Bush remark mentioned in Toronto's Metro (of all things!)

A

Ann Coates

This story certainly has legs, I never expected to see Morrissey mentioned in our town's lowly free daily paper Metro:

Morrissey expresses Bush wish

Rock icon Morrissey has caused outrage among American fans with reported comments that he wished U.S.President George W. Bush had died, BBC News Online reports. The former Smiths front-man informed a Dublin crowd on Saturday that former U.S.president Ronald Reagan had died, the Manchester Evening News reported. He went on to say he wished current president, Bush, had died instead, according to the paper. The paper ’s website has 100 comments —most from the United States —with about six out of every seven criticizing the singer. His spokesman was unavailable for comment to BBC News Online yesterday, but told the newspaper there was no recording of the Dublin Castle show. “But as far as we can tell, Morrissey was just alerting the audience to the fact that Ronald Reagan had died,” he said. “He then simply followed that up with his comment about George Bush, which was his own opinion. He is no stranger to controversy.”
Metro Toronto news services

http://www.metronews.ca/uploadedFiles/cator_20040611_A_Metro.pdf

(Page 24)

Freep

Ugh - these 'outraged americans' are called FREEPERS and they are notorious for bombarding sites that do anything but worship the shrub with endless hatemail. This is just par for the course with them.

Re: Freep

> Ugh - these 'outraged americans' are called FREEPERS and they are
> notorious for bombarding sites that do anything but worship the shrub with
> endless hatemail. This is just par for the course with them.

Yes, I'm sure that of the "six of every seven" negative responses, very few were Morrissey fans to begin with. Otherwise, how could this possibly come as a surprise? The man wrote Maragaret on the Guillotine, fer goodness sake!

Re: Freep

> Ugh - these 'outraged americans' are called FREEPERS.

Ok, I did some searching on "Freepers". Free Republlic is their web site, but I did find a few surprises. Some of them did know The Smiths and actually owned some of their stuff. Look for yourself. Ann Coates said they never listened to Morrissey, but looks like she was wrong. Some of them did, some never heard of him, some could care less. But I was surprised to see that some did know him. Read if for yourself.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1151345/posts

freerepublic.com-don't bother.

> Ok, I did some searching on "Freepers". Free Republlic is their
> web site, but I did find a few surprises. Some of them did know The Smiths
> and actually owned some of their stuff. Look for yourself. Ann Coates said
> they never listened to Morrissey, but looks like she was wrong. Some of
> them did, some never heard of him, some could care less. But I was
> surprised to see that some did know him. Read if for yourself.

> http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1151345/posts
I posted on there that the homophobes on the board are giving republicans a bad name and my post was removed and I was banned from the site. I find it interesting they allow the homophobic comments about gerbils and child molestation remain.
Banned from a site, now I know how Andy EI feels.

Re: freerepublic.com-don't bother.

> I posted on there that the homophobes on the board are giving republicans
> a bad name and my post was removed and I was banned from the site. I find
> it interesting they allow the homophobic comments about gerbils and child
> molestation remain.
> Banned from a site, now I know how Andy EI feels.

Ummm... It takes a three day waiting period for newbies to post there. I can't post there yet, but somehow you could. Hummm.. Sounds like you are just making this stuff up to me. Also I doubt you can provide a link to the supposed gerbils and child molestation quotes either. I also like how you use the term "homophobes", it is a word invented by homosexuals to try and garner respect for their weirdo lifestyle. I guess I am a homophobe, cause I don't like their lifestyle either. I must be a childmolestphobe too, maybe a rapeaphobe, definately a murderaphobe. I don't like any of those activities.

But you can prove me wrong, please link the post where someone (other than an alterego of yourself) talks favorable about child molestation. I think they delete offending posts like that from what I can gather. Otherwise I think you are just making up stuff hoping it will stick (Aka. lying your butt off). I sorta like the site myself, now that I have looked it over.

pic179672.jpg

Devils propably registered ages ago

she is the token republican on here

Back
Top Bottom