"By The Time I get To Wherever I'm Going" - Lost Morrissey studio track posted by SER

Did benny like it?

I like it. It's obviously not a fully finished track -- no real overdubs, etc. Whoever cited "Please Help the Cause Against Loneliness" is onto something... that bouncy drum beat and bassline are definitely reminiscent. I can imagine how the guitar solo/breakdown at the end could have been filled out if it had made the cut to an actual track.

At last, someone who has an ear for a delicious guitar (Gretsch?) bass and drums.
It's a good arrangement too. Bravo Boz. And the bass, the bass.. that's actually the best bass guitar that I've heard (in a studio setting) for many years. Mando ? Superb.

The rest of you couldn't play Glockenspiel for your lives (or even IF one of your own lives actually depended upon being capable of stringing a few notes together, in time, or even not-in-time to be frank.) Fools x

Hazard
x

I’m hearing that, too. Lawn. Curious choice.
manscaping-fails03.jpg

d39796f591e6b1ae8f2436b7aad9eb4c--hair-art-angel-wings.jpg

He’s obsessed with manscaping, get it?

Can someone make a download of this great track and post in the download forum? It so good I want to be able to listen in many different devices.:thumb:
Ignore the haters, they will only be satisfied if Moz makes a song off the Koran.:lbf:
I thought “Istanbul” was for the Mussulmans...

Wow you've been hanging around a forum of an artist you haven't liked since at least 2006. Good to hear after over a decade you've finally made a decision, I suspect you and Uncle Skinny will no longer be posting here :)
i pop in every now and then to laugh at you looser still holding on to a dream and see how pathetic you guys are still worshiping this old man. It makes me feel better about myself and my life.. Hahaha... Later suckers..:lbf:

Love it! Thank you Moz. And I do believe I'm the right one to bang Moz on the lawn. :)

#iHeartMOZ

Wonderful song, up there with the very best of High School! Looking forward to the new album.

i pop in every now and then to laugh at you looser still holding on to a dream and see how pathetic you guys are still worshiping this old man. It makes me feel better about myself and my life.. Hahaha... Later suckers..:lbf:

“Looser”

If this is what makes you feel better about your life then wow dude. What a crappy life.

Lovely.

https://genius.com/Morrissey-by-the-time-i-get-to-wherever-im-going-lyrics

[Verse 1]
By the time I get to wherever I'm going

[Chorus]
There will be no time
There will be no time left with which to
Meet you and talk about logic
And have you on the low

[Verse 2]
Should there come a time
I make use of all of this knowledge
That I drag behind
Like traps, like scraps, like baggage

[Chorus]
There will be no time
And have you on the low

[Break]

[Outro]
There will be no time
There will be no time
No time left to have you on the low

https://genius.com/Morrissey-by-the-time-i-get-to-wherever-im-going-lyrics

[Verse 1]

[Chorus]
There will be no time
And have you on the low

[Verse 2]
Should there come a time
I make use of all of this knowledge
That I drag behind
Like traps, like scraps, like baggage

[Chorus]
There will be no time
And have you on the low

[Break]

[Outro]
There will be no time
There will be no time
No time left to have you on the low

His farewell letter knowing he will die soon.

Morrissey:

"I wrote and recorded Viva Hate and Kill Uncle when I was half asleep and it took me 2 seconds, one for each album"

Morrissey looks into camera and yawns.

Using a Smiths-era photo to try and salvage some goodwill, eh Moz?

Nice try but it's still a shit song. And I thought The Smiths were shit and comparable to The Laughing Knome, anyway?

JM is probably grateful to be cropped out of the photo!

That is not the picture or video SER uploaded and posted.

This is...

That is not the picture or video SER uploaded and posted.

This is...

Ah - I've seen this but for some reason I thought Sam had leaked the edited version as well.

It sounds sound a bit better (the edit), but it's not a strong song.

Where do I find the download of this awesome song?

Can someone make a download of this great track and post in the download forum? It so good I want to be able to listen in many different devices.:thumb:
Ignore the haters, they will only be satisfied if Moz makes a song off the Koran.:lbf:

This is obviously a stunt. His voice in the song sounds current—it certainly wasn't recorded more than a few years ago.

Like many of Morrissey's later songs, he seems to sit in front of a microphone moaning while searching for a melody that never arrives. He has to shove so many words together in his long, drawn out phrases that it just goes on, and on, and sounds tedious.

Well, in any case not as tedious as you.
Not that there is a competition.
Different playing fields.

That door was slammed shut in 2007. All you going chaps can bicker back and forth about this racist old ads man that should of retired in 2004. I never in 100 years would of thought he would turn into this pile of trash of a career when I was watching the Arsenal show in 1992 in Charlotte, NC.

Give it some more time.
100 years is not enough.

L
He's obsessed with his looming mortality and pissed off that the world changed when he wasn't paying attention.

Edited to say go sit on it, Thewlis. Is he not?

But, g23, mortality was always an important subject of his lyrics and songs and from the early start of The Smiths til Low In Highschool it must have been one of his most important subjects and he even discussed it more than once in interviews, when he still gave them, that is.

It is possible to see it merely negative as so many “hard core fans” did. :rolleyes:
To say it is narcissistic and selfish and clearly from someone obsessed with his own life and death as if he isn’t capable of empathy with any other person.
I don’t see as such.

It has, more or less, become a universal issue and preoccupation and gives a great insight into the inner world of some one who is reflecting on mortality in a musical way. Espressing himself and people to some extent recognising that and appreciating it. I know, not everyone.
And I know many people don’t like or appreciate his recent songs or at least the songs from his last 3 albums.

I still like his music and love Low In Highschool. ;)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom