Buffalo Rollcall

Re: Buffalo

yay, I am! But then, I live here... and go to the school he's coming to. If I didn't I'd want to punch myself in the brain a little. I'm kinda contemplating skipping all my classes for the day and camp out near the back door. >.>;

Unfortunately I learned about the concert a little under a month after the tickets went on sale, so I got almost back row seating. I'm still gonna have an awesome time though. I can't wait for the souvenirs!

I really like the place he's playing too. It's nice and comfy. I'm not sure how it'll work with a rock concert though.

Re: Buffalo

I live here in Buffalo and really didn't think in my lifetime id get to see the man.

I am very excited...probably need to take Friday off work!

woot! next week! first time seeing Morrissey, though i've been a fan for over 20 years (yes, it's a sad thing). i'm scared about all the cancellations, seeing as how Buffalo is on the first leg of the tour, i'm afraid he might not be able to do the show. ugh!

My wife and I are going. This is my fifth time seeing hinm, but this is by far the closest to home. I work in Buffalo and live in Rochester.

Hello Buffalo!

im gonna be driving down from Toronto and am wondering if there is anywhere around the university that i could go for a drink before the show?

any suggestions from those that live down there?

thank you....

Hello Buffalo!

im gonna be driving down from Toronto and am wondering if there is anywhere around the university that i could go for a drink before the show?

any suggestions from those that live down there?

thank you....
There aren't many bars around the North Campus, where the concert is -- it's located in Amherst, a suburb of Buffalo. Most of the happening life would be in Buffalo itself on Main street near South Campus (the older UB Campus located in Buffalo), on Elmwood near Buffalo State College or parts of Hertel Avenue. Other than Main street though, they're all kinda out of the way. There's also Chippawa street downtown... but that's more clubs from what I get of it.

The one that seems the most interesting is Cole's (their official site) on Elmwood, but that's on one of the really out of the way streets. (the first site has a pretty extensive list too. I guess Buffalo's weird because our bars stay open until 4 usually, which is late other places.)

The life around North Campus is mostly bar/restaurants like Unos, Chilli's, and Applebee's. Those have bars, but I can't say much about the atmosphere.

But if you wanted to avoid drinking and driving, you could hit a bar on Main Street (like Broadway Joe's-area) and walk to South Campus and take the shuttle from South Campus to North.

Umm, if you had any more questions I could probably try to answer them. At least with directions... Unfortunately Buffalo isn't centrally lively and you basically need a car to get from one place to the other. I love it, but it certainly has it's drawbacks.

Last edited:
Buffalo, NY -- March 19th -- Roll Call, Plans, Etc...

Hello!

I live in Rochester, and I'll be heading to Buffalo next Thursday for the show.

Who else?

I'm a younger fan (19) and my girlfriend and I have some rather unfortunate balcony seats.

But still -- we shall be in attendance.

Does anyone know if Pit Seats will be available?

How about any affiliated contests? Meet 'n' Greets? (Doubtful on both accounts)

I'd love to run up and shake Moz's hand, but I'd hate to get bounced and leave my lady up top.

Post your plans and what-not.

My first Morrissey show is fast approaching!

-ALEC

Re: Buffalo, NY -- March 19th -- Roll Call, Plans, Etc...

The venue doesn't have a pit. (It's in the arts center of the campus so it's usually used for plays or orchetral concerts and the sort.) Which is why I'm not quite sure how a rock concert (especially a Morrissey concert) will work with it.

Right right! I actually forgot to mention that. -- One of my main questions was as to how a rock show works in a seated arena (having gone only to pit/floor shows)?

I'd heard from an uncle that at some venues, they'll sell last-minute seats for foldin chairs in front of the first row. Anyone know how this works?

For those who've seen a seated Moz show, what's the possibility of my Girlfriend and I sneaking up towards the front? (And I know security's different at every show.)

Oi! Thanks.
-A

def will not be selling seats in folding chairs... You also can run up front pretty easy if you had orchestra seats but since you will be up top, they may have 2 different entrances and look at your ticket to get to each

Hello!

I'd love to run up and shake Moz's hand, but I'd hate to get bounced and leave my lady up top.

Post your plans and what-not.

My first Morrissey show is fast approaching!

-ALEC

My first one too.......and now having lost my date for the show I have a spare ticket!

What should I wear to the concert?

i have second row tickets, but now i dont think i can make it.

I'm interested episteme. I sent you a private message.

Please and thank you,
-ALEC

Just bumping our topic up. It's one day till showtime now, and no one's made any special plans. -A

Just bumping our topic up. It's one day till showtime now, and no one's made any special plans. -A

i'm free during the day to help anyone navigate in/around the area if anyone needs the help. the problem is, i'm going to the show with my boyfriend and he works until 4:30 and we have planned to go together, we won't be there until probably 6 or so. i know none of you know me, as i've only very recently joined the forum, but if anyone truly needs help getting around, i am more than willing to help out a fellow Moz fan. just pm me and i'll give you my number so you can call/text if you have any problems. sound good?

Any meet-ups?

Our thread is buried. I'll be wearing a blue button-up with a black tie and vest. My girlfriend will be next to me.

See anybody there?

-ALEC

Any meet-ups?

Our thread is buried. I'll be wearing a blue button-up with a black tie and vest. My girlfriend will be next to me.

See anybody there?

-ALEC

i'll be up in the balcony... won't be at the show til about 6 or so, depending on my boyfriend and how quickly he can get ready after work. i hate that it's a week night, we can't do anything after the show, but... we will be attempting to meet Moz, i'm sure... see you, perhaps?

Tags
buffalo ny
Back
Top Bottom