Boycott Morrissey Concert Until He Lifts the Ban on David

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
I am going to boycott any future Morrissey concerts until he lifts his lifetime ban on David. I don't believe the ban on David is justified. Regardless of Morrissey's views on this site, punishing David is not the answer. If David were actively working to harm Morrissey, financially or otherwise, I would have a totally different opinion.

In my opinion, and it is just that, I relied on this site during the seven years Morrissey did not have a deal. I have come here for knowledge, information, and to feed my Morrissey fix. I cannot even begin to place a dollar figure on what this site has meant for my purchase of concert tickets, singles, tee shirts, books, and more.

By banning David, I believe Morrissey's motives are clear: he is trying to do what his lawyers couldn't shut down the website. The idea of an artist attempting to censor criticism is beyond the pale.

I appreciate and thank David for the innumerable hours he has devoted to this site for over a decade.

Therefore, I will boycott every/any future Morrissey concert until David is allowed to attend. I hope others will join me.

You are totally insane. How can you boycott it, you are already on every other thread saying what a washed-up old c*** he is and how you don't want to go anyway. Just shut up, we heard it already.

You are totally insane. How can you boycott it, you are already on every other thread saying what a washed-up old c*** he is and how you don't want to go anyway. Just shut up, we heard it already.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I never ever wrote anything that awful... If you can find any post in which I wrote I wasn't going to go to another concert, well good luck with that. Insane, eh? I guess you are one of these apologists for any behavior. Never mind, Morrissey could ban you from every concert and you'd thank him...

Why? There's no point.
I'm a fan of Morrissey and not of davidt.

You wanna boycott? Fine, do it and leave us alone.

I'm asking: you're idol is telling you this website is bad. So, you're choosing to disregard what you're idol wants?

This website is not out life.
Maybe it's your life but it definitely isn't mine.

I go to a Moz concert because I wanna sing and dance to a couple of Moz/Smiths tunes.
I don't go to a concert because of a website

Why? There's no point.
I'm a fan of Morrissey and not of davidt.

You wanna boycott? Fine, do it and leave us alone.
No point? Actually, by buying tickets you're condoning this behavior. Money talks bullshit walks - that's why he doesn't have a label deal.

Leave you alone? You may get your wish, if I were David I would waste another second promoting this site and paying to maintain it.

This website is not out life.
Maybe it's your life but it definitely isn't mine.

I go to a Moz concert because I wanna sing and dance to a couple of Moz/Smiths tunes.
I don't go to a concert because of a website

And yet you're here an awful lot. And commenting in threads you could ignore and telling the author to leave you alone.

Therein lies a conundrum.

I am going to boycott any future Morrissey concerts until he lifts his lifetime ban on David. I don't believe the ban on David is justified. Regardless of Morrissey's views on this site, punishing David is not the answer. If David were actively working to harm Morrissey, financially or otherwise, I would have a totally different opinion.

In my opinion, and it is just that, I relied on this site during the seven years Morrissey did not have a deal. I have come here for knowledge, information, and to feed my Morrissey fix. I cannot even begin to place a dollar figure on what this site has meant for my purchase of concert tickets, singles, tee shirts, books, and more.

By banning David, I believe Morrissey's motives are clear: he is trying to do what his lawyers couldn't shut down the website. The idea of an artist attempting to censor criticism is beyond the pale.

I appreciate and thank David for the innumerable hours he has devoted to this site for over a decade.

Therefore, I will boycott every/any future Morrissey concert until David is allowed to attend. I hope others will join me.

I agree with your entire post but the Morrissey machine will roll on without you and me.

The strongest statement we can make is to continue to post here and say what we mean, at least until we are forcibly removed.

Obviously it bothers him that this site exists. Let's stick to our guns and speak up.

There will be many who oppose us for opposing Morrissey. Let's tell it like it is, take no prisoners, and make no excuses.

I say...f*** 'em all.

No point? Actually, by buying tickets you're condoning this behavior. Money talks bullshit walks - that's why he doesn't have a label deal.

Leave you alone? You may get your wish, if I were David I would waste another second promoting this site and paying to maintain it.

I've heard from others privately who have sold/given away tickets and do not plan to attend any more because of this ban. I really do not expect anyone to do this and don't hold it against anyone if they still go to concerts, I mean, I would go if I could! But if someone chooses to not want to go because of this it ban, it is certainly in my eyes taking a stand for something they believe in and that is not always easy.

The support is appreciated. I will continue the site as always though, I think it would be a lose-lose situation for both sides if it were to shut down.

I've heard from others privately who have sold/given away tickets and do not plan to attend any more because of this ban. I really do not expect anyone to do this and don't hold it against anyone if they still go to concerts, I mean, I would go if I could! But if someone chooses to not want to go because of this it ban, it is certainly in my eyes taking a stand for something they believe in and that is not always easy.

The support is appreciated. I will continue the site as always though, I think it would be a lose-lose situation for both sides if it were to shut down.

I know that you do not think highly of me, but I want you to know that I am completely on your side in this.

At this point, he could announce a concert of Vauxhall and I in it's entirety and I wouldn't buy a ticket.

I understand peoples anger but I believe this is between Morrissey and David and nobody else.
David isn't the fanbase, and by banning him he's done nothing to insult me or anyone else personally.
Morrissey has voiced his displeasure at this website in the past, and David has chosen to ignore his viewpoints... A strange mindset for the owner of a ''fan'' site, seemingly you would want the site to respect its subjects wishes, and reflect a positive appreciation towards them, but whatever, he's running how he likes and that's his choice.

I don't get annoyed with David's ban, because he doesn't represent me, (or I believe anyone else for that matter) as a fan. He's not your average fan, he is much more involved in Morrissey's ''world'' than any of us posting here, its not as if M has banned an ordinary gig goer/fan for life.
I know if I got hold of personal information/emails, or heard rumors about Morrissey, I would have more sense/respect for the man than to post them on a platform that his own fanbase is reading.

Again I think this is between Morrissey and David... So until I foolishly, and continually annoy Morrissey, to the point where he bans me from his gigs, no I won't be boycotting him, or this place for that matter.

Beds have been made, now it's time to lie in them.

I understand peoples anger but I believe this is between Morrissey and David and nobody else.
David isn't the fanbase, and by banning him he's done nothing to insult me or anyone else personally.
Morrissey has voiced his displeasure at this website in the past, and David has chosen to ignore his viewpoints... A strange mindset for the owner of a ''fan'' site, seemingly you would want the site to respect its subjects wishes, and reflect a positive appreciation towards them, but whatever, he's running how he likes and that's his choice.

I don't get annoyed with David's ban, because he doesn't represent me, (or I believe anyone else for that matter) as a fan. He's not your average fan, he is much more involved in Morrissey's ''world'' than any of us posting here, its not as if M has banned an ordinary gig goer/fan for life.
I know if I got hold of personal information/emails, or heard rumors about Morrissey, I would have more sense/respect for the man than to post them on a platform that his own fanbase is reading.

Again I think this is between Morrissey and David... So until I foolishly, and continually annoy Morrissey, to the point where he bans me from his gigs, no I won't be boycotting him, or this place for that matter.

Beds have been made, now it's time to lie in them.

There's so much wrong with this post that I don't know where to start correcting you or if I should even bother.

No please don't bother, I don't think I'd want your sarcastic ramblings ''marking'' my opinion.
That's what I think, and whether you agree or not, it doesn't make me wrong.

No please don't bother, I don't think I'd want your sarcastic ramblings ''marking'' my opinion.
That's what I think, and whether you agree or not, it doesn't make me wrong.

"And it doesn't make you right, either," he rambled sarcastically.

Tags
boycott morrissey-solo
Back
Top Bottom