Buying ROTT vinyl, bad idea?

Carcinus

Southern, no charm
Is now a bad time to buy a vinyl release of Ringleader of the Tormentors? I see "rumors" of a re-release or remaster. But maybe it's worthwhile to have an original copy before any changes have been made? It's a good album but I don't have a strong attachment to it like I do Maladjusted or even YoR. What are your thoughts?

Is now a bad time to buy a vinyl release of Ringleader of the Tormentors? I see "rumors" of a re-release or remaster. But maybe it's worthwhile to have an original copy before any changes have been made? It's a good album but I don't have a strong attachment to it like I do Maladjusted or even YoR. What are your thoughts?
Without dragging you through the archive, the general 'feel' was that the production on the album wasn't as good as it could have been. Widely debated, but a remaster might be appreciated - assuming it actually happens. If they are adding strings and bits as suggested, then I'd grab the original to have as a comparison should the new one appear this year.
Regards,
FWD.

I’d say worth a buy regardless of whether it will; or it won’t be reissued
It’s a pity it’s not 2009. July that year saw HMV knock them out for £3 :paranoid:

Back
Top Bottom