Morrissey Central But Before You Go, Can You Look At The Truth - Fiona tweet, concert footage from 2011, UK doctors / vegan article (May 17, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
"OPINION"
unnamed-2_zrulji.jpg

"ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST"

"BUT BEFORE YOU GO, CAN YOU LOOK AT THE TRUTH?"
Adjustments_tgmiti.jpg

Fiona's tweet, concert footage (of Still Ill) & an article about UK doctors going vegan to prevent future global pandemics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the obsession with singles? Really mean nothing in today’s world. This isn’t 1985 and everyone looking forward to the next 45rpm to play on the jukebox in the pub.
At that level, why bother with physical releases at all? Or even record labels, for that matter.

The “problem” is people like you and the mainstream media constantly insisting he has a problem because of some violation of political correctness. In the real world no one I know has a problem with anything Moz has said or done. Must be a UK thing. But the UK media has been out to get Moz for over a quarter-century, since NME started their anti-Moz campaign in 1992 over Finsbury.
Where have I raised ‘some violation of political correctness’?

But that's disingenuous, because it implies journalists and unpublished/minor novelists only hated it out of spite and bitterness, and does not allow for the notion that it was simply terrible.
Have you read it?

Have you read it?
I've read it. It was okay. Didn't like the part where he said that the murders of boys gets less attention than murders of girls, but liked the book generally. Bulbous salutions to you.

I've read it. It was okay. Didn't like the part where he said that the murders of boys gets less attention than murders of girls, but liked the book generally. Bulbous salutions to you.
I still have not read it and couldn't care less what reviews it got from the ahem, journalists...

I still have not read it and couldn't care less what reviews it got from the ahem, journalists...
You should read it. It's an enjoyable little book. Don't expect realism from it, as every aspect of the book is pure surreal romanticism, from the dialogue to the plot. Plus, the syntax takes some getting used to. The plot almost serves as a vehicle for Moz's own opinions and beautiful insights. I went in expecting to hate it because of all the poor reviews, but I actually really enjoyed reading it.

Latest album was good, but there's no doubt he can hardly get arrested these days; his loyal fanbase is a fraction of the size it was.

The tweet mentions IANADOAC going in at number 3 (likely to be >10k album sales).

Doesn't mention that the following week he fell out of the top 100 albums...

A decent solo album like that should do a lot better. Meanwhile, I often point out that lot of his releases from the past few years have <100k views on Youtube...so yeah, he's persona non-grata for most people.

Latest album was good, but there's no doubt he can hardly get arrested these days; his loyal fanbase is a fraction of the size it was.

The tweet mentions IANADOAC going in at number 3 (likely to be >10k album sales).

A decent solo album like that should do a lot better. Meanwhile, I often point out that lot of his releases from the past few years have <100k views on Youtube...so yeah, he's persona non-grata for most people.
Commercially, he’s in the most trouble he’s been in for the 28 years I’ve been buying his records. He can steel it out, and turn/waste his creative energies on the task of reinventing the failure as some splendid defeat (the trajectory he seems to be on)—but he could be 70 before the (admittedly inevitable) revival occurs.

Alternatively, he could immediately consolidate the fans he has left (through a Vauxhall and I tour, or some such), sell out small venues, and catch the eye of a minor record label who’d support a new release—but not a film star lifestyle.

But the bottom line is this: if he was to play another 12,000 seat arena (with the lockdown lifted) he’d be lucky to sell 5000 tickets. And I refuse to be a gravedigger, by declaring that to be some kind of triumph.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at that show...nine years ago. Feels like 30 years ago.

Commercially, he’s in the most trouble he’s been in for the 28 years I’ve been buying his records. He can steel it out, and turn/waste his creative energies on the task of reinventing the failure as some splendid defeat (the trajectory he seems to be on)—but he could be 70 before the (admittedly inevitable) revival occurs.

Alternatively, he could immediately consolidate the fans he has left (through a Vauxhall and I tour, or some such), sell out small venues, and catch the eye of a minor record label who’d support a new release—but not a film star lifestyle.

But the bottom line is this: if he was to play another 12,000 seat arena (with the lockdown lifted) he’d be lucky to sell 5000 tickets. And I refuse to be a gravedigger, by declaring that to be some kind of triumph.

Someone will number crunch & they'll book what's viable. He's not THAT crazy.

At the moment though it looks like he hates the media & probably every friend who turned on him immediately instead of wondering if he was ok (he cries in public, he locks himself in rooms - most people would call a doctor if their colleague was behaving like that) - & will keep doing what he can till he can't.

But, you never know. Showbiz is weird. He might find his Sharon Osbourne.

that was my 50th bday, flew in from miami day after thanksgiving for this on saturday and mon Fox theatre Pomona. @5:15 he took a steve mcqueen book, got a handshake during maladjusted when he says "..my friend, my friend..." i remeber him saying something about how high the stage was..yea it was, also about a football game being played down street.

What a crock. He's been persona non grata ever since people learned how to say persona non grata. Even those that don't like him are lucky to have him. Who else is worth whingeing about?

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom