carnegie play by play

so my first time since the radio city shows, i didnt attempt to get on stage. if felt weird but i wasnt feeing well and i didnt want to get moz sick again.
i did get this!
IMG00115.JPG

yea, i forgot to mention that there was no backdrop. videos played on back wall.

flax, nice to meet you finally.

anyone pick up a MED nyc tour shirt that they are willing to get rid of?
why the F didnt they make smalls!:(

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone noticed but he said "SHALOM" (Hebrew for hi) right after "I'm ok by myself" when he went off stage, got it on video, will post link soon.

xfranklyx, u r awesome for doing that play-by-play for everyone.

Excellent time tonight. Carol, tux, Sebastian, Moz walking like a zombie, a chatty Moz and the band sounded great.

I posted these on the main page, but know I rarely visit there myself so here's a few quips from Moz, I apologize in advance if any are mangled...memory's a funny thing, ya know. lol

After I Keep Mine Hidden: "Does anyone know that song? Anyone? Nobody? Don't lie just for the sake of the young ones here"

During the mic handoffs, a girl said she loved him, to which he replied, "I cannot be loved. I'm like a dog from a stray shelter. It's pointless."

Another guys said, "besides being spectacular, what are your plans to help our economy?" to which Moz replied, "To be honest, I really don't care"

Another dude said, "Ive been a fan for 22 yrs, can you please play How Soon Is Now again?" (yes...he asked him to play it over lol), and someone behind him yelled into the mic, "Suedehead!" which got a nice cheer from the crowd. Moz shrugged, "See! You can't please everybody."

CAROL. Yes. If he doesn't play it in Chicago, I will be VERY disappointed. Then again, if he doesn't play Mama or Goodbye/Farewell, that'll stink too. Not as much though. YOR rules.

Last edited:
What a gorgeous venue! Sounds like an amazing show, I bet the crowd went "Aww!" when YOR baby was brought in.

xfranklyx, I hope you're feeling better! Thanks to everyone for the updates.

fantastic show. Moz seems to be feeling very good... or at least he appears that way. The entire vibe just felt so fitting and refreshing after the two grittier (super fun in a different way) NY shows. Somehow I felt much more my own age and "normal" at this show (I guess because I was clean, well rested, and not totally f***ed up and filthy from sitting on line waiting to get in and then being pressed against incessently for hours...) which is a nice way to mix up experience a bit; nice to enjoy moz just as much in a different way without having to wonder at some point - if i am regressive? perhaps? and "what the hell is wrong with me why i am sleeping on the f***in bowery, imagine if my folks saw this? :/"

The sound was great at this venue. Usually earplugs help filter noise and protect ears but Carnegie has such great sound that they were not necessary. Its a very pretty venue with interesting bits of composition framed in the hallway... somehow the feeling of history, culture, class, and calm attention is very strong at CHall, Central Park West walk up to the Dakota from Columbus Circle, the bits inbetween TWC and Apple store, that walk down 5th to MET... Dip around the corner to Moma (I used to live on that street right there and in many ways it sucks there but in many ways it is a fantastic and romantic area to walk around... esp in the park... now that whole foods is there you can even get a decent veg meal in the area - which was NOT the case before (screw cafe europa!!!!!!) at least I sensed this kind of dignified quiet history around... and for me it did not collide with the show but rather enhanced it, bringing awareness to the significance of a Moz show and having him there live with us... and also a kind of fluid flexible flex of electric guitars while wearing a tux VERY WELL and perfectly dashingly YAY MOZ!

I think that the security guard on the right in the front is a bit of a nutcase. I suppose he heard that things get out of control during the encore and when there was a little bit of movement forward he simply decided to punch (stike... hit :crazy:...) for no particular reason but to make a premature point I suppose. My arms were totally relaxed, I was barely tensed up enough to block his blows much less pull myself up on stage... when he just started hitting me in my chest... which is totally sore from Jersey when I bruised my sternum.

I told this dude he is better off having me in the front than some dude behind me so WTF is he doing?? He stopped to think for a second - idiot - he looked at their expressions and immediately moved me in back of him and I was up against the stage back to back with him as he prolly just started punching someone else for no reason at all.:sick: Bit of an asshole esp since it hurts to breathe again thanks to this idiot.... sigh - anyway...

The stage was very low and decorated molding made it very very easy to climb on. Haha with two fake front teeth and one super big (I guess permanently) seemingly ruptured disk (weird ball) on my spine... I learned many years ago that its only fun to stage dive, be thrown around (skateboard) and get tackled when it does not cost you your ability to run or chew or work in the weeks that follow -

And if I were going to do it, Carnegie Hall is probably a very cool way to do it... and it would have been so easy and all I did was get punched in the chest for NOT doing anything but loosely sway! pff... Seems the 15 years I have waited to see Moz in this venue has caught up with me and I have become an old wimp! It looks like I have aged more since that day in 94 or 95 was it? when I walked passed Carnegie Hall from my apt (that was just one block east) only to see the MORRISSEY CANCELED sign that would hang above my bed for months...
Now, as far as I can tell Morrissey pretty much sounds amazing and imo looks better with age, has more to say, seems happier too actually - at least compared to when I have seen him in the past. I love that. I hope I get happier too.

The shows actually seem much more interactive and longer to me now too - at least more satisfying than they did back when I was a kid... Maybe I have also changed or my memory is not so hot but I know I feel more satisfied these days after a show -

Usually I would not compare those days to these days... but seeing him at this venue in my old neighborhood... passing my old apartment and the old subway station I used to take to class... I could not help but feel redemption for that cancellation I took rather hard 15 years ago. That cancellation came to symbolize some kind of inevitable defeat at the time... hahaha it was all very dramatic.

If you had told me - back then - that I would be 32 when Moz finally made the show... and he would be 50 but still inspiring the same kind of awe - and glowing with the same kind of energizing charisma and charm... there is absolutely no way I could have connected the dots together of how he could possibly pull it off with style and grace and sound just as good... Morrissey looks and sounds amazing and I am just very impressed with the whole show tonight. I love that the Moz and the band can do Bowery in its grit and intimacy as if they built themselves on the lower east side bar circuit and CBs and then flip around and do Carnagie as if it were "Ask in F" and "Never Played Symphony no. 2." I also think the crowd is super cool for being so flexible and not having to do the same shit every show... but rather going with the flow and vibe of the night moment. :thumb:

I thought Bowery could not be touched... It was the best show I have ever been to... but this CH show pretty much was at that level in a totally different way... THANK YOU MOZ FOR GIVING NY SO MUCH JUICE.

Last edited:
fantastic show. Moz seems to be feeling very good... or at least he appears that way. The entire vibe just felt so fitting and refreshing after the two grittier (super fun in a different way) NY shows. Somehow I felt much more my own age and "normal" at this show (I guess because I was clean, well rested, and not totally f***ed up and filthy from sitting on line waiting to get in and then being pressed against incessently for hours...) which is a nice way to mix up experience a bit; nice to enjoy moz just as much in a different way without having to wonder at some point - if i am regressive? perhaps? and "what the hell is wrong with me why i am sleeping on the f***in bowery, imagine if my folks saw this? :/"

The sound was great at this venue. Usually earplugs help filter noise and protect ears but Carnegie has such great sound that they were not necessary. Its a very pretty venue with interesting bits of composition framed in the hallway... somehow the feeling of history, culture, class, and calm attention is very strong at CHall, Central Park West walk up to the Dakota from Columbus Circle, the bits inbetween TWC and Apple store, that walk down 5th to MET... Dip around the corner to Moma (I used to live on that street right there and in many ways it sucks there but in many ways it is a fantastic and romantic area to walk around... esp in the park... now that whole foods is there you can even get a decent veg meal in the area - which was NOT the case before (screw cafe europa!!!!!!) at least I sensed this kind of dignified quiet history around... and for me it did not collide with the show but rather enhanced it, bringing awareness to the significance of a Moz show and having him there live with us... and also a kind of fluid flexible flex of electric guitars while wearing a tux VERY WELL and perfectly dashingly YAY MOZ!

I think that the security guard on the right in the front is a bit of a nutcase. I suppose he heard that things get out of control during the encore and when there was a little bit of movement forward he simply decided to punch (stike... hit :crazy:...) for no particular reason but to make a premature point I suppose. My arms were totally relaxed, I was barely tensed up enough to block his blows much less pull myself up on stage... when he just started hitting me in my chest... which is totally sore from Jersey when I bruised my sternum.

I told this dude he is better off having me in the front than some dude behind me so WTF is he doing?? He stopped to think for a second - idiot - he looked at their expressions and immediately moved me in back of him and I was up against the stage back to back with him as he prolly just started punching someone else for no reason at all.:sick: Bit of an asshole esp since it hurts to breathe again thanks to this idiot.... sigh - anyway...

The stage was very low and decorated molding made it very very easy to climb on. Haha with two fake front teeth and one super big (I guess permanently) seemingly ruptured disk (weird ball) on my spine... I learned many years ago that its only fun to stage dive, be thrown around (skateboard) and get tackled when it does not cost you your ability to run or chew or work in the weeks that follow -

And if I were going to do it, Carnegie Hall is probably a very cool way to do it... and it would have been so easy and all I did was get punched in the chest for NOT doing anything but loosely sway! pff... Seems the 15 years I have waited to see Moz in this venue has caught up with me and I have become an old wimp! It looks like I have aged more since that day in 94 or 95 was it? when I walked passed Carnagie Hall from my apt (that was just one block east) only to see the MORRISSEY CANCELLED sign that would hang above my bed for months...
Now, as far as I can tell Morrissey pretty much sounds amazing and imo looks better with age, has more to say, seems happier too actually - at least compared to when I have seen him in the past. I love that. I hope I get happier too.

The shows actually seem much more interactive and longer to me now too - at least more satisfying then they did back when I was a kid... Maybe I have also changed or my memory is not so hot but I know I feel more satisfied these days after a show -

Usually I would not compare those days to these days... but seeing him at this venue in my old neighborhood... passing my old apartment and the old subway station I used to take to class... I could not help but feel redemption for that cancellation I took rather hard 15 years ago. That cancellation came to symbolize some kind of inevitable defeat at the time... hahaha it was all very dramatic.

If you had told me - back then - that I would be 32 when Moz finally made the show... and he would be 50 but still inspiring the same kind of awe - and glowing with the same kind of energizing charisma and charm... there is absolutely no way I could have connected the dots together of how he could possibly pull it off with style and grace and sound just as good... Morrissey looks and sounds amazing and I am just very impressed with the whole show tonight. I love that the Moz and the band can do Bowery in its grit and intimacy as if they built themselves on the lower east side bar circuit and CBs and then flip around and do Carnagie as if it were "Ask in F" and "Never Played Symphony no. 2." I also think the crowd is super cool for being so flexible and not having to do the same shit every show... but rather going with the flow and vibe of the night moment. :thumb:

I thought Bowery could not be touched... It was the best show I have ever been to... but this CH show pretty much was at that level in a totally different way... THANK YOU MOZ FOR GIVING NY SO MUCH JUICE.
Sterling review Suparni ! Really moving. You almost had me in tears when you were talking about the '94 cancellation and flashforwarding to NOW. I wish wish wish I could have been there, but some three thousand miles of ocean got in my way. Hopefully his 50th at the Apollo will be just as sublime.
Thank you so much for sharing this. :clap:

whoooo a TUX!!
theres hope for the Uk tour yet.
*dashes off to chase RAH tickets)

Great Review Suparni, shame about the thicko security, bloody muppets. :mad:

im experiencing this strange feeling where i feel relieved that the shows in nyc are over because now i can return to regular life. but also feel somewhat depressed that i dont have him to look forward to for quite some time.

what happened last night was a bit indescribable.

on to may. everything is set. the trip the tickets. everything. now its just time to wait.

I hope you are feeling better xfranklyx. Glad you made it inside!:thumb:

Enjoyed the review Suparni.

And if I were going to do it, Carnegie Hall is probably a very cool way to do it... and it would have been so easy and all I did was get punched in the chest for NOT doing anything but loosely sway! pff... Seems the 15 years I have waited to see Moz in this venue has caught up with me and I have become an old wimp! It looks like I have aged more since that day in 94 or 95 was it? when I walked passed Carnegie Hall from my apt (that was just one block east) only to see the MORRISSEY CANCELED sign that would hang above my bed for months...

The shows actually seem much more interactive and longer to me now too - at least more satisfying than they did back when I was a kid... Maybe I have also changed or my memory is not so hot but I know I feel more satisfied these days after a show -

GREAT POST.....now I regret going to this show :(

thanks everyone for the get well wishes! see you all this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom