carnegie play by play

I had a great time!!! Our seats were awesome, first tier right smack in the center. I took some pictures, but haven't had a chance to load them up yet to my computer.

I thought he sounded FANTASTIC, band was great. I think there was a little too much of the current album, but he threw in a nice mix from Quarry, (how about more from Ringleaders though?)

My sister came with me as a last minute replacement and while she's not a huge fan and is not as familiar with his solo stuff as she is with the Smiths stuff, she thought he put on a great show and was very happy to hear Charming Man and How Soon Is Now. :) All around great show, and even splurged a little and bought not one but TWO shirts (the I Love NY with Moz's face as the heart and the Union Jack logo one)

And Sweetness (Diane) it was nice meeting you!!

Does anyone have audio of the concert available for download anywhere? Would love to get a copy!

here it is....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fda3u8q9nKs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fda3u8q9nKs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

here it is....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fda3u8q9nKs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fda3u8q9nKs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Sooooooooo cute! :sweet:

Sounds like it was a great show, glad everyone had a good time! :thumb:

I can't believe I am saying that but the fact that it wasn't GA venue made the show better, perhaps I am getting old.
Also one note about the Courteeners, apart from the Libertines I think this was the best opening band Moz had over the years. Got the CD and listened on my way to work, great stuff.

I can't believe I am saying that but the fact that it wasn't GA venue made the show better, perhaps I am getting old.
Also one note about the Courteeners, apart from the Libertines I think this was the best opening band Moz had over the years. Got the CD and listened on my way to work, great stuff.

I feel the same way. After getting pushed and shoved at Hammerstein (even though we were pretty close) I wanted seats this time. I don't think there was a lack of energy because of it being a seated/larger venue. I thought it was great. I just wish he would've changed up the set list a bit because I was thinking of so many great songs he could've done from the Smiths and solo catalogs that would've hugely benefitted with the acoustics of that venue.

Ah, well, great show overall. I thought the Courteeners were decent too. My only complaint with them is I think the lead singer was badly miked because I couldn't hear his lyrics clearly. They sounded cool tho.

F**king Carnnegie Hall took my videos off you tube!
Anyone knows how this works? Can I demand You tube to put them back?

F**king Carnnegie Hall took my videos off you tube!
Anyone knows how this works? Can I demand You tube to put them back?

no you can only be happy that they did not close your account. Viacom did this to my vast collection of videos on youtube - they took down anything done by mtv... I am just happy that they did not close my account for multiple offenses... I would suggest you lay low for a while and post them as downloadable files.... too many violations and we will lose your whole superfantastic channel.

Seeing Morrissey at Carnegie was amazing... but they are some bitches over there! Dude beat me and my chest is all f***ed up having trouble with deep breaths... All I was doing was standing there - literally gently swaying... and he started hitting me... HARD... and I am not really known for being wimpy about these things... that was HARD... now they are screwing with you too... bastards! :gun:

Seeing Morrissey at Carnegie was amazing... but they are some bitches over there! Dude beat me and my chest is all f***ed up having trouble with deep breaths... All I was doing was standing there - literally gently swaying... and he started hitting me... HARD... and I am not really known for being wimpy about these things... that was HARD... now they are screwing with you too... bastards! :gun:
I guess it's easier than dealing with the likes of stubhub, ticketsnow etc. that 'legally' selling tickets...

I guess it's easier than dealing with the likes of stubhub, ticketsnow etc. that 'legally' selling tickets...

nope i dealt with ticketsnow for this ticket... they just want your money. Dude at Carnegie wanted blood.

I am going to write a letter to them about how utterly appalled I am at how i was treated. I spent quite a bit of money on that ticket and dude just panicked the moment there was any sign of movement and started hitting me hard in the chest... and i had nowhere to go... what was I gonna do try and hit him back? I was afraid to even block him dude was so spooked... I was like "chill... have a look around buddy."
Bastard... I am writing to them... Finally I quit smoking and now I cant breathe cause of this ape in a suit.

its pretty funny that I got through Bowery downtown in the gritty guts of ny with the tee shirt security and grungy looking kids... and yet I end up with an injury at the world famous carnegie hall due to an employee. what a pack of idiots.

Even if you WERE trying to get on the stage he still would have been out of order. And in a venue of such caliber at that.

Even if you WERE trying to get on the stage he still would have been out of order. And in a venue of such caliber at that.

Indeed! I will write them a letter they won't forget... and follow it up with a phone call... in a very concerned tone... concern about the "Carnegie foundation" and just what is it that my aunt and uncle (two generous contributors) are supporting over there?

Is this any way to serve your customers???? Is instigating violence in an otherwise peaceful situation the job of the security? And did I pay hundreds of dollars to be beaten at your venue?

HAHAH next time Morrissey is at Carnagie Hall... if you see me front row dont be surprised... it will be because I decide to keep calling them to "talk to the manager..." hahahaha.

I prolly wont though... I will probably just be in pain for a couple days and pay a whole lot to a broker again next time he comes. :/

I am going to write a letter to them about how utterly appalled I am at how i was treated. I spent quite a bit of money on that ticket and dude just panicked the moment there was any sign of movement and started hitting me hard in the chest... and i had nowhere to go... what was I gonna do try and hit him back? I was afraid to even block him dude was so spooked... I was like "chill... have a look around buddy."
Bastard... I am writing to them... Finally I quit smoking and now I cant breathe cause of this ape in a suit.
Btw I know of someone else which got the same 'treatment', maybe it's the same security guard? i'll ask her if she wants to join your letter.

Btw I know of someone else which got the same 'treatment', maybe it's the same security guard? i'll ask her if she wants to join your letter.

Yes... I suppose we could write a letter. Have her contact me and if enough people really do step forward we can each write a bit. Seriously, I have been to shows at Carnegie Hall... Opera and classical music only - why is it that they kiss my ass for that and kick my ass for this... when I was acting exactly the same way for both shows. f*** that.

Back
Top Bottom