Racer and Best Friend On The Payroll that I have never heard before. The Boy Racer is not the instrumental or the one we all have heard on the Miraval sessions. Boy Racer starts with a solid drum beat and the lyrics start with "He's got to much money and, he's just to good natured and" reversed lyrics. Best Friend starts acoustic and lyrics sound like " I could tow around, and I don't know why this is my house" but "my" is drug out longer.
Has anyone else heard these?

Thanks
Darby

Not to call BS/cobblers on this, but, for starters, "we" have not "all...heard" the Miraval versions of The Boy Racer and Best Friend on the Payroll - though, it goes without saying, we'd love to. The only full studio version of the former is the released one we know and love - plus Alain's original demo, which I assume is the version you mean when you say "instrumental." I think this is the first time I can remember reading about alternate takes/mixes of the actual Hook End Manor Southpaw recordings circulating.

I don't want to say where I heard them, and I don't have them. But I bet someone else on here has heard them as well. You are correct, it was only the instrumental of Boy Racer that was leaked. I was thinking of Reader Meet Author. Rather you believe me or not doesn't bother me. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard them.

Darby

I've heard he even tip-toes around even though he ownes the bleeding house.

I don't want to say where I heard them, and I don't have them. But I bet someone else on here has heard them as well. You are correct, it was only the instrumental of Boy Racer that was leaked. I was thinking of Reader Meet Author. Rather you believe me or not doesn't bother me. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard them.

Darby

Don't mean to press you but would you be able to let us know why you don't want to say where you heard them ?

Don't mean to press you but would you be able to let us know why you don't want to say where you heard them ?
Because I don't want to call anyone out. I heard them this past week from a friend who has copies of them. I am sure you all can understand not wanting to let the cat out of the bag..

Thanks
Darby

Because I don't want to call anyone out. I heard them this past week from a friend who has copies of them. I am sure you all can understand not wanting to let the cat out of the bag..

Thanks
Darby

Being as I'm engaged to the person who not only leaked the audio of the Hollywood Bowl, but the DVD of it as well (in the face of possible legal action from Warner Music Group and Morrissey), NO, I don't understand.
Being both of us are friends of the person who leaked the long awaited 'Kit', NO, I don't understand.

I personally think that is a total cop-out. There is NO reason a DEMO of a RELEASED song is even being withheld. It is just nonsense.

Being as I'm engaged to the person who not only leaked the audio of the Hollywood Bowl, but the DVD of it as well (in the face of possible legal action from Warner Music Group and Morrissey), NO, I don't understand.
Being both of us are friends of the person who leaked the long awaited 'Kit', NO, I don't understand.

I personally think that is a total cop-out. There is NO reason a DEMO of a RELEASED song is even being withheld. It is just nonsense.

GOD you can be such a stupid bitch sometimes. Keep you shit covered nose out of this, okay?

no one except you cares that your fiance "leaked" the hollywood bowl MONTHS after it had appeared on ebay.

go get fame somewhere it matters, not on a message board.

-Ms V.G.

GOD you can be such a stupid bitch sometimes. Keep you shit covered nose out of this, okay?

no one except you cares that your fiance "leaked" the hollywood bowl MONTHS after it had appeared on ebay.

go get fame somewhere it matters, not on a message board.

-Ms V.G.

Actually, if you revisit the thread where he leaked Hollywood Bowl, I'd say quite a few people cared. It is easily one of the most sought-after things ever to be leaked; up there with Striptease With A Difference, the Kit excerpt, Revelations, and Demos and Instrumentals. Dummy.

And yeah, the DVD had been around on ebay for awhile...and yet until Viva's post, no one, NO ONE, including several members here who OWNED the damn thing, took the time or generosity to rip the audio -just the audio, mind you- and post it here for the Solo community. Nope, they just couldn't be bothered; too obsessed with being elitist pricks.

So the fact that it had already been on ebay for awhile is irrelevant or, if anything, makes your argument even that much more ridiculous.

Like I said, I DON"T HAVE THEM... and if I did, I still wouldn't leak them. I don't burn bridges... or break a promise. I could of easily made a copy and leaked it all over here, but I am not that way. Unlike you fiance'.

Like I said, I DON"T HAVE THEM... and if I did, I still wouldn't leak them. I don't burn bridges... or break a promise. I could of easily made a copy and leaked it all over here, but I am not that way. Unlike you fiance'.

That's because you're a moron.

I'm confused. If the hollywood bowl dvd had been on ebay for a while, why are people fighting over it? Can't they just go there and buy it? I don't get it.

I'm confused. If the hollywood bowl dvd had been on ebay for a while, why are people fighting over it? Can't they just go there and buy it? I don't get it.

It's quite simple. No one had the authority to sell it or make money off it; Morrissey saw to that when he stopped Warners or whoever it was from marketing the disc. So, those that found their way to the aborted release, in all its fully mastered, ready-to-enjoy glory, did so clandestinely and without a right to sell it, or copies of it, for profit. In which case they should have IMMEDIATELY leaked it to the fans.

But instead they put it on eBay, like greedy pigs. And those that bought it did so at GREAT financial cost...not because they cared about the content, but so that they could feel "special." That's why none of them leaked it. It would diminish their own feeling of specialness.

Very, very easy to understand that particular brand of human turd.

Viva asked me to post this for him to explain it:

"There were a limited amount of promo copies pressed prior to what was supposed to have been the release of the DVD. Those are what occasionally show up on eBay for a ridiculously high price, usually selling around $200. The highest one I saw sell for was $555...

Only serious collectors put out that kind of money to get the DVD and they horded it because leaking it would devalue the rarity of their investment. I leaked the full concert audio first and then the full DVD at a later date. There are a lot of collectors who are upset about this because they spent a lot of money for something that I made free. Then you have people who just don't like me who think they can devalue what I did for the average fan (who was being denied a wonderful concert because they weren't fanatical enough to spend that much for a DVD).

The Morrissey community is filled with plenty of collector's who have given selflessly, without whom we wouldn't have rarities that are now considered commonplace such as:

I Want A Boy For My Birthday (clip), Troy Tate Demos, The Mirival Sessions, Ringleader demos, Hollywood Bowl, Striptease With A Difference, Born To Hang, Oh Phoney, Kit, etc.

What peeves me, is some of the same people who hoard rare material are the same people who are more than happy to add something new to their collection when someone selfless leaks it. If you do that, you're an asshole."

Wait a minute. I think that if you want something, you go after it, but that's just me.
If I can't afford it, I don't buy it. But why would I be mad at people who did? They're not obligated to do anything.

Besides, how can you draw such conclusions, that whoever had these DVDs didn't leak them because of possible devaluation?

That doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever, since I have yet to see any of these items devalued:
- Reel around 7"
- How soon is now cd, promo for Earls Court
- No one can hold a candle, promo cd
- That's entertainment promo cd
- Italian William 12"
- Smiths BBC LP
- Rank dat
- Outside tour promo cd
- Interlude 3" cd, Suedehead 3" cd, Ouija 3" cd, and so on...

Everybody has the contents of these items. I doubt they will cost less today than 5 years ago.

Isn't the negative sleeve of Hand In Glove worth thousands of pounds?

The hollywood bowl is a promo disc, and just like any other scarce promo disc, it will cost a few hundreds, whether it leaked or not.

Also, whoever leaked Kit, thank you very much.

It was probably a lot of work to get the original song from a dat tape and degrade the sound so much to make it sound like it came from a cassette smeared in poop. And then they added distortions, cut the song in half, changed the pitch and put it on youtube.

We're all rocking to the poop version of Kit thanks to the hero who leaked it.

Viva asked me to post this for him to explain it:

"There were a limited amount of promo copies pressed prior to what was supposed to have been the release of the DVD. Those are what occasionally show up on eBay for a ridiculously high price, usually selling around $200. The highest one I saw sell for was $555...

Only serious collectors put out that kind of money to get the DVD and they horded it because leaking it would devalue the rarity of their investment. I leaked the full concert audio first and then the full DVD at a later date. There are a lot of collectors who are upset about this because they spent a lot of money for something that I made free. Then you have people who just don't like me who think they can devalue what I did for the average fan (who was being denied a wonderful concert because they weren't fanatical enough to spend that much for a DVD).

The Morrissey community is filled with plenty of collector's who have given selflessly, without whom we wouldn't have rarities that are now considered commonplace such as:

I Want A Boy For My Birthday (clip), Troy Tate Demos, The Mirival Sessions, Ringleader demos, Hollywood Bowl, Striptease With A Difference, Born To Hang, Oh Phoney, Kit, etc.

What peeves me, is some of the same people who hoard rare material are the same people who are more than happy to add something new to their collection when someone selfless leaks it. If you do that, you're an asshole."

That's actually a really good point; there are indeed many selfless people here who have given things to the public, at no profit, that they could have kept hoarded. Examples were listed in NHNS's post and there are others.

My ire stems from people who blasted Viva for the leak; their motives for doing so were based purely on greed or else on personal issues with him as an individual, and they used the leak as a catalyst for shit-talking.

Hey Lionel, you seem to know so much about so much.

One question: what have you leaked?

I'm guessing the answer is zero. But thanks for playing.

Back
Top Bottom