Bruce Springsteen/ Glastonbury 2009

Hi All,
Did anyone DVD Record the Bruce BBC UK show on Saturday ( 27th June) late at night???
I got home from a late session in the Pub, (....Because of a Chance meet-up with Old friends)....and I only caught the Ending....
I have Saw it on "On Demand" since, and am Shocked and Stunned at how Absolutely amazing the performance was ( ...Well, it WAS BROOOOCE!! what else did I expect!! Damn the call of That Darn Cider!!!).... But the "On demand" Repeat showing Is Shortened/cut...What??? NO "Thunder Road"???? SHAME ON YOU BBC!!!

PLEASE, Has Anyone got a DVD of the full saturday night BBC TV show ??, and may be willing to run me off a copy, ??. I will be more than happy to trade Morrissey stuff on DVD disc through the Mail system ( ...It's Nice to send stuff in return, and, Besides, I Just like Licking Stamps!!!)
Thank you....again, in anticipation....
Dave.
( PS, I am Completly USELESS at Downloading "Torrents"/etc,....so please do not send me any "Links" to do it myself, ...thanks anyway.......But I REALLY Am THICK, when it comes to that stuff.....and besides, this way It keeps some Royal Mail workers in Jobs!!!)
Postal Service Rules!!!
PM if ya can help!!
Cheers!!
Dave.

Last edited:
I know, I was hoping they would show more too. The River being my fav Bruce song. Saw him at St James Park Newcastle.. god was it 84?....... my hubby was a fan.. I wasn't, but I was impressed. The stadium was packed out then and buzzing.

Fast forward 25 years and he is still interacting well with the crowd. He has an immensely powerful voice and the set lasted over 2 hours on Sat and with him being over 60 years of age i only had one thought....
Morrissey could easily still be performing at 60 and that’s all I was thinking whilst watching Bruce.

Hope you get to see it all although i'm sure I did see thunder road repeated so hopefully that is on the BBC link.

Also, there was a guy in the audience.. blond hair with glasses on the front row that I’m sure I recognised from The Move in Manchester tv coverage.

Hi there Nothing wrong!,
I was at Both gigs in Newcastle too ( It was 1985.....sorry to "Correct" you, but I still have the ticket stubs somewhere...Hope ya don't mind.....)
The Gigs were Stunning!! And The man can still do it!!!
I was VERY Impressed by the Glastonbury Performance...and that was just on my TV!!
Great stuff!!
DVD recordings of the Original TV show are STILL Most Welcome......Can't/Don't Have a clue howto do "Torrents"...etc....
Thanx again all!
Ahh, Come ahnn!! SOMEONE Out ther musta recorded it!!

Hi there Nothing wrong!,
I was at Both gigs in Newcastle too ( It was 1985.....sorry to "Correct" you, but I still have the ticket stubs somewhere...Hope ya don't mind.....)
The Gigs were Stunning!! And The man can still do it!!!
I was VERY Impressed by the Glastonbury Performance...and that was just on my TV!!
Great stuff!!
DVD recordings of the Original TV show are STILL Most Welcome......Can't/Don't Have a clue howto do "Torrents"...etc....
Thanx again all!
Ahh, Come ahnn!! SOMEONE Out ther musta recorded it!!

OK one year out- I am very impressed with me.:) I can hardly remember what I did yesterday never mind 25 years ago.

It got me thinking though, a lot of the original E – street band members, Clarence, Nils and Patti are still with him which is lovely. I’m sure though I read that one of the members died recently and up until Saturday, I was so sure it was Clarence (sorry Clarence) but obviously not! Can’t think who it was, though I may be wrong.

And for my female intuition, I remember telling my hubby in 85 whilst watching the chemistry on stage with Springsteen and Patti Scialfa that it would not be long before they got together.. even though his wife at the time was Julianna (something) who was amazingly beautiful, but to me seemed a bit of a cold hard fish… He did get it together with Patti but think they have split up now.
Honest I don’t work for HEAT magazine!;)

Also don’t worry about not knowing how do download via torrents etc. In my previous life as a young, single, intelligent person, I was a comms engineer and now I have to admit to myteenage children that I do not even know how to take pics on my mobile phone. :eek:
There are lots of lovely peeps on the forums who can help:)

Impressed that the Eavis family put Springsteen on as headline Sat and not the Sunday afternoon easy listening/nostalgia slot. Here's to a Morrissey/Marr headline next year - not Smiths.
slot

Last edited:
...It was keyboard player Danny Federici who Died....a VERY good friend of Bruces,( as were all the other E- street members....and it still shows on stage!!).
I think Patti is still around as a band member....not too sure about "Wifey"....
But Thanx for your replies!!
STILL, Back on Track....Anybody out there recorded this???? I would really like a copy...otherwise, I am going to get Mr. Eavis toCancel the Moz/Marr re- union gig for 2010....
( Wow!! just imagine that!!! paying Absolute Squillions for a ticket , Weeks/Months before Glasto has even announced who is "Headlining"......just on the "Off Chace" that it actually Might happen....and then getting Babylon Zoo as headliners!.....well.....it could be intersting, I suppose...).

There's some Glastonbury highlights on BBC2 from 11.30pm tonight (4th). Not sure how much Bruce there will be. I'm not able to record.

Back
Top Bottom