Chain Gang Progress - Morrissey Central (14th Nov.)

44884_44883_unnamed-1_bbgvhu.jpg

Morrissey's new single "Back On The Chain Gang" has had an excellent across-the-board first week on U.S. radio making it the fastest rising single in Morrissey's career.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/chain-gang-progress

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Via Jesse's IG:

20181120_060159.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Extremely small update: I was just driving home from work and Richard Blade played BOTCG as a new release from an 80's artist on his Sirius New Wave channel. Richard is a big supporter of his. It is nice that someone in the business still tries to put his music out there.

Like always, if the songs were great, all would be forgiven. He got away with a lot (Bengali In Platforms) because he was sooo great.

I reckon stop trolling me Richard Ramirez. Now I need to sleep with my windows closed because of you like it's 1985 in Morrissey's beloved San Fernando Valley.

The war on Moz in the UK seems to be ongoing. No one in the UK has played Chain Gang yet.
Maybe they wait for the physical release.

On spotify it’s on almost 400,000 now.

The war on Moz in the UK seems to be ongoing. No one in the UK has played Chain Gang yet.
Maybe they wait for the physical release.

On spotify it’s on almost 400,000 now.

If Morrissey is now persona non grata on the airwaves in this country (and I'm not sure that he is,) whose fault is that?

Not asking for much but could you at least start a sentence with a capital letter?
no because it would take me a millisecond to press caps.

The fastest rising single of Morrissey's career.

In other words, nowhere fast.

Great news - Chain Gang has doubled its UK airplay.
Yes, it's now been played twice!
Radio 2 have given it another spin, apparently.
Not sure when the second time was but doesn't seem to have been on Norton's show today.

Great news - Chain Gang has doubled its UK airplay.
Yes, it's now been played twice!
Radio 2 have given it another spin, apparently.
Not sure when the second time was but doesn't seem to have been on Norton's show today.
Currently on this week's Radio 2 playlist.
Last played:

20181201_170118.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Well Europe's most popular radio station (R2) still hasn't playlisted Chain-gang but they've started giving it quite a few plays - almost one a day, now, which is about the same as a C-list song anyway.
Wonder if/how people will make the connection between the song and the release of a new version of a Morrissey album...

Tags
back on the chain gang single

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom