Cancelled Smiths release/order

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Cast your mind back to the time when The Sound Of The Smiths was mooted. There was a US only release named "Hang The DJ - The Very Best Of The Smiths". Well, not wanting to miss out, I ordered it from amazon.com. Yesterday this arrived...

"Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX.

We are sorry to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the
following item:

The Smiths (Artist) "Hang the DJ: The Very Best of the Smiths
[Import]" [Audio CD]

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this
conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for
you.

This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that
you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience
caused.
"

So - my question is this - was there ever going to be a release with this title, or was it just a mooted US title until Moz/Marr/Someone Else got involved and said the US release should just be The Sound Of The Smiths? Or...does anyone have a copy of the release with the "Hang The DJ" title?

Peter

It simply shows Amazon's incompetance again.

They're listing Smiths 7 inch re-release as CD single re-release which is wrong.

I think that Hang The DJ was just the original title of what was later The Sound Of The Smiths.

Amazon are stupid though and dont inform anyone of this it seems.

Love PTxx.

Cast your mind back to the time when The Sound Of The Smiths was mooted. There was a US only release named "Hang The DJ - The Very Best Of The Smiths". Well, not wanting to miss out, I ordered it from amazon.com. Yesterday this arrived...

"Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX.

We are sorry to inform you that we have been unable to obtain the
following item:

The Smiths (Artist) "Hang the DJ: The Very Best of the Smiths
[Import]" [Audio CD]

We apologise for the length of time it has taken us to reach this
conclusion. Until recently, we had still hoped to obtain this item for
you.

This item has now been cancelled from your order and we can confirm that
you have not been charged for it.

Please accept our apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience
caused.
"

So - my question is this - was there ever going to be a release with this title, or was it just a mooted US title until Moz/Marr/Someone Else got involved and said the US release should just be The Sound Of The Smiths? Or...does anyone have a copy of the release with the "Hang The DJ" title?

Peter

I had wanted to bring this up actually. In the library system where I work, there's a listing for "Hang the DJ" in our database. I had wanted to order it to see for myself..haven't gotten around to it yet. But what surprised me was that theres also a separate listing for "The Sound of the Smiths." So perhaps this really is "Hang the DJ"? Our cataloggers here rarely make such mistakes.

It simply shows Amazon's incompetance again.

They're listing Smiths 7 inch re-release as CD single re-release which is wrong.

i noticed this one as well , i was gong to order them but i know the order wont go through , I think they should have re-issued the cds as singles too

as for hang the DJ wasnt there an advert in a UK magazine advertising HAng the Dj with the sound of the smiths cover (mojo i think)

Back
Top Bottom