Brett Anderson lyric themes

DrStatham

Spicy Chickpea Curry
Right, there are plenty of references in Suede lyrics to bestiality... So why isn't this discussed at all? Is this not weird to anyone else? I did a quick (wary) search to find anything, but there are no articles or forums that I can find that discuss why Brett Anderson has this strange obsession with bestiality... I mean you can't exactly leap to conclusions, but it's not a normal thing to be obsessed with is it...

And after all the shit Morrissey gets any time anything in his lyrics is at all controversial, all the paedophilia accusations...

Any thoughts?

He speaks to the Beatial nature of man and the relation to sex which has been used as a metaphor since forever. There’s a werewolf in me etc

Right, there are plenty of references in Suede lyrics to bestiality... So why isn't this discussed at all? Is this not weird to anyone else? I did a quick (wary) search to find anything, but there are no articles or forums that I can find that discuss why Brett Anderson has this strange obsession with bestiality... I mean you can't exactly leap to conclusions, but it's not a normal thing to be obsessed with is it...

And after all the shit Morrissey gets any time anything in his lyrics is at all controversial, all the paedophilia accusations...

Any thoughts?

Well, it was the early 90's... but on a serious note, I always took them more as metaphorical than literal. As the Anonymous poster mentioned. As an example, Brett said that the title "Dog Man Star" referred to the various states that a person could be and then he'd quip that he usually felt quite dog-like at that moment.

Well, it was the early 90's... but on a serious note, I always took them more as metaphorical than literal. As the Anonymous poster mentioned. As an example, Brett said that the title "Dog Man Star" referred to the various states that a person could be and then he'd quip that he usually felt quite dog-like at that moment.

nose that knows... :cool:

nose that knows... :cool:

I think B. Anderson said many times that "Dog Man Star" was in no way inspired by "Dog Star Man" (no joking!!!).

... A friend was her neighbour for several years and they had a shared patio. They were not close friends, but they had dinner together quite often (at the patio).

Man is the animal!

Brett Anderson regularly mentioned the 1964 movie and said that the association of the three words of the album title sounded good to him, that they were his favorite words and that you can find those words in every song of the album (which is not correct).
Now, regarding bestiality let's remember what the cover of DMS nearly was:

a>

I think B. Anderson said many times that "Dog Man Star" was in no way inspired by "Dog Star Man" (no joking!!!).

... A friend was her neighbour for several years and they had a shared patio. They were not close friends, but they had dinner together quite often (at the patio).

Man is the animal!

Oh I didn’t say he was inspired by it.

Oh I didn’t say he was inspired by it.

All of the rumours keeping you grounded!

I simply remembered an interview in which he said that there was no connection with the film... Though it is somehow obvious that he borrowed the name of the film.

Anyway... I find Mr. Anderson a bit boring.

Tags
brett anderson suede
Back
Top Bottom