Brighton - Brighton Centre (Mar. 3, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Spent The Day In Bed / Back On The Chain Gang / I Bury The Living / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Home Is A Question Mark / Jack The Ripper / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now? / All You Need Is Me // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• From docinwestchester:

This is cool. Moz (or someone on his team) used a fan made twitter pic for backdrop (@EricaCalil / Twitter on Mar. 1):

42402_brighton.jpg

Last edited:
9BDE0F91-A62E-4B19-8D8B-F6F29A0888D6.jpeg
Morrissey in great form tonight. Here he is during I Wish You Lonely in front of a photoshopped image of Margaret Thatcher at the Battle or Orgreave during the 1984 miners’ strike....whilst performing in the venue of the Conservative party conference of that year, where the IRA bombed the Grand Hotel when she was sleeping

:lbf:
Then, it seemed out of nowhere a well-aimed flower was caught by Morrissey. He put the stem in his pants for a bit and then, while singing "and you go home and you cry and you want to die" he crushed the flower and threw up in the pit.

I really hope this isn’t autocorrect work! :lbf:

Last 2 shows, he’s stopped introducing the band....

Hope there’s good photos of the flower moment!

Cool set list.

People hiss and moan, but credit to Moz for continually changing the set as the tour goes on.

I think 'continually changing the set" is a bit over the top. One, maybe two songs songs being swapped out for another is hardly ripping up the script is it?

Still, Playboys and All you need are welcome additions. I'd prefer it if he kept Speedway and/or I started something in there at the expense of Back on the chain gang but it is baby steps set list wise for Moz. I'm happy with any variation tbh.

With his talk in between songs to a minimum , this was a man focussed on performing and conveying his many messages through a vibrant and compelling set list . You really get a sense these days that he has a lot he wants to say ! You look at the set list and like me you might say why is 'world peace' on it ? But in the context of the whole show , it's a really poignant moment. His voice is still amazing and he nailed that gig last night with style and swagger. My wife is not as into him as I am but she said 'he really got me' ... the images / film providing the backdrop to songs add another dimension and encourage reflection . The crowd were bloody useless ... all started jumping around for 'chain gang' then back to statues again ... awful during songs but each track getting strong ovations at the end so maybe like me they were just taking it all in , as with this tour , there is a lot to absorb and reflect upon. He is still the master , love him . Can't wait for the RAH and Palladium next week. 3 times in a week ? Yes f*** it , bring it on !

I think 'continually changing the set" is a bit over the top. One, maybe two songs songs being swapped out for another is hardly ripping up the script is it?

Still, Playboys and All you need are welcome additions. I'd prefer it if he kept Speedway and/or I started something in there at the expense of Back on the chain gang but it is baby steps set list wise for Moz. I'm happy with any variation tbh.

Where did I say he was "ripping up the script"? And the vast majority of singers don't completely overhaul a set in the middle of a tour (doubtless this is the cue for someone to pedantically give an example of one singer who does).

For a singer to subtly alter the show every night is the best anyone can reasonably hope for. And the set list has changed hugely now from what it was a couple of years ago.

Moz and the band seem on solid form and that’s a quality setlist, new album being promoted heavily as with any new lp tour. Shame that ‘I started something...’ has been dropped though.

Where did I say he was "ripping up the script"? And the vast majority of singers don't completely overhaul a set in the middle of a tour (doubtless this is the cue for someone to pedantically give an example of one singer who does).

I'll bite.
Try any jamband out there.
Phish, moe., umphrey's, greensky, and of course Dead & Company !! There are many, MANY bands that change their setlist every show.

I grew up in Trenton, New Jersey, which is in fact a vile place. Brighton was extremely nice. Stick with the L.A. jokes :)

From my perspective on the barrier, the energy from the standing audience was high and accordingly Morrissey was in a good mood. Lots of handshakes made people next to me (and me) very happy.

The flower catch was absolutely perfect. I hope the whole thing has been recorded somewhere. Someone was throwing yellow flowers into the stage and one or two just landed on the stage. Then, it seemed out of nowhere a well-aimed flower was caught by Morrissey. He put the stem in his pants for a bit and then, while singing "and you go home and you cry and you want to die" he crushed the flower and threw up in the pit.

He also ad-libbed singing "you're the one for me fatty" in a drawn out way at the end of Everyday is Like Sunday while shaking hands which was great. Too funny.

One of my favorite shows.

Hope you all enjoy the London shows. I'm flying back to Salzburg in a minute.
Oh Salzburg, what a quaint little place that is. I was there this time of year in the early 80's. Stayed in a cuckoo clock in Zell-am-zee and went on daytrips here and there and everywhere with dad. He raided the mini bar and I had all the candy in the world.
I still have the mountain hatchet that I used there as a kid.

il_340x270.1485657845_jwj7.jpg

I'll bite.
Try any jamband out there.
Phish, moe., umphrey's, greensky, and of course Dead & Company !! There are many, MANY bands that change their setlist every show.
Not to mention, Moz's arch-nemeses in moaning, Robert Smith & co. And they do it without smelling of patchouli and unwashed armpit.

Crykey lad. Reckon can you imagine if Uncle Steve showed a pic of his president Donald Trump about to get beat with a stick? I can't. Reckon don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Why do you brittish people love Uncle Steve if he shows a pic of some old lady president of brittin about to get beat with a stick and the IRA bombed her hotel? Aren't brittish people supposed to be "proud". Reckon when he shows the old grandma president of brittin with a black eye on stage too. Don't you people have any pride? Why do you let Americans like Steve talk shit about you?

Crykey lad. Reckon can you imagine if Uncle Steve showed a pic of his president Donald Trump about to get beat with a stick? I can't. Reckon don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Why do you brittish people love Uncle Steve if he shows a pic of some old lady president of brittin about to get beat with a stick and the IRA bombed her hotel? Aren't brittish people supposed to be "proud". Reckon when he shows the old grandma president of brittin with a black eye on stage too. Don't you people have any pride? Why do you let Americans like Steve talk shit about you?

We have lots of pride, unlike some of you tits who choose to pop down the local school and shoot a load of kids!

If the following is true, collectors need to pay good attention to the merch stalls - there's been no mention of these prior that I'm aware of:
(part of a £100 bundle apparently).

20180304_180206.jpg

FB_IMG_1520186258679.jpg

Anyone else confirm this?
Regards,
FWD.

Politically speaking Morrissey is about as fake as it is possible to get, therefore few take him, or any other performer for that matter, all that seriously. Stormzy, a ranting innercity talent free dimwit tried to politicise the Brit awards a week or so back. Everybody shrugged.

In the morning the press will reflect on the hard hitting political views of a group of Oscar millionaires whose only skill is repeating the words of others while walking. We will be told it is important and that we must listen to them as they go to collect their $500,000 goody bags.

The political opinions of Morrissey, Stormzy and the entire Hollywood cabal are no more or less important than someone you might stop in the street. Except someone you might stop in the street may have more insight.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom