"California Son" track listing posted on Morrissey Central

The Morrissey Covers Album - Morrissey Central
December 5, 2018

The track-list for Morrissey's California Son recording:

MORNING STARSHIP (Jobriath)
DON'T INTERRUPT THE SORROW (Joni Mitchell)
ONLY A PAWN IN THEIR GAME (Bob Dylan)
SUFFER THE LITTLE CHILDREN (Buffy Sainte Marie)
DAYS OF DECISION (Phil Ochs)
IT'S OVER (Roy Orbison)
WEDDING BELL BLUES (Laura Nyro)
LONELINESS REMEMBERS WHAT HAPPINESS FORGETS (Dionne Warwick)
LADY WILLPOWER (Gary Puckett & the Union Gap)
WHEN YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES (Carly Simon)
LENNY'S TUNE (Tim Hardin)
SOME SAY I GOT DEVIL (Melanie)

The album is produced by Joe Chiccarelli and will be released by BMG.

Look at the signs above the mirrors
Erh... Yes, quite understand the reference - just not why it's at the bottom of an album track listing post.
FWD.

I really don't want to hear Morrissey murder Joni Mitchell nor Dionne Warwick....

Can't wait to hear Lady Willpower though.

Boy this'll sell to the kids. :lbf:

I mean, I'm interested, I'll listen, but what a collection of dusty old bones he's chosen.

Be it confirmed! You lot will salivate over ANYTHING fat-Elvis related.

There are some excellent songs on that list. Morrissey is neither qualified, nor suited to sing ANY of them.

This is just another nail in the proverbial coffin. Most squandered careers don’t take this long to sputter to a halt. THIS pile of rubbish will certainly hasten Steve’s long-overdue retirement.

What a complete and utter JOKE.

Boy this'll sell to the kids. :lbf:

I mean, I'm interested, I'll listen, but what a collection of dusty old bones he's chosen.

Well, he's long past selling to kids, period. Although I'd like to hear his cover of Hotline Bling by Drake. ;)

Be it confirmed! You lot will salivate over ANYTHING fat-Elvis related.

There are some excellent songs on that list. Morrissey is neither qualified, nor suited to sing ANY of them.

This is just another nail in the proverbial coffin. Most squandered careers don’t take this long to sputter to a halt. THIS pile of rubbish will certainly hasten Steve’s long-overdue retirement.

What a complete and utter JOKE.
The fact completely rational post is getting “troll” flagged speaks volumes about the level of cognitive ability among Morrissey’s current fan base. These daft wee twats will accept the lowest common denominator if it dribbles from Fat-Elvis’ anus.

Bunch of low expectation-having douche bags is what you are. Grow the f*** up.

The most recent song on this is from 1976, so yes, it could be seen as songs from Morrissey’s childhood.

Well, he's long past selling to kids, period. Although I'd like to hear his cover of Hotline Bling by Drake. ;)
Are you off your f***ing nut? Morrissey’s fan-base is now entirely comprised of vegans and millennials who live in their parents’ basements. The level of ignorance displayed around here is confirmation enough.

The grown-ups left the building a long, long time ago. Most of those who remain are simple, teat-sucking, short-bus travellers who’ve confused shit-talk with opinion.

f***ing rubes. Lol!

You know what I mean. I think obviously most of the songs have significance to him and call back to his vinyl obsessing youth, and the days spending his money on 7 inch singles. I wasn't expecting anything from this decade, or even century, but this isn't the career boosting attempt at accessibility I was thinking it would be, that's for sure. He manages to defy expectations.

That's a really peculiar selection - but I suppose I'd be disappointed if it wasn't. Some thoughts:
  • Don't Interrupt the Sorrow is sublime - one of Joni Mitchell's finest moments. I think his voice could be superb on that, but I have serious doubts whether the band can do justice to Joni's subtle, pulsating jazz
  • Three bloody awful tuneless protest songs? Really?
  • Will he sing to 'Bill' in Wedding Bell Blues?
  • Lady Willpower is a great choice - assuming the band don't muck it up
  • There's quite a lot of 60s tosh there that really hasn't worn well
  • Does he have the range to keep up with Dionne Warwick?
I am curious to hear what he's done with these, all the same. I think everything hinges on how creative the arrangements are, and whether the band have been able to rise to the challenge. Unless there's been some interesting 're-imagining', it's hard to see the point. Reserving judgement, though, for now.

Huh. No "It Happens Everytime." Unless there'll be a single, and this is the B-side.

Yes Sir! I ´m surprised too! But could he do a better version? Until recently Moz was great taking an obscure artist/ song to sublime. It stopped ( Ramones Lou Reed covers were uselees) so we can live on Tim Buckley’s unless the repackage Bside vinyl download is forecasted !
My respect to you mcrickson ( the only forum legend here along with Smellyfrenchboy RIP)

Creates a new question as to whether attending a tour date post release would result in hearing this album nearly in full.

F**CKING AWESOME !!!!!!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock: :guitar::D

Heck yeah! "Suffer The Little Children" is a song these folks need to hear out here.

Deep in the heart of town
The devil dresses up
He keeps his nails clean
Did ya think it'd be a boogeyman?

On the album Buffy blends it into "The Angel" and then ya get hip'd even deeper to whats really the real deal.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom