Official Facebook Brief statement re: London gig (March 12, 2020)

20200312_223225.jpg

(Image used as FB URL isn't set to share correctly).

The most recent government advise issued today is that there are no restrictions on mass gatherings or community events.. The Morrissey show at Londons SSE arena on Saturday is scheduled to take place and is ON. We urge all fans to follow government advise and stay at home if you have any symptoms of the coronavirus or feel unwell.
Last remaining tickets available at morrisseyofficial.com

Morrissey looks forward to the show after 2 memorable shows in Leeds and cologne.

Regards,
FWD.

¿SI Morrissey cancela porque las autoridades de Londres ordenan no reaizar recitales el cobra algun dinero?

I would definitely not risk my health to listen to that shit set list.
Stay safe kids, this is gonna get a lot worse.

?? :knife:

It's a perfect strategy and Morrissey gets to have it both ways. Perform the show and get paid while blaming any attendance issues on the virus.

And it's also a win-win for the insufferable bores on this site with their endless negativity. If Wembley is half empty, they can crow about that; if he plays, he's being deeply irresponsible because of all the germs; the setlist will be predictable/awful/boring, etc.

Anyway: enjoy your griping while others enjoy the show. As long as we're all happy, life is good.

“Life is a boomerang, what you give, you get.”

Virus = payback for Steven and all his cancellations in the past.

?? :knife:

And it's also a win-win for the insufferable bores on this site with their endless negativity. If Wembley is half empty, they can crow about that; if he plays, he's being deeply irresponsible because of all the germs; the setlist will be predictable/awful/boring, etc.

Anyway: enjoy your griping while others enjoy the show. As long as we're all happy, life is good.

That's some spin.

You could reverse every point there in favour of the man and still claim the high-ground; but, you know, get in there first with the 'I told you so'

That's some spin.

You could reverse every point there in favour of the man and still claim the high-ground; but, you know, get in there first with the 'I told you so'

That's a wonderful compliment coming from you, sir - this site's legendary King of Getting in There First and I Told You So.

You've made my day - thank you.

He lives to defy.
that's why we like him,if someone says do it he wont do it and if someone says don't do it he will do it.

life is great bookish,the usual suspects on here have a miserable life because theyr miserable people.

I can't seem to find this post/picture on Morrissey's official FB-page ... hoax?
Thanks for the vote of confidence!
It is on the timeline and attached to a photograph (grey smoke) - try the photos section.
The cog icon tells you the privacy/audience/share setting is not set correctly for everyone to see globally (see orange arrow).
The spelling and lack of a capitalised 'c' in Cologne is on them.

love.png

I'm not renowned for posting fake information and if it was suspect it would be indicated as such.
I haven't got time to 'inspect element' things and pass them off as real - especially when it is still on the official site.
Regards,
FWD.

That Facebook page gives me the horrors.

Advice! And check your settings!

Still, 'the gig is on but don't come to see it', is very brand Morrissey.

Advice, advice, not once but twice.
'Londons' SSE, 'cologne' lower case C.
Commas missing too,
It just will not do.

It's grammatically wroooonnnng, grammatically wrooonng, grammatically wrooonng, it's grammatically wrong.

The post has now been removed from the FB page. Not a good sign, but no official cancellation yet.
Still there - on mobile and browser UK.
Perhaps share settings are for set region?
(Screen cap from 5 mins prior to other post and still there now).
Regards,
FWD.

SO glad that all well for Saturday and again no cancelation , twats and haters will be so disappointed RESULT GET IT UP YOU .Another fantastic night all for the Lovers
But it's not alright is it?
Do you think that his selfish performance will be miraculously protected from a virus that can decimate people.
Both Morrissey and yourself are spectacularly dim.

It's showing as a photo with the text attached.
Facebook is a law unto itself!
If not on the time line, see here (app version):

20200313_083034.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

When everything in the world is being cancelled, Morrissey turns up. Because of course that's the sort of thing he'd do.
Yes he's stupid and self centered enough
and is proud to sing about suicide, the warped f***.
Those packed in there tonight, breathing in the warm virus friendly air into your lungs, well,
that suicide could be your own
and it starts when you enter his show tonight.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom