"Bulbous salutation in the otherwise festive zone" card

Posted by @mikejoyce / Twitter:

@mikejoyce: It was sent to me today.

festive_card.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Bulbous salutation in the otherwise festive zone" card

only 10 percent Joyce and Daesh would stoop so low.

Lighten up, Morrissey. Lighten up, lighten up.

- - - Updated - - -

This is funny stuff, and anybody who thinks otherwise obviously needs their stocking stuffed more often!

And taking TWO people, JOHNNY AND MORRISSEY, to court for something I agreed with in the first place, isn't?

Shut up dickhead. Who won the case? You got a problem, go argue with Judge Weeks, or do you prefer justice on your terms and not the law of the land? Remember the appeal also failed?

Last edited:
Legalized theft
leaves me bereft
I get it straight in the neck
(somehow expecting no less)
a court of justice
with no use for Truth
Lawyer ...liar
lawyer ...liar
you pleaded and squealed
and you think you've won
but Sorrow will come
to you in the end

and I'm gonna get you
so don't close your eyes
don't ever close your eyes

you think you've won
oh no

"A sense of humor
could give you a tumor
you go straight into fits
(over the silliest shit)
A constant head nodding,
with no room for proof-
Yes men, depressed hens,
yes men, depressed hens
You've sourly defended,
that he does no wrong,
but laughter will come
to you in the end

And I'm gonna bet you-
You'll waste your life-
don't ever fault this guy-

You think he's got charm?
Oh no."

BREAKING NEWS: First single off the soon to be released List of the Lost soundtrack...

Some Bulbous Salutations are Bigger Than Others

From the ice-age to the dole-age
There is but one concern
I have just discovered :
Some bulbous salutations are bigger than others
Some guy's bulbous salutations are bigger than
Other guy's bulbous salutations
Some guy's bulbous salutations are bigger than
Other guy's bulbous salutations

Be sure to pick your copy up soon because Moz needs the $$$. Excellent stocking stuffer for Christmas!

Last edited:

If Joyce and Rourke were equal partners(as they believed they were) wouldn't they with M and Marr be there making decisions and shaping with the accountants documents that they then would all together agree on to sign? Why was it left up to M and Johnny to do this work if they were all holding the same reins of power in the Smiths finances?

Look, many tried to explain it to you but you just can't grasp it.

Rourke and Joyce DIDN'T have the same reins of power in all finances within The Smiths. They ONLY complained about live fees and mechanical royalties. If you are a frontman, you have much more on your shoulder, more responsibility, more work, more time invested etc. In return you get much more from songwriting royalties (financially) and you get much more recognition (morally). Robbing the rhytm section on live and mechanical royalties is pitiful and pathetic and makes you seem you are a greedy bastard.

"I reckon" I see Mike Joyce pop up here and there around my "village". Last time I saw him, he was drumming with some pick up house band at the Belly Up in Solana Beach. I think he may have just been drumming for meth. I wonder if he lives in LA too and him and Morrissey's paths could cross one day, but I don't think he could afford LA unless he moves in with Lemmy and his son at the apt. in Hollywood. Maybe John Maher will have the heart to to take him in at his house in Oregon. Anonymous-

'Rourke and Joyce DIDN'T have the same reins of power in all finances within The Smiths.'

meaning they were not equal partners,meaning why would they expect 25 percent?

' They ONLY complained about live fees and mechanical royalties.'

o.k. fine. And I'm not agreeing with M, but by his trial account no documents could be provided that any money made from live shows went into M and Marr's pockets. As for 'mechanical royalties' fine, give them the 10 percent
from sales... Didn't they get the 10 percent from those royalties?

'If you are a frontman, you have much more on your shoulder, more responsibility, more work, more time invested etc. In return you get much more from songwriting royalties (financially) and you get much more recognition (morally).'

True. But why forget about Marr in all this? Did he not have a hand in this also? In sharing the decisions and responsibilities in the band? And I don't understand what you mean by 'robbing' ? Didn't they get their due 10 percent?

help me... 'grasp it'.

No, their due would have been 25% as every other decent singer and songwriter would have given without hesitation. In live and mechanical. I personally think Marr was as greedy and idecent as Morrissey in this.
By "frontman" i meant Marr, too, in this situation. If you take the responsibility, invested work and time, you get recognition and songwriting royalties in return. Like i wrote: believe me, they are substantially higher than mechanical royalties.

Having said all this - surely it wasn't and isn't only The Smiths where business and financial issues were/are handled like this. Far from it. This doesn't make this story any less disgusting.

again...

If Joyce and Rourke were equal partners(as they believed they were) wouldn't they with M and Marr be there making decisions and shaping with the accountants documents that they then would all together agree on to sign? Why was it left up to M and Johnny to do this work if they were all holding the same reins of power in the Smiths finances?

Morrissey got screwed by the judge, Joyce cashed a 10% check over and over , so he agreed it was 10%, US law. STUPIDITY isn't a defense.

Look, many tried to explain it to you but you just can't grasp it.

Rourke and Joyce DIDN'T have the same reins of power in all finances within The Smiths. They ONLY complained about live fees and mechanical royalties. If you are a frontman, you have much more on your shoulder, more responsibility, more work, more time invested etc. In return you get much more from songwriting royalties (financially) and you get much more recognition (morally). Robbing the rhytm section on live and mechanical royalties is pitiful and pathetic and makes you seem you are a greedy bastard.

I think time has proven that while yes, the frontman has a lot on his shoulders, if he plays no instruments, and writes no music, then there is a lot on the shoulders of his bandmates as well. The band has slid into decline as evidenced by plodders like, oh, at least the last two albums. (Generously speaking)
They have their moments, but YOR was dreck from start to finish.

Morrissey got screwed by the judge, Joyce cashed a 10% check over and over , so he agreed it was 10%, US law. STUPIDITY isn't a defense.

I thought it was dollars in th US. But if it's percent, I guess the cheques would have been evidence in Morrissey's favour. In the UK it's pounds, and when you get a cheque it doesn't have the percentage written on.

I suppose Joyce's case would have been stronger in the US if he had declined to bank any of his cheques for the whole 13 years of the dispute. Plus, he would have been a lot thinner, so I can see why you choose to live there.

contracts seen/unseen, signed/unsigned... If Joyce and Rourke were equal partners(as they believed they were) wouldn't they with M and Marr be there making decisions and shaping with the accountants documents that they then would all together agree on to sign? Why was it left up to M and Johnny to do this work if they were all holding the same reins of power in the Smiths finances?

And shouldn't that read.. If you believe this true..'So Morrissey AND MARR wouldn't have to tell them that they were only recieving 10%.'

It's as if saying it's all M's fault... You may as well say that M was the Smiths.

Because Morrissey is an asshole and they didn't want to fight with him every day. They probably thought wrongly that they could trust Johnny but he has flip-flopped repeatedly over the years and was more interested in how to get his hair cut and what shade of shoe polish to dye it with than he was with loyalty to his bandmates.
Just stop. This was all settled in court and even if whatever you believe to be the truth is the reality of it, Morrissey has spent far more, and lost far more, than he would have if he had accepted the judgment of the court. Being caught in your scheme, legal or not, and then spending years whining about it is not in any way respectable or defensible. I happen to side with the courts but either way, when you lose one you lose, and who cares? As a (former?) fan of The Smiths I don't listen to the songs thinking about what percentage everyone got paid. Morrissey is known to be an unfair, greedy, cheapskate, and haha, yes, that's sort of amusing as a character trait to a point, but really to keep this going this long? To ruin the memories of his greatest success because of money when he already got rich off of it? He's a fool. That's fine. He is a songwriter. He doesn't have to be good at anything but writing and singing songs, but on the other hand there is no need to pretend he is a victim or that he is logical.
When you throw good money after bad for 20 years, and trash your band's legacy because you didn't get as rich as you'd hoped at the expense of people that were once your close associates, you are not a victim. You're a fool.

Oh Mike ! So much to thankyou for !
Great to have you onboard HMS Debunk.
I can just picture Damon having to nurse his 5* bollocks in the hotel tonight after this kicking ! Ha ha !
4ck to the Smiths reunion ! You, Andy, Johnny and possibly Craig don't deserve to have to put up with this silly prick ! AKA, Silly Steven Crankfraud. He's bored us to death with his importance of being a hypocrite. The sooner he dies the better.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

That would assume he saw the full amount that came in. That accounting would not be on a check. The amount of the check, as the band grew in popularity, probably changed so that 10% in the later years was a greater amount than 25$ had been in the earlier years. They probably barely got paid at the start, and then once they did, and Morrissey realized how much of "his" money was going to his bandmates he decided it was too much.
It seems they all shared the same accountants and lawyers and Mike should have gotten a lawyer before he did. It was after the dust settled that he decided to look into it. So he could be faulted for not getting a lawyer sooner. But it can't be assumed he was cashing checks knowing they were for less than he was owed. Before the band made money they had to pay back advances and other costs, and the first wave of success would have mostly gone towards repaying debt to the record company. Later as the first records continued to sell, and more product was released, the income would be several times greater. That's why a drop from 25% might not have been noticed without an audit. And once he did an audit he got a lawyer.
So are you saying he should not have gotten a lawyer? Or that not getting one in time should have disqualified his case? Whatever, the courts found he was entitled, and because Morrissey made no effort to settle the case he did owe the judgment.

Because Morrissey is an asshole and they didn't want to fight with him every day. They probably thought wrongly that they could trust Johnny but he has flip-flopped repeatedly over the years and was more interested in how to get his hair cut and what shade of shoe polish to dye it with than he was with loyalty to his bandmates.
Just stop. This was all settled in court and even if whatever you believe to be the truth is the reality of it, Morrissey has spent far more, and lost far more, than he would have if he had accepted the judgment of the court. Being caught in your scheme, legal or not, and then spending years whining about it is not in any way respectable or defensible. I happen to side with the courts but either way, when you lose one you lose, and who cares? As a (former?) fan of The Smiths I don't listen to the songs thinking about what percentage everyone got paid. Morrissey is known to be an unfair, greedy, cheapskate, and haha, yes, that's sort of amusing as a character trait to a point, but really to keep this going this long? To ruin the memories of his greatest success because of money when he already got rich off of it? He's a fool. That's fine. He is a songwriter. He doesn't have to be good at anything but writing and singing songs, but on the other hand there is no need to pretend he is a victim or that he is logical.
When you throw good money after bad for 20 years, and trash your band's legacy because you didn't get as rich as you'd hoped at the expense of people that were once your close associates, you are not a victim. You're a fool.

Fingers crossed he'll die soon.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom