Busy Philipps posts Instagram story of friend meeting Morrissey at Orville Peck in LA (Aug 18, 2019)

(originally posted in the Strange/unexpected Moz references? thread)

I'm not sure how to embed Instagram stories, but currently Busy Phillips (actress) has a series of videos on her story of her and her friend reacting to meeting Morrissey at a club in LA last night. According to the friend, he couldn't have been nicer. It was nice to hear.

Posted by an anonymous person:

full

Uploaded videos captured by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview Orville Peck,
Orly talks about Morrissey's influence on him.

https://i-d.vice.com/fr/article/59x...ville-peck-est-le-plus-bel-outsider-damerique

Someone like Morrissey was also important?

Oh yes. There is in me an influence of these heroes of the Indian indie and synthetic scene. I love the Smiths, The Cure, New Order ... I know that Morrissey is a complex personality, but he remains the perfect example of someone really strange, who is fighting against his identity because he is obviously very sensitive. From his beginnings with the Smiths, he sang in a very theatrical way and inevitably, he speaks to me. He keeps a super beautiful voice. Like Glenn Danzig, singer of The Misfits, a crazy punk band. He actually sings beautifully, like Cher!

Orville Peck - Full Performance (Live on KEXP)

This year for me ... An older guy Smiths Caley Paley (spelt right?!) ... Good gig ... This year 2 stone cold classic albums .. Purple Mountains () and Pony ... Peck is awesome ... love his music ... Unusual for Morrissey .. good choice

He reminds me of Lana Del Rey, which doesn't mean that I don't like him.

She was in the movies about Larry Flynt and Andy Kaufman and then it seemed like she was over it and wanted to go back to being a singer. Being in movies is much harder as far as scheduling and when she is a singer it's all about her. As an actress she has to put up with other people but as a singer they have to put up with her.
and Basquiat. dummy.

This year for me ... An older guy Smiths Caley Paley (spelt right?!) ... Good gig ... This year 2 stone cold classic albums .. Purple Mountains () and Pony ... Peck is awesome ... love his music ... Unusual for Morrissey .. good choice

Country music is shyte!

His upbringing wasn't easy when dad compared him with genius twins.

"That 's my son". The walking lamp.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom