Brandon Flowers loves 'Interesting Drug'

G

goinghome

Brandon Flowers lists his top ten songs for Black Book:

""I’m sorry this is so uncomfortable,” Brandon Flowers says apologetically during a long and, yes, rather painful silence. The 29-year-old musician is trying to round out a list of the 10 vocal performances that most influenced him, and in a group dominated by guys, he needs a woman. Shy and hesitant in person, Flowers is nothing like his onstage persona. Whereas that one—the superstar who fronts the Las Vegas–based arena rock band The Killers—sweats swagger and breathes bombast, this one fidgets in his chair inside New York’s Gramercy Park Hotel. This fall, Flowers will take the stage without his three bandmates when he tours Europe in support of Flamingo, his solo debut. If the first single, “Crossfire,” is any indication, the album (named after a road in Las Vegas) will stay true to the Killers’ synths and soaring vocals. But Flowers can’t help it. He’s never been one to conceal his roots and he isn’t about to start now...

Morrissey’s “Interesting Drug.”
It’s as Morrissey as Morrissey gets. He has his own inflections, his own quirks, and they all surface on this song. I was his busboy once at Spago Las Vegas in Caesars Palace, but I didn’t have the guts to say anything. Years later, the Killers were asked to open for him in L.A. and Chicago. The highlight of the whole thing was when he came to watch us rehearse before the first show. He’s had such an impact on my life, and it felt like everything had come full circle: he was just standing there, watching us."

The rest is at -
http://www.blackbookmag.com/article...takes-stock-of-his-favorite-songwriters/21974

Wonderful.
He has a good taste indeed.
I am pretty sure that everyone in here knows the cover Killers played of "why don't you find out for yourself"

Back
Top Bottom