Cartoony Morrissey image used by Google in newsstand ad

charmer

Mark Wycislik-Wilson
There's a great picture of Morrissey in Google Play for Newsstand (the Android app). Unmistakable and wonderfully pleasing -- great quiff and eyebrows (well... monobrow!)

https://play.google.com/store/newsstand

morrissey_newsstand.jpg

I think he is supposed to be a reporter. Or a game show host. When was the last time Morrissey was seen in a tie? These are generic people with varying occupations. Not meant to be anyone in particular.

Just a suit guy on his way to work. Moz has caterpillars for brows but they don’t connect together.

I think he is supposed to be a reporter. Or a game show host. When was the last time Morrissey was seen in a tie? These are generic people with varying occupations. Not meant to be anyone in particular.

How do you get reporter or game show host out of a guy standing in front of a podium and ballot box?

How do you get reporter or game show host out of a guy standing in front of a podium and ballot box?

I saw a microphone to his right. Now looking at it more closely, I see the podium and ballot box. Missed those on my first look.

Aren't they all on some sort of public transit?

Last edited:
I saw a microphone to his right.

Yeah, it's called a train.

The caricatures represent a category:

Old man - Home & Garden
Jogger - Health & Fitness
NOT Morrissey - News & Politics
Lesbian - Business & Finance

I assume the mother & child have something to do with government handouts for dummies...

The caricatures represent a category:

Old man - Home & Garden
Jogger - Health & Fitness
NOT Morrissey - News & Politics
Lesbian - Business & Finance

The assume the mother & child have something to do with government handouts...

Mother and child - Any Women's Mag

I saw a microphone to his right. Now looking at it more closely, I see the podium and ballot box. Missed those on my first look.

They are indeed.

And when I ride the subway I frequently bring with me both my lectern and a ballot box--especially if said ballot box has a ballot halfway sticking out.

Reporter or game show host is as good as guess as any, but I think he's supposed to be some kind of elected official. One who has to not only ride the subway, but bring his own lectern with him along with the elections ballots to work with him. Honestly I think Moz probably makes more sense that whatever it was intended to be.

Or maybe this is a clever depiction of election fraud?

They are indeed.

And when I ride the subway I frequently bring with me both my lectern and a ballot box--especially if said ballot box has a ballot halfway sticking out.

Reporter or game show host is as good as guess as any, but I think he's supposed to be some kind of elected official. One who has to not only ride the subway, but bring his own lectern with him along with the elections ballots to work with him. Honestly I think Moz probably makes more sense that whatever it was intended to be.

Or maybe this is a clever depiction of election fraud?

:lbf:

Back
Top Bottom