"By The Time I get To Wherever I'm Going" - Lost Morrissey studio track posted by SER

Why do people complain......I bet if this was posted as a unreleased Smiths song people would be amazed...would they be able to tell the difference? I think not!

Yes because being out of the Trump something to be respected?... f***ing hell .

I was talking about technique. Has nothing to do with whether someone likes the policies. He managed to win the White House against all odds and with the establishment media, establishment Dems, establishment GOP, and the Deep State gunning for him as hard as they could. That's historic and impressive even if you don't like him. (I have mixed feelings about him.)

But he's not nearly as bad as the panicked, hysterical MSM makes it out. While they freak out about his aesthetics and vulgarity, yesterday we learned the CIA director had a secret meeting with Kim Jong Un to prep for the summit no one imagined possible during 16 long years of Obama and Bush foreign policy disasters and failure. If Trump gets a denuclearization deal (and it looks like he will) it won't matter what anyone says about him thereafter, he will go down in history with an indisputably great achievement. Whereas Fake Nobel Peace Prize Winner and ISIS founder Obama achieved disasters in Libya, Syria and everywhere you look. Obama, a coward who broke all his promises, caved to the establishment and the same old continued. My goodness, he let Hillary Clinton talk him into the Libya catastrophe.

You sure get worked up about the interviewer having different taste in music. The post-Smiths body of work is wonderful and, yes, quite varied. His solo masterpieces in my mind are Viva Hate, Your Arsenal, Vauxhall & I, the Maladjusted reissue (with the killer b-sides), You Are The Quarry, Ringleader of the Tormenters, and Low In High School.
That's 7 masterpieces. Beyond those are great songs and near-masterpieces everywhere you look, with the exception of Kill Uncle. Then you add in all the great tours and live albums and concert videos.......
And yes, much better than what Bowie was doing from the early 80's on. You yourself have all the Morrissey albums and few of Bowie's. I'll give Bowie lots of credit for his deathbed album (however, he had an unfair advantage in those circumstances), but just stop if you're gonna tell me Heathen is better than Low in High School. The best song on Heathen is a Pixies cover. But, then, the best song on Black Tie White Noise is a Morrissey cover.

Morrissey isn't anymore in touch than any other 55 years old pub idiot....
By the way have you ever heard Morrisseys mom and dad talk , they sound like Irish potato farmers-

Wow, look at your bigotry.

Last edited:
Love it....hope Moz comes back to Australia with the tour.....I honestly find this more like a smiths song than anything else....but ohhh well

I was talking about technique. Has nothing to do with whether someone likes the policies. He managed to win the White House against all odds and with the establishment media, establishment Dems, establishment GOP, and the Deep State gunning for him as hard as they could. That's historic and impressive even if you don't like him. (I have mixed feelings about him.)

But he's not nearly as bad as the panicked, hysterical MSM makes it out. While they freak out about his aesthetics and vulgarity, yesterday we learned the CIA director had a secret meeting with Kim Jong Un to prep for the summit no one imagined possible during 16 long years of Obama and Bush foreign policy disasters and failure. If Trump gets a denuclearization deal (and it looks like he will) it won't matter what anyone says about him thereafter, he will go down in history with an indisputably great achievement. Whereas Fake Nobel Peace Prize Winner and ISIS founder Obama achieved disasters in Libya, Syria and everywhere you look. Obama, a coward who broke all his promises, caved to the establishment and the same old continued. My goodness, he let Hillary Clinton talk him into the Libya catastrophe.

You sure get worked up about the interviewer having different taste in music. The post-Smiths body of work is wonderful and, yes, quite varied. His solo masterpieces in my mind are Viva Hate, Your Arsenal, Vauxhall & I, the Maladjusted reissue (with the killer b-sides), You Are The Quarry, Ringleader of the Tormenters, and Low In High School.
That's 7 masterpieces. Beyond those are great songs and near-masterpieces everywhere you look, with the exception of Kill Uncle. Then you add in all the great tours and live albums and concert videos.......
And yes, much better than what Bowie was doing from the early 80's on. You yourself have all the Morrissey albums and few of Bowie's. I'll give Bowie lots of credit for his deathbed album (however, he had an unfair advantage in those circumstances), but just stop if you're gonna tell me Heathen is better than Low in High School. The best song on Heathen is a Pixies cover. But, then, the best song on Black Tie White Noise is a Morrissey cover.

Wow, look at your bigotry.

The best song on YA was a bowie steal , Bowie just stole it back.
To even try to compare bowie to Morrissey is insane . Morrissey is a singing bigot these days. A joke to the outside world. Who gives a f*** about trending on Twitter, what are you 12?
I don't know much about David so I'll get back to you. I'll Speak to my bowie mad friend, again. Hes more morrissey than morrisseys been since the early 90s. He was good friends with KY, I think. I'll see what he says, he seems to know things
I do know this, we all know the morrissey tours weren't sell outs. People were giving away tickets in Manchester. In fact nearly every venue wasn't sold out on every tour for the last 15 years, apart from the last one.
He even couldn't sell out the Hollywood Bowl in LA for two nights. I know that as I was at both nights. That's how bad it's got.
Bowies son is a well known director with some respect, intelligent and creative. Sam and his brother still act like a Morrissey fan, over the world that they are allowed on tour. They have zero talent A laughing stock. Not morrisseys fault but it shows the blood line and culture around the two homes.
Just checked Bowie was selling out huge arenas since 81. Morrissey has never been able to do that.
Morrisseys influence has never gone as far and as wide as David's, now I'm still a Morrissey fan and know hardly anything about David Bowie but I know that.
I can also tell that David Bowie was a great man, a good human with values. Morrissey has no real values anymore and has no real growth of spirt, the opposite I'm fact.

I know what you meant about Trump, it's still dumbass you would think that anything from the Trump play book is to be respected, all he does is depend on stupid people to vote for him, which is kinda what morrissey has been doing post Quarry - anything for a dollar. The Mexican audience.is a clear example of that. Just look at Morrisseys music since quarry is pretty much paint by numbers. Don't even get us started on the last part of Autobiography and List Of The Lost.

I'm with you skinny.. This song blows. Along everything he has put out since Ringleader, and that one really had to grow on me. Quarry was the last of the creativity. I didn't even but world peace or high school or any of the singles. And I use to buy and collect EVERYTHING. It's all over for me...
Good. Don't forget to shut the door on the way out.

Why do people complain......I bet if this was posted as a unreleased Smiths song people would be amazed...would they be able to tell the difference? I think not!
The first thought I had when I heard this is "Oh, even if the Smiths were to reform, he couldn't sing half of the songs because his voice has changed too much and most of the songs would have to be rearranged to suit his much lower register." You might fool a fool, but the vocals and melody aren't the best.

The first thought I had when I heard this is "Oh, even if the Smiths were to reform, he couldn't sing half of the songs because his voice has changed too much and most of the songs would have to be rearranged to suit his much lower register." You might fool a fool, but the vocals and melody aren't the best.
I had that thought too. The other thought I had was the entire Smiths aesthetic has changed as well. Morrissey physically looks and acts like a completely different person from the Morrissey of the 80's. A Smiths reunion would be a disaster. That ship has sailed...in 1997. The window is closed and covered with plywood.

I had that thought too. The other thought I had was the entire Smiths aesthetic has changed as well. Morrissey physically looks and acts like a completely different person from the Morrissey of the 80's. A Smiths reunion would be a disaster. That ship has sailed...in 1997. The window is closed and covered with plywood.
When Morrissey is such a disaster that even a last ditch attempt at reuniting the Smiths wouldn't change anything (because god knows the headlines would be derailed by his verbal diarrhea) maybe it's time to just close shop. It's very cynical and gross already with the hangers on and late-era Elvis yes-men, and fans split into two camps.

according to my non-favorite dictionary, the urban dic., "on the lawn", among other definitions, means " a husband's second bed" when his wife is angry with him and tells him "to go away and sleep on the lawn tonight". i dont know whether this leads anywhere, but it might offer a glimpse of a hidden story line.
secondly, there is OTL: "on the lawn" = ready to get f***ed up and party with big ed... whoever big ed is, i cant say. according to the urban dic this is the "top definition".
then, "lawn" on its own seems to be just another term for "vagina", as husbands are usually proudly presenting it like a showpiece of their property to the public eye but at the same time do not allow any intruders on "their" lawn.

instead of "have you" "help you on the lawn" could also be possible, like telling one's older parents who need some help in the garden, that one cannot help because of a lack of time when busily travelling the world and giving concerts in places with so many names but almost identical hotel rooms and urban sceneries so that nobody can tell them apart any longer.

A lawn could imply havin' made a home with someone. On the lawn of the home you've made together.
Hey, ya can only sit around and talk about logic for so long.

Like many of Morrissey's later songs, he seems to sit in front of a microphone moaning while searching for a melody that never arrives. He has to shove so many words together in his long, drawn out phrases that it just goes on, and on, and sounds tedious.

Good. Don't forget to shut the door on the way out.
That door was slammed shut in 2007. All you going chaps can bicker back and forth about this racist old ads man that should of retired in 2004. I never in 100 years would of thought he would turn into this pile of trash of a career when I was watching the Arsenal show in 1992 in Charlotte, NC.

I'm intrigued by the lack of time. Time seems to be an issue. Like "time do as I wish".
He's obsessed with his looming mortality and pissed off that the world changed when he wasn't paying attention.

Edited to say go sit on it, Thewlis. Is he not?

Last edited:
This just in: John Riggers proclaims this song the best he's heard since "I Wish You Lonely" and "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On the Stage", and much stronger than anything off Viva Hate.

And he adds: Thank you for everything Morrissey, especially World Peace is None of Your Business.

This just in: John Riggers proclaims this song the best he's heard since "I Wish You Lonely" and "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On the Stage", and much stronger than anything off Viva Hate.

And he adds: Thank you for everything Morrissey, especially World Peace is None of Your Business.
He and John Barron should get together for tea.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...himself/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.734f4a790043

Edited to say once again, Go sit on it, Thewlis. The latest really does seem like Morrissey interviewed himself as well as practiced a fair amount of auto fellatio. Flexible old goat.

Last edited:
I'm with you skinny.. This song blows. Along everything he has put out since Ringleader, and that one really had to grow on me. Quarry was the last of the creativity. I didn't even but world peace or high school or any of the singles. And I use to buy and collect EVERYTHING. It's all over for me...

Wow you've been hanging around a forum of an artist you haven't liked since at least 2006. Good to hear after over a decade you've finally made a decision, I suspect you and Uncle Skinny will no longer be posting here :)

Can someone make a download of this great track and post in the download forum? It so good I want to be able to listen in many different devices.:thumb:
Ignore the haters, they will only be satisfied if Moz makes a song off the Koran.:lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom