Boycott Morrissey Concert Until He Lifts the Ban on David

If I cared about David in anyway, or had the slightest bit of respect for him I might consider action against Morrissey. However, seeing as I have more time for a piece of shit on the street than the cry baby little hypocrite that is David...I won't let his mistakes, errors, lies and nastiness towards Morrissey effect my life or choices. End of. David should have taken a hint with the t-shirts in Bradford before flying to Copenhagen. Idiot. Deserves it.

Are you the kind of person who shows up at other people's parties in their homes, completely uninvited, complains about the conversation and company and then makes a giant embarrassing arse of himself in front of everyone?

I stopped going to the shows once I realized I was paying premium prices for hour long to hour and a half shows.

I will obtain any music he puts out (I specifically used the words obtain not buy) because I like the sound of the music. I cannot see a Morrissey show in my future.

Clear distinction between the man and his music. His Norway comments were disgusting by the way. Hopefully Norway bans him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Are you the kind of person who shows up at other people's parties in their homes, completely uninvited, complains about the conversation and company and then makes a giant embarrassing arse of himself in front of everyone?

Yes, your point being?

If I cared about David in anyway, or had the slightest bit of respect for him I might consider action against Morrissey. However, seeing as I have more time for a piece of shit on the street than the cry baby little hypocrite that is David...I won't let his mistakes, errors, lies and nastiness towards Morrissey effect my life or choices. End of. David should have taken a hint with the t-shirts in Bradford before flying to Copenhagen. Idiot. Deserves it.

As passive agressive as that was I have to agree about the Copenhagen thing
What sort of right minded person sees that their idol doesn't like them or want anything to do with them, and then spends a shit load of money flying to a different country to see him?
Idiotic behaviour if you ask me

As passive agressive as that was I have to agree about the Copenhagen thing
What sort of right minded person sees that their idol doesn't like them or want anything to do with them, and then spends a shit load of money flying to a different country to see him?
Idiotic behaviour if you ask me

In hindsight, perhaps it does seem foolish. He said 'f*** Morrissey-solo.com' on shirts a few weeks before the concert, he didn't say 'f*** davidt' exactly. It was not known that I was 'banned for life' until after I was thrown out. Also I had planned the trip months in advance of all of this and it would have been expensive to cancel. I wasn't going to cancel anyway regardless of the concert, I wanted to see the city and met other friends there.

@ David

Without me being a dick or anything I am genuinely wanting to know why people on this site are allowed to be so open and nasty whilst they seem to discuss anything BUT Morrissey? Freedom of speech blah, blah but there has to be a line drawn somewhere, no? I've seen people wishing cancer and death on others and this conversation is allowed to continue? A tidy up and reshaping would seem appropriate in this current fiasco but instead it seems to have hit meltdown!

I'm not being nasty now but it leaves me baffled that you can complain about being ejected from his show when you can clearly see what a nasty and horrible place this has become, I'm sure as the boss you could implicate a change?

I use to be a member of Solo circa. 2006 but left when I saw the rot starting and it is now distinctly uninformative and bordering on bullying brutality!

@ David

Without me being a dick or anything I am genuinely wanting to know why people on this site are allowed to be so open and nasty whilst they seem to discuss anything BUT Morrissey? Freedom of speech blah, blah but there has to be a line drawn somewhere, no? I've seen people wishing cancer and death on others and this conversation is allowed to continue? A tidy up and reshaping would seem appropriate in this current fiasco but instead it seems to have hit meltdown!

I'm not being nasty now but it leaves me baffled that you can complain about being ejected from his show when you can clearly see what a nasty and horrible place this has become, I'm sure as the boss you could implicate a change?

I use to be a member of Solo circa. 2006 but left when I saw the rot starting and it is now distinctly uninformative and bordering on bullying brutality!

I know this place is not for everyone, luckily there are alternatives. You could try www.allyouneedismorrissey.com as they are a reaction to what you seem offended by. Or go to true-to-you.net, you will certainly not be offended by comments posted there.

Others have said it better than I have, they like that they can filter out the stuff they don't like for themselves.

If Morrissey can say what he has last night onstage, I think we're all entitled to our own opinion on this site.

If Morrissey can say what he has last night onstage, I think we're all entitled to our own opinion on this site.

Exactly!

One of the things I love about Morrissey is his high intelligence combined with his outspoken nature and anger. It's what makes him so interesting.

That's why I find it quite bizarre that he hates this site so much. Maybe he's just projecting? The trolls on this site only do to Morrissey what morrissey has been doing to Elton John, Michael Buble, Madonna and co. for the past 30 years.

He hates the cutting comments on so-low? I'll leave the final word to his best friend Linder Sterling speaking before 2004.

"As cutting as Morrissey can be in print, he can be worse in person"

Hmm. So there you have it. Moz should get a grip and move on. Yes, a lot of people hate Morrissey, Do we care? No. Should he care? No. Why not just ignore this website - most of the world does. It's Morrissey himself that is giving publicity to morrissey solo and even the morrisseysworld blogspot with his t-shirts and tty comments.

Its almost as though he's on a self-destruction mission at times. I do still love him though!

As someone once said, "you are terrible, but I do like you"

I'm boycotting Morrissey until he releases a new song which doesn't make me cringe. I fear that may be an eternal boycott.

Imagine a campagin to boycott an artist started on a "fan" website - pretty crazy huh? - plenty of people don't "get" morrissey you must have noticed this - some people stop getting him after every album, they always have - it seems you don't "get" morrissey anymore - don't start a campaign just don't buy a ticket - who are you trying to convince and why won't you let them make there own mind up?

I think banning the head moderator is very funny and very Morrissey - oh the irony - he is after all the real head moderator - lol

please listen closely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fps5s7yWKL8

Last edited:
Imagine a campagin to boycott artist started on a "fan" website - pretty crazy huh? - plenty of people don't "get" morrissey you must have noticed this - some people stop getting him after every album, they always have - it seems you don't "get" morrissey anymore - don't start a campaign just don't buy a ticket - who are you trying to convince and why won't you let them make there own mind up?

I think banning the head moderator is very funny and very Morrissey - oh the irony - he is after all the real head moderator - lol

please listen closely:

Agreed!! :thumb:

Imagine a campagin to boycott an artist started on a "fan" website - pretty crazy huh? - plenty of people don't "get" morrissey you must have noticed this - some people stop getting him after every album, they always have - it seems you don't "get" morrissey anymore - don't start a campaign just don't buy a ticket - who are you trying to convince and why won't you let them make there own mind up?

please listen closely:

Imagine a campaign by an artist to ban one of his most ardent fans and whose website helped sustain that artist's career during a prolonged down period.

Geeh, I'm sorry you find it outlandish to support someone whose very website you utilize... And I'm the one with the problem?

Imagine a campaign by an artist to ban one of his most ardent fans and whose website helped sustain that artist's career during a prolonged down period.

Geeh, I'm sorry you find it outlandish to support someone whose very website you utilize... And I'm the one with the problem?

This site is now just part of the media, it isn't a fan site anymore its an anti-fansite if anything - a home for the small and aging section of the fan base that bays for Morrissey's retirement despite their "love", usually by endlessly quoting "get off the stage" whlist rolling their eyes up to the skies. All without realising of course that Morrissey has always had this type of "fan", these kind of battles and glorious defeats, when every ist and every ism is thrown his way and then at the last gasp............. he returns and wins the day. You should have learned this by now - don't stick the knife in and twist it even if its "for his own good" - stand by him and be loyal - isn't thats what fans do?

You should have learned this by now - don't stick the knife in and twist it even if its "for his own good" - stand by him and be loyal - isn't thats what fans do?

No, thats what blind sycophants and idol worshippers who are incapable of expressing an opinion do.

we're not talking about friends here, we're talking about being a fan of someone who most of us have never met before.

i realise that, i was just saying thats all - its as though you can't be suportive without being a blind sycophant and idol worshipper in your world? - by all means have an opinion but please don't bleat on and on like a spurned lover thirsty for his downfall

but you're right, most of us have never met him and so these opinions about what he is like as a person are completely mute and baseless - so why repeat them endlessly?

i realise that, i was just saying thats all - its as though you can't be suportive without being a blind sycophant and idol worshipper in your world? - by all means have an opinion but please don't bleat on and on like a spurned lover thirsty for his downfall

but you're right, most of us have never met him and so these opinions about what he is like as a person are completely mute and baseless - so why repeat them endlessly?

since most of us haven't met him, we can only go by the stuff he says and does. and recently a lot of the stuff he's said and done has been kinda shitty. i still love his music but I'm feeling like I want to take his pictures off my wall, and not support him by seeing him live, etc. will i do this? i dunno, but that's how I'm feeling cuz he's been acting like a total asshole. so no, I won't defend him. doesn't change the music though, thats all. he's not my friend, he's not your friend. But he wrote music that we all love, and that's where it stops, really.

Tags
boycott morrissey-solo
Back
Top Bottom